NEWS

A Clockwork Timebomb?

• 342 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-18-12/2254:30> »
It'd be smarter for Clockwork to point an MCT (or whoever) team at Netcat & baby than to try to handle it himself.  Depends how much self-satisfaction he wants.

Another problem is, he's now just too easy to frame, should anything happen.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #16 on: <02-18-12/2352:27> »
Another problem is, he's now just too easy to frame, should anything happen.
Ah, good. Someone else noticed this. :)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-19-12/1353:28> »
Btw, Puck seems to have a mean streak a mile wide. Not a guy to cross...

No, he is not.

His foes got off lightly compared to what I would have him do if I had been able to write the adventures in Corporate Intrigue. Of course, he was also rescued by the most benevolent people possible.
« Last Edit: <02-19-12/1355:14> by James Meiers »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #18 on: <02-19-12/1517:00> »
It'd be a messy little blow-up, that's for sure.  Fucking with technobaby is a sure-fire way to (eventually) kill yourself, but...well...hate makes folks do crazy stuff, sometimes.  And no one of Jackpointer caliber is ever going to admit, maybe even to themselves, that there's a job they can't pull off.  It takes confidence to run the shadows, and to people who are used to dodging megacorporations and federal governments, there's the distinct possibility that "just a few shadowrunners" might not (on the surface) seem like as much of a threat.

So to us?  Sure, Clockwork would have to be friggin' insane to try it.  We can all see the Jackpointers likely to come crashing down onto him if he gives it a go, we can see how dangerous a group of people they are, we can see how nasty the rest of his life is going to be if he hurts technobaby.  But to Clockwork?  He's done this sort of thing before.  He's pissed off families before.  He's snatched technos before.  If he goes into it cold and mean and plays it like he has in the past (and, in his head, he will)...he can pull it off. 

Obsession and hatred make smart people do stupid, dangerous, things.  If you're already used to doing dangerous things...yeah.  I could see him making a play.  Eventually.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <02-19-12/1730:36> »
The whole Clockwork thing reminds me of the old '80s movie Commando.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <02-19-12/1848:11> »
Somehow I can't see Slamm-0! walking into the scene with a damned tree over one shoulder...

He's got the whole Daddy Belly going and all.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #21 on: <02-19-12/1905:51> »
Somehow I can't see Slamm-0! walking into the scene with a damned tree over one shoulder...

He's got the whole Daddy Belly going and all.  ;D
Well, duh.  There'd be a training montage first, of course.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <02-19-12/1908:13> »
By Argent!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-19-12/1930:20> »
So long as mommy doesn't come and rescue his ass at the end like Ocean's Twelve.

That movie ...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #24 on: <02-19-12/2015:37> »
So long as mommy doesn't come and rescue his ass at the end like Ocean's Twelve.

That movie ...
... was worlds better than Ocean's Thirteen.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

SwampFox

• Newb
  • This city is my Swamp, just try and dig me out.
« Reply #25 on: <02-19-12/2359:10> »
I personally thought that the Ocean trilogy was a good view of how a modern-day equivalent to a Shadowrun would look.  If the entire team was made up of Faces, Deckers and technically skilled sorts.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #26 on: <02-20-12/0053:30> »
I personally thought that the Ocean trilogy was a good view of how a modern-day equivalent to a Shadowrun would look.  If the entire team was made up of Faces, Deckers and technically skilled sorts.

Yeah, but not a Street Sam, Gunslinger, or Hyper-Ninja (my new nicknames for gun-adepts and fist-adepts) in the lot of 'em.

Closest to it in any way was the acrobat.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

SwampFox

• Newb
  • This city is my Swamp, just try and dig me out.
« Reply #27 on: <02-20-12/0107:36> »
Just made the heists that much more impressive IMO.

Bruce

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <02-20-12/1351:55> »

Most criminals (well, sane ones) try not to involve young children.  Not out of any sense of morality per se; but because that's the surest way to anger a lot of people into putting forth a lot of effort against you.

Mind you, enough nuyen (and hatred) can make people do things that are very self-destructive in the long run.  I'd say if the bounty got high enough, Clockwork might succumb to temptation.

Of course, he'd have to be sure to take out both Netcat and Slamm-O...and he'd probably forget about Bull, which I think would be the real source of trouble.  Fastjack and the others would be angry, but Clockwork would (or should) anticipate that reaction.  Bull might make it a crusade against Clockwork, for very understandable reasons.  And Clockwork is more likely to underestimate Bull's capabilities and resources.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <02-20-12/1403:09> »
I'm still seeing signs that FastJack is the Godfather.  But, yeah, Bull after losing his own daughter would go bulldrek crazy in a china shop trying to track down and make the person responsible die in as slow and painful a manner as possible.

Also, don't forget Slamm-0!s parents, they're still alive and Shadowrunning!  Granny and Grampy Shadowrunner isn't going to let that go without nothing!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11