NEWS

What happened to Dodger and Maegera?

• 32 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-25-12/0057:40> »
All three maintained UV nodes where they were gods, and were generally capable of feats no one else was. So I'm not seeing a lot of evidence that Alice wasn't equal to the other three. Deus was only free to exist in the Matrix at large for nanoseconds before the End Of The Fucking World (Crash 2.0 beginning during its emergence and the Novatech IPO). Alice was roaming the Matrix freely for a minimum of seven years.

The only thing that really makes Deus/Maegera/Mirage special is their conflict over the Network nodes.
« Last Edit: <07-25-12/0101:10> by James Meiers »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <07-25-12/0722:41> »
Indeed. Deus, Maegera, and Mirage are more widely known because they actually went and meddled with metahumanity on a significant scale. Alice, on the other hand, created Wonderland and was content to make Roxy's life a living hell for as long as possible. Hence, she wasn't well known to the outside world, and only a few steps up from an urban legend in runner circles. Just like how Morgan/Maegera was before the Shutdown, and the fight over the Network, when she 'came out' and started making major plays to counter Deus. In other words, the visibility of an AI is not the measure of the power of an AI.

As for other events creating e-ghosts, JackBNimble 'saved' and 'archived' a lot of people during the Crash, including Captain Chaos.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #17 on: <07-25-12/0921:28> »
Indeed. Deus, Maegera, and Mirage are more widely known because they actually went and meddled with metahumanity on a significant scale. Alice, on the other hand, created Wonderland and was content to make Roxy's life a living hell for as long as possible. Hence, she wasn't well known to the outside world, and only a few steps up from an urban legend in runner circles. Just like how Morgan/Maegera was before the Shutdown, and the fight over the Network, when she 'came out' and started making major plays to counter Deus. In other words, the visibility of an AI is not the measure of the power of an AI.

As for other events creating e-ghosts, JackBNimble 'saved' and 'archived' a lot of people during the Crash, including Captain Chaos.

Which is really, really,  WAAAAY past due to be resolved btw.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <07-25-12/1103:09> »

Which is really, really,  WAAAAY past due to be resolved btw.

A dangling plot thread, indeed.

There've been a few hints, but you really have to scour for 'em. In general, you want to loook forward with plots, not backwards, but I always try and sprinkle a bit of stuff from before in there whenever possible. About a 5% nod, really.

No clue when, or if, this one will ever get more airtime. Still, you have to think that Imago, Jack-B-Nimble, and Project Imago have some similarities...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <07-25-12/1131:27> »
I just assumed that Project Imago was a continuation of Imago, but then, I never played/read the module.

As for the Captain, in one of the recent books there was one job where you had to go around and get e-ghosts to sign off on a digital document warning them about NeoNET, or some such. The leader of one of the group of e-ghosts the players find is called the Captain...

My Characters

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <07-25-12/1158:22> »

There've been a few hints, but you really have to scour for 'em. In general, you want to loook forward with plots, not backwards, but I always try and sprinkle a bit of stuff from before in there whenever possible. About a 5% nod, really.

Of course, if a plot has not been resolved finally, then....is it really looking backwards? Or is it looking left and right?
When I GM, I think of the Shadowrun plot threads a bit like my miniature work area: I have all my paints and tools
around me, and I look through them for the right one to do what I am trying to do...I would think you writers are
the same way: SO many unresolved things....So many questions that have not been answered..It would be nice
if they were wrapped up eventually...

Personally, I am expecting those starting up in 2014, the 25th anniversary year. I hope we finally get an answer on
who that person who posted WAY back on the Awakening Day was...

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <07-25-12/1239:18> »
I think there was some stuff in Emergence that very slightly hinted at the 3 AI's wandering the matrix together, though that might just be how I interpreted it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-26-12/0727:23> »
I think there was some stuff in Emergence that very slightly hinted at the 3 AI's wandering the matrix together, though that might just be how I interpreted it.
I still say Pulsar is one of the old AIs who just 'rebranded' itself.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #23 on: <07-26-12/1249:46> »
Hopefully we'll get to find out if Dodger is alive or dead soonish. I've got something in the works that reveals the current status of him and his old team. ;)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-26-12/1256:41> »
I still say Pulsar is one of the old AIs who just 'rebranded' itself.

Who's to say Pulsar isn't BOTH Mirage and Deus in some weird AI merge (akin to how Bugs merge with people).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <07-26-12/1705:40> »
That would be ... unique. And really, REALLY powerful.

As for Dodger, Bull, drop Zimmerman a line on that. He's the Elf Guy, after all. 

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #26 on: <07-26-12/1733:49> »
As for Dodger, Bull, drop Zimmerman a line on that. He's the Elf Guy, after all.
It's cool, we chatted.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <07-26-12/1823:29> »
It's cool, we chatted.

Ah! Well good then. :)

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <07-30-12/0921:11> »
Meg was at the bit three-way dance in Boston and, as far as we know from published works, no AI survived Crash 2.0.

As I've said elsewhere, everything is in the Endless Archive.  Include the source code of the big AIs of yesteryear... ;D
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <07-30-12/1428:29> »
I was wrong, the story I was refering to is in System Failure, pg. 123 "Hello World". The patient is talking about 3 idols in the matrix, the imagery seems to point towards various aspects fo the previous A.I.'s. I think all three where severly weakened from Jormungand (sp?) and the crash in general and also had some of thier code intermingled.

I personally would like to see these three eventually fully awakening, and being almost as powerful as they were before when they combine thier efforts and be on par with great dragons and IE's as far as schemeing goes.