NEWS

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

• 12 Replies

Red Rivka

• Newb
« on: <01-18-15/0843:18> »
I just had my first sip of any alcoholic beverage in months and I want to SCREAM in ecstasy. It's not even great beer, it's Redbridge, the gluten-free sorghum beer from Busch. Though...I do like sorghum beer better than most drinkers. I had kind of forgotten what beer tastes like, though!

Don't worry, I'm not an alcoholic, I just have extreme limitations on drinking due to my medications and I realized that I was awake with enough time to drink between the stuff I take at night and the stuff I take at a proper hour of the morning. Normally I'd share this kind of stuff with my partner, but they're asleep like a normal human.

What are you drinking?

farfromnice

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <01-19-15/1046:23> »
If you ever come to Québec go to the Barberie near The Palais de Justice and the Gare du Palais

best beer (and one of the owner had the best beard to) in Québec

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <01-19-15/1214:34> »

Coffee and Brandy. (Hey it's 9am! too soon for Beer!!)

Why the heck did you go months without drinking?!?!
 Prison?
 Locked in the closet?
 Trapped in a Dry country? (That was the only way I went dry that long!)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-19-15/1233:35> »
I'm from Belgium and I have the choice between about 400 different kinds of beer.  I mostly like Rodenbach, Trappist beers (Westmalle, Rochefort,...) and Abbey beers (Leffe, Affligem, Tongerlo, ...).
On holiday, where Belgian beer is difficult to get, if I drink it's wine or cocktails.  A freshly made Maitai.

Although I don't drink much, as I get ill when I drink too much and mostly if I'm away I'm by car and alcohol and cars simply don't mix.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

AndyNakamura

• Chummer
  • Memetic Warfare Agent
« Reply #4 on: <01-23-15/1202:14> »
Got introduced to Guinness by an Irish friend, and stuck with it ever since. Also, I extremely rarely uphold the Vodka Drinkovski stereotype.
"If you are expecting a rousing speech, or a cunning plan that will get us out of this, I will have to disappoint you. I don't have any. We either do this, or we die. And the world dies with us."
"I paid quite a lot to get all of you here. I expect you to give me my money's worth. Shogun out."

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-23-15/1211:33> »
I've always been a cider man myself. I love me some angry orchard!

PS: Redbridge is pretty good! My wife has a friend with a gluten allergy and we got it for him the last time he came to visit :)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-24-15/0727:40> »
Try Nanny Ogg's Scumble.  It actually exists and it's quite a nice cider.  And as a good cider, it's made from apples... well, mainly apples. :)
Do not let it come into contact with metal though.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-24-15/1536:56> »
Try Nanny Ogg's Scumble.  It actually exists and it's quite a nice cider.  And as a good cider, it's made from apples... well, mainly apples. :)
Do not let it come into contact with metal though.

meh im lazy and the grocery store sells angry orchard. I'll keep on the look out though the next time i head to the liqueur store. They have too many beers and ciders to pick from and I'm always afraid ill spend all that money and then not like them
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-24-15/1653:50> »
You can get the Scumble online and they deliver, or so the guy told me at the Discworld Con.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-24-15/1713:55> »
i must be missing some joke here

WARNING: If at all possible avoid bringing Scumble into contact with water. If used for cleaning cutlery, one thimbleful of Scumble should be diluted in a bucket of water for best results, and to avoid dissolving the forks.

Always drink sensibly – do not allow Nanny Ogg’s Scumble to touch the lips or other sensitive areas.

they do sell it online http://www.discworldales.co.uk/shop/nanny-oggs-scumble-cider-330ml/ but it is £10.49 for a single beer shipped...

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #10 on: <01-24-15/1839:49> »
I think it's just a novelty item - it's incredibly cost-prohibitive otherwise.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-25-15/0430:52> »
i must be missing some joke here

WARNING: If at all possible avoid bringing Scumble into contact with water. If used for cleaning cutlery, one thimbleful of Scumble should be diluted in a bucket of water for best results, and to avoid dissolving the forks.

Always drink sensibly – do not allow Nanny Ogg’s Scumble to touch the lips or other sensitive areas.

they do sell it online http://www.discworldales.co.uk/shop/nanny-oggs-scumble-cider-330ml/ but it is £10.49 for a single beer shipped...

definition of scumble: http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Scumble
Read a couple of Discworld books (Terry Pratchett) and you'll get it quickly enough.  I think Mort is the first where Scumble is named as such.

born_of_flame

• Newb
  • Fenix
« Reply #12 on: <02-03-15/0214:49> »
Not much of a beer drinker. Usually stick to light (aka water) if I have to, though I have found a nice brown once. Don't know what it was, though. I prefer hard ciders myself. Drinking a Hard Pressed right now. My favorite is Hornsby Apple Crisp, followed by Stronbow. Angry Orchard and Redd's aren't bad. Angry Orchard's apple wines are really good, except for the strawman. Too dry for me.
"I've seen a thousand fires, each has called my name. And every time I die in smoke, I rise again in flame"