NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #330 on: <10-21-16/0541:38> »
While flooding the room sounds like something that could have been done to mess with the run, it actually hasn't occurred to me until you mentioned it. No, it is the emotional state, and possibly some powerful magic that is lingering around that made it that way. No need to worry about swimming any time soon.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #331 on: <10-21-16/1417:23> »
Casket's Locksmith roll:

Locksmith (Tumbler): 14d6t5 7

EDIT: Looks like the forum ate my IC post. I'll work up another one soon. I'm assuming that 7 sux gets me through the door.
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/1746:01> by Ravensoracle »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #332 on: <10-21-16/2208:14> »
Yup, 7 successes is plenty to push through this one.

For the magically active, the awful feeling only affects you while either astrally perceiving or projecting, in normal meat space, you will be fine.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #333 on: <10-22-16/0042:37> »
In case we decide we should use hacking:

1. perception (matrix): 14d6t5 6 (should roll 16 dice so here is 2 more)
2 more dice for matrix perception: 2d6t5 0

This I hope should tell spikes if the door and the camera's are connected and so forth. Scoring a mark on a slaved device also gives a mark on the master so directly connecting to the cameras seems like a golden opportunity for me.

2. Hack on the fly: 14d6t5 4 (-2 dice reduced for running silent)

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #334 on: <10-22-16/0716:27> »
Matrix perception shows the cameras and door are in fact networked, and you now have a single mark on the camera/host.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #335 on: <10-22-16/1110:08> »
Are the cameras pointed down at the table? Can Spikes get a Direct Connection without being in LoS?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #336 on: <10-22-16/1155:44> »
Yes and yes, they appear to be set for observing things on the table, some broad angle, and others for extreme closeup.
« Last Edit: <10-22-16/1336:26> by CraterShip »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #337 on: <10-22-16/1353:33> »
I assume that Chaim will want Spikes to open the door, so to do so she will use her mark on the host to spoof command to open the door.
Spoof command: 12d6t5 5

Are there audio/video files from the Camera that Spikes can hack? (do we need a recorded evidence of what happened in that room?)

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #338 on: <10-22-16/1406:56> »
I assume that Chaim will want Spikes to open the door, so to do so she will use her mark on the host to spoof command to open the door.
Spoof command: 12d6t5 5

Are there audio/video files from the Camera that Spikes can hack? (do we need a recorded evidence of what happened in that room?)

Chaim will encourage Spikes to get 3 MARKS on the Host via the Direct Connection on a camera, and start looking through video feeds to get a layout of the lab. Then loop feeds, then pop door.

Chaim has a reporter contact he may be tempted to try to get copies of some of the backups for, but this hasn't been discussed with the team.

ETA: if they don't have cameras on the halls, then a fire drill protocols file should at least have a rudimentary map.

ETA 2: I'm on my phone so rolling is a pain, but Chaim will happily Direct if you'd like some extra dice and a Limit increase. 14 dice if Spikes is going full VR and 16 if as can still smell him. Feel free to roll for me if you get to it before I do.
« Last Edit: <10-22-16/1411:44> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #339 on: <10-22-16/1421:47> »
@redandblack I am not sure that Spikes can score 3 marks on the hosts with direct connection on the camera. I think she only get one mark on the host no matter what she does with the cameras, but I think that 1 mark is enough for us to look at camera feeds (edit file operation I assume).

Any leadership help will be very much welcome, especially from an handsome male with pheromones... ;) Perhaps she will ask him to hold her while she goes into VR. (so far I rolled AR, but if we attempt something so risky as 3 marks on the host then definitely VR.)

For Red and Black
leadership (direct): 4#14d6t5 4 3 6 3
So Spikes will do Hack on the fly in hot sim running silent with Chaim's help, she will take -4 to attempt to place two more marks in a single action, this will take away all the cooperation dice. Her sleaze is 4 +  over clocker + exploit + sneak  = 8 

Hack on the fly - place two marks at one time.: 16d6t5 6

Now edit file to access camera feeds: (limit is also 4 + over clocker + edit (2) + toolbox 1 = 8)
edit file: 21d6t5 6

I hold on resolving the spoof command as I wait for clarification from Chaim. I will roll two more hack on the fly once redandblack rolls his leadership dice, as well as a bunch of edit files.
« Last Edit: <10-22-16/1431:50> by gilga »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #340 on: <10-24-16/1139:54> »
@gilga, you're right.  There's not much you to do that you'd need additional MARKs on a Host for.  Originally, I was thinking that the paydata would be hardwired onto the lab itself, but since we're dealing with a Hidden, and likely self-contained Host down here, it might be worth a Matrix Perception test to see if the File(s) we need are accessible here.  If nothing else, it will save time once we've made our presence known.

For looking for the file
Leadership: Spikes MP: 14d6t5 6
Not bad.  6 extra dice, and +1 to the Limit.

And for Edit File.  Don't forget to look for Data Bombs!
Leadership: Spikes Edit File: 14d6t5 5

Looks like you've got the Edits down. 

@Crater, was Spikes able to get a working map of the basement?  Do we know about where we need to go from here?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #341 on: <10-24-16/1151:59> »
I will roll the complete perception crack disarm data bomb to accomodate the edit file.  no problem.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #342 on: <10-24-16/1520:37> »
Matrix perception: 18d6t5 10 if there is a bomb there then Spikes should see it. The limit is 6 by the way.  (7 with leadership)
Defuse Data bomb:
defuse DB: 10d6t5 4 (here leadership can add a single dice only because spikes is not very skilled, hopefully 4 hits will be enough. )
Crack file:  (the limit is 6, 7 with leadership)
Crack file (remove protection): 16d6t5 8
Edit file (copied from previous post)
edit file: 21d6t5 6
limit is 6, 7 with leadership)

So Spikes did any needed matrix action, to extract payload from the host. I am waiting for Carter to clearify what we can/cannot do in the matrix from this location and what kind of pay date there is.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #343 on: <10-24-16/1847:14> »
From where you are currently, the pay data is not accessible, but you do find a simple map of the basement, looks like 12 holding cells lining both sides of a long hallway, an elevator at one end of the hall, and a large hexagonal shaped room at the far end. From your best estimates, it looks like you are in the cell closest to the elevator, furthest from the hexagon room, on the south side.

You have gained access to the cameras and can loop feed to hide yourselves should anything come up, and you have access to the door release.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #344 on: <10-24-16/1856:00> »
Here's another set of rolls for Stealth checks. for when we go through the door.

Stealth Roll (Urban Spec): 5#18d6t5 7 8 10 7 10

Limit is 8 +2 w/ Chameleon suit so:

Casket: 7
CHaim: 8
PaleHorse: 10 (Not sure if Chameleon suit counts for Teamwork)
Ichante: 7
Spikes: 10

Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal