Shadowrun General > Gear

5E Tentacles...oh my

(1/3) > >>

Dudesomebody:
  Hello everyone, I have been searching far and wide on the internet for a way to give a runner some form of 'ware tentacles and am deeply surprised that shadowrun has no rules for it. I have thought of a few close to RAW ideas that might work with a thematic change but they all have their short comings. I was trying to find a tendril that could be retracted into either a normal arm (like a cyberweapon) or be housed inside a human looking cyberlimb, no tentacle arms. I know rules as written doesnt have anything but I want to stay as close to RAW as I can, change how it looks but leave the rules unchanged if that makes sense. Ok, enough of my BS, time to let this freak flag fly!!

1. grapple arm with myomeric rope.  It has a nice damage listing, you get plenty of reach and myomeric rope can be controlled remotly; the only problem is there arent any rules for what the rope can do or how you do it. Does the rope have stats, what skill do I need to attack/grapple with it when I am not firing it, what damage does myomeric whip do? In short, lotta homebrew.

2. Telescoping cyberlimbs.  Not really a tendril but it would just be thematic change and, since its a limb, I know what skills and stats it has. Down side is its not really a tendril (no flexibility) and it would have a whole 2 meter reach. simpler on the rules but very underwhelming.

3. The cybertentacle from issue 9 of KA-GE magazine. This one has all the problems of the first two and it is first edition, so would need heavy conversion. I only list it so I have a complete a list as I can.

Any ideas or rules info would be most welcome and as always, thanks for the help chummers.

BeCareful:
Is there a prehensile tail in Chrome Flesh or something? You could use that. The main issue with that where you would normally have a cyberlimb is the lack of fingers.

cantrip:
There is an Oral Slasher and Snake Fingers in Chrome Flesh - still not quite what you are looking for, but on a similar track...

And a reddit article on tentacle cyberlimbs

Dudesomebody:

--- Quote from: BeCareful on ---Is there a prehensile tail in Chrome Flesh or something? You could use that. The main issue with that where you would normally have a cyberlimb is the lack of fingers.

--- End quote ---

The problem with the prehensile tail is that it lacks rules, it just says you can you can grab things. One could assume you would use the players base stats though I suppose and I would much prefer a bioware version than a cyber one :D

--- Quote from: cantrip on ---There is an Oral Slasher and Snake Fingers in Chrome Flesh - still not quite what you are looking for, but on a similar track...

And a reddit article on tentacle cyberlimbs

--- End quote ---

The oral slasher kinda falls into the same category as using the grapple hand, All the rules I need to attack someone but nothing for general tendril use. The snake fingers are close but again need reworking. I found the reddit post before I posted here; Before I bother you guys with my special brand of stupid, I make sure I look extensively elsewhere. I really dislike being that guy that asks a question that has been answered a dozen or more time. I do thank you for the link though, I was trying to find it again.

Reaver:
The problem is, what you want, can not physically exist.
Now, I know we see it in Hentai all the time.. but that is not a good representation of real life :P And Shadowrun, despite its Fantasy elements, still tries to stick to realism. (well, as much as it can)

Think about what you want... you want something that can retract, has strength, is prehensile, and flexible. So how exactly do you do that!??!?!?

To be flexible, it would need a Mechanical gimble, flyjoint, sprocket or lever... that has mass... and you would need one at EVERY POINT OF ARTICULATION.
Next, those gimlbes, flyjoints, sprokets, or levers need to receive both power and command signals, which means wires....

And we are not even into little things like weight, ductile strength, tensile strength, thermodynamics, mass, or even Phyics!

I am sad to say, But Rule 34 ONLY applies to the internet..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version