NEWS

The Krime Katalog

• 56 Replies

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <03-26-21/1841:16> »
Are you planning to fit a troll in the trunk??

... because that is what's bigger in a sedan...

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: <03-26-21/1857:39> »
Somethink like Lada Niva or Suzuki Jimny makes more sense with the description.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #47 on: <03-29-21/1114:58> »
Yeah, I know...  I guess I was going too far into the style than into how it was described.  The lack of art for it, yeah...

Well, go with whatever vision you want for the vehicle.  It's a four-seater with an overly loud, underpowered engine that was designed specifically to be as unsellable as possible.

And became a market hit.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #48 on: <03-29-21/1332:36> »
I really need to re-read the Krime Katalog more slowly, to appreciate all of this sort of thing :D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #49 on: <03-29-21/1522:30> »
I really need to re-read the Krime Katalog more slowly, to appreciate all of this sort of thing :D
Yes, yes you do.  Then come here to discuss!   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <03-29-21/1935:04> »
So, um....My Naga shaman(mystic adept/face)  is in need of a ride after the bus driver for his route figured out he floats invisible on the ceiling  of his bus..... any suggestions from the krime Katalog?

I know it will rely on grid guide to start with... our rigger is not giving lessons till he owns his own vehicle.
« Last Edit: <03-29-21/1940:06> by Frankie the Fomori »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #51 on: <03-30-21/0903:07> »
So, um....My Naga shaman(mystic adept/face)  is in need of a ride after the bus driver for his route figured out he floats invisible on the ceiling  of his bus..... any suggestions from the krime Katalog?

I know it will rely on grid guide to start with... our rigger is not giving lessons till he owns his own vehicle.
For a Naga, I'd suggest a Krime Wageslave PMV.  He'll actually be able to reach the pedals at the very front of the vehicle, and will be able to get into the vehicle a lot more easily than a typical Troll (the open hatch on the top of the vehicle is actually the door to get in!).  I'd suggest some sandbags for ballast, as, if the operator isn't heavy enough, it's tippy as frag.  Also, it'd be good as a starter vehicle so that your Rigger will finally teach you to drive.  Just don't expect to be doing any 'runs in it, the performance isn't there, but it'll get you to meets even better than sneaking on the bus did!

If you want something beefier, the Krime Bazoo is a second choice, being a troll-sized subcompact, and at least having four wheels.  I'd suggest a Redline model for a Shadowrunner as it has better performance to start with before you start modding the vehicle.  (And, let's face it, it needs as much help as it can get!).

If you got a fat credstick, and your Rigger is also a Shadow Wrench (or you get a Shadow Wrench as a contact), go with the Krime SV-2 "Crashtest".  You won't need to modify it for protection, but you will need to do things to the engine to make it even more impressive.  Make it earn those boss exhausts!!!  Alternatively, a Krime DeTruck is cheaper, and lets you haul around more in it's 1/2-Ton Bed (I suggest getting a cover of some sort so that it isn't out and open, even a tarp and some bungie cords will suffice.).  It's an attraction machine, but that isn't always a bad thing, and, as always, is underpowered so get you some engine work.

What can I say, all the really good engine designs are owned by the major automotive corps that are AA+ Corporations.  Also, Krime didn't want these vehicles to sell.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #53 on: <06-04-22/0155:46> »
So...  Any more stories from folks?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #54 on: <06-07-22/0540:29> »
I'll let you know if I ever get around to starting a campaign again. :'(

I do recall looking into 'take the bombing thing, mod weapon mounts of a jetpack-glider frame, have them fire 10 grenades instead of 6 because the mount comes with more capacity, and let it rain 60 party grenades per turn for 5 turns in a row'. The conclusion was that it costs you 57k but will result in massive death. I want to write that into a story!

"Did you really think you could just hire a Shadowrunner team to take me out?"
"Take you out? Nono, you're mistaken! I spent the money to throw you a party!"
*Enter party-grenade bombardment*
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #55 on: <07-16-22/0724:04> »
The low accuracy on a lot of Krime weapons had kept me away from them.  But I was just finishing off a rigger and realized that in some circumstances drones use their sensor rating instead of the weapon accuracy,  at which point who cares about the weapon accuracy?   And if you are using the Swarm program, the Swarm gets +1 limit per additional drone in the Swarm.  Small, cheap, drones can't carry larger guns, so the high damage of a lot of Krime weapons fits into this strategy perfectly.

And speaking of drones, the Krime Screamer doesn't list a drone size, more use the Rigger 5 style indication of available body for modification.   I'm thinking that with the body of 2 it would be a small drone, and that the speakers would take up one mod slot so it would be body 2(1).

Make sense?

cuidaBeja

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <03-03-24/1200:48> »
I've got one for you, CanRay!

I had the players run a mission where they needed to recover a luxury car from a scrap gang (very loosely based on the Corvids from Brigador). They had an in, since my Rigger (we switch out GMs) has both a party van and had dealt with these people in the past, so they were able to enter under a peace flag.

Getting out, there were various groups of angry men on bikes (they slowed that with some tactically places explosives places during their alleged shopping trip) and the bigger threat; several gates in the maze scrapyard with a couple Krime Escalation guards.

The decker was able to spot them pretty early on, and when. Things got hot she bricked was just able to brick all of them in time. I had one guy get mad and try to javelin the van as it drove under though. Turns out throwing an RPG is pretty hard though and he collapsed the gate behind the party.

I've also had some Yakuza carry "concealed" Krime Chatters in a different campaign, but that wasn't actually the real threat present (they weren't Yakuza anymore they were bugs)
Shadowrun may not be the dystopia we want but we should be careful that it's not the one we get . . .