NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #270 on: <10-13-16/1832:53> »
removed spoiler and edited the post a bit (being less sharp tongue toward Casket...

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #271 on: <10-13-16/1924:59> »
Removed the spoiler for the character sheet but left it for the pic just to save screen space. Let me know if it is causing anymore issues.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #272 on: <10-13-16/1955:05> »
Looks like everyone is settling in nicely. Glad to see so much activity so quickly. With that, I think the plan has been all worked out, everyone seems to be in agreement about going through the sewers and through the porthole doors. I'll work up the next major plot point and post it up hopefully tomorrow, on the meantime, feel free to RP to your hearts content.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #273 on: <10-13-16/2054:23> »
Thanks for taking off the spoilers, gents.

Ichante doesn't have a gas mask.

Ichante also doesn't have the Logic / Knowledge Skills to know or say the following, but it's possible that someone else (perhaps Spikes with her high Logic) would:

1) Due to Availability, Neuro-Stun VIII is the best we can come up with on short notice
2) Neuro-Stun has both contact and inhalation vectors
3) Neuro-Stun VIII becomes inert after ten minutes of contact with air

Given all of the above, it might not be wise to be dispersing Neuro-Stun VIII within a confined space, gas masks or no. Unless we're in armor with full chemical seals, we'll still be vulnerable to the Contact vector. If we use a gas grenade then I presume alarms will likely be going off, and if that's true then 10 minutes is a long time to wait for the gas to become inert. That's more than enough time for security and backup security to hammer us, or cut off our escape routes.

It might be wiz to drop such a grenade behind us on our way out to cut off pursuit, but I don't think we should use them on the way in.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #274 on: <10-13-16/2118:54> »
Spikes will use her knowledge of Architecture to figure out how to use gas -
considering ventilation system and air direction and so forth. In a building such as a hospital ventilation should be quite sophisticated.
Architecture: 10d6t5 4

and chemistry knowledge to justify Stun granades knowledge.
Chemistry: 10d6t5 4

and her knowledge of security design after surveying the information gathered trying to piece everything together.
Security Design: 10d6t5 1

But why do we want to use gas grenades? What's wrong with plain gel rounds or did I miss anything about that?
« Last Edit: <10-13-16/2201:51> by gilga »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #275 on: <10-13-16/2258:44> »
@Tec, per CraterShip'a earlier ruling on multi-vector toxins if they're in aerosol, they will be Inhilation only. Gas masks will be all that we need, and they won't slow us down.

@gilga, there was talk about us walking into a potential scene out of a Romero flick. The gas is mostly in case we find ourselves in a room full of Ghouls. Close combat is not a good idea.
« Last Edit: <10-13-16/2301:53> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #276 on: <10-14-16/0057:50> »
M... alright I'll edit then.
Do Ghouls breath even ?

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #277 on: <10-14-16/0552:13> »
Ghouls may or may not breathe at all, I'd say it depends on how they SURGE, what new modifications they end up with. However, any other test subjects should breathe just like any normal person. I will stick with the inhalation vector just to make things easier, and to give you guys the option of the gas grenades.

As to your successes, Gilga, your architecture knowledge will remind you that hospitals do have robust ventilation, and possibly more importantly, either filtration or ejection systems to keep disease from spreading. It's likely the gas will never reach the rest of the hospital as it is either scrubbed through filtration, our ends up getting jettisoned out an upper floor to become inert. Chemical side, you will know about neuro sun VIII, and will be able to caution everyone about the time it takes to go inert, also the possibility of it lingering slightly longer if in a small room with poor ventilation. And finally, for security, you don't think up anything new security wise.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #278 on: <10-14-16/0633:34> »
Okay I'll edit the post to reflect that the hospital should not be affected.  Thanks CarterShip.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #279 on: <10-14-16/1217:05> »
I've updated my char sheet with Chaim's physical description and history.  Also, I've deducted ¥600 for three gas masks.  One for Pale Horse, Ichante, and Spikes.  Chaim and Casket both have gas masks in their Ballistic Masks.  The Neuro-Stun VIII grenades were purchased with our advance from Asher.  I figure Casket can take 2 of them, since he has the Throwing Skill to match, and Chaim, Pale Horse, and Spikes, can each have 1 so that we can cover our rear, or drop in place if anything goes wrong. 

Chaim doesn't have any Knowledge skills about whether or not Ghouls breathe, but by RAW they are living creatures and other strains of HMHVV don't preclude breathing -- the vampire's Induced Dormancy, for example.  Hopefully, we won't have to find out.

@gilga, is Sonic an at-home security system, or does Spikes take her pet out on runs?

Digging the RPing everyone.  Glad we've hit the ground running.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #280 on: <10-14-16/1233:57> »
Casket doesn't have a Gas mask. He was asking about getting it with a Ballistic Mask. I can purchase it myself just need to pick it up.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #281 on: <10-14-16/1253:40> »
Casket doesn't have a Gas mask. He was asking about getting it with a Ballistic Mask. I can purchase it myself just need to pick it up.

Gotcha.  I misunderstood.  Chaim will gladly spring for the gas mask addition to a Ballistic Mask.  Looks like Casket is a little low on nuyen, so he'll loan the remainder if that's a problem.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #282 on: <10-14-16/1306:23> »
As a reminder, Asher offered to front us some of our pay in the form of gear. Casket could get his ballistic mask + gas mask combo that way.

Let's also be mindful of lighting, as the sewer will presumably lack light sources. Ichante has natural thermographic vision, but I don't see any vision mods on Chaim. (He has a low-light flashlight on his chameleon suit, but not the low-light vision to take advantage of it?) Spikes is similarly blind. Casket has thermographic vision in his contacts. Pale Horse has a flashlight, which could help.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #283 on: <10-14-16/1322:46> »
Yeap she is completely blind wuthout a flash light and not very stealthy with one. I am not sure what we can do about it though how is the availability on thetmo glasses?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #284 on: <10-14-16/1335:34> »
I had assumed that a low light flashlight would up vision penalties from total darkness to dim light. If they're. I use to AJ eone without lowlight vision any chance I could switch that out, @Crater?

Good catch, Tec.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal