NEWS

Origins 2012 - Columbus Ohio, May 30 - June 3, 2012

• 24 Replies

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <06-04-12/1610:34> »
Went good, i got ganged up on and murdered, i mostly deserved it.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

jamesfirecat

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <06-04-12/1836:23> »
Neat.  How'd the Scramble go?

Speaking as one of the runners who took part in the scramble I greatly enjoyed it as it offered something different than just sitting around a table, and a chance to find myself in competition with characters controlled/designed by other human beings rather than just blocks of stats at the GM's command.

That said there are several aspects of it that I feel could be improved upon, though I'm not sure if the five or so worth of pages of material I wrote on the subject would best be posted here, someplace else, or just kept to myself....

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <06-04-12/2101:41> »
Always amused to hear how the Scramble goes at Origins, now that there's one there in addition to the Gencon one (which is the thing at Gencon that I look forward to the most).  The more info, the better would be my suggestion.

jamesfirecat

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <06-04-12/2153:15> »
Always amused to hear how the Scramble goes at Origins, now that there's one there in addition to the Gencon one (which is the thing at Gencon that I look forward to the most).  The more info, the better would be my suggestion.

I'll try to get around to writing an unbiased account of what went down before the week is through.Before that though I plan to post my thoughts on the various other convention missions I went through here /on this form if not necessarily this thread obviously enough.

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <06-04-12/2158:50> »
James if you care to forward your thoughts to lurkeroutthere [at] yahoo i'll make sure their included in the internal discussion already started.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: <06-05-12/1009:07> »
Thanks for sending up the thoughts James!  Glad you had some fun at it!

Next year we need to get the advertising going so we can get Origins Scramble as big as GenCon's has been
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <06-05-12/1515:06> »
(This is Abraham, for those of you who met me at Origins)

I had a great time running and playing in missions at Origins. I have some feedback on some of the missions I ran - where should I send it? Should I post it here, or pm/email Bull, or what?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #22 on: <06-05-12/1706:23> »
Relax guys.  I'm old and beat up.  It takes me a couple days to recover from cons.  I usually spend Monday largely in a coma and relaxing and catching up on a weeks worth of downloads, emails, and chatting with friends.  I'll be sending all the GMs an email later tonight. :)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <06-10-12/2322:41> »
As soemone who's never been to Irigins and only had a single, poorly-fated, trip to a GenCon, what, pray tell, is a Shadowrun Scramble?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #24 on: <06-10-12/2328:51> »
As soemone who's never been to Irigins and only had a single, poorly-fated, trip to a GenCon, what, pray tell, is a Shadowrun Scramble?
It's about four hours o' Shadowrun LARP, and about four hours o' Shadowrun tabletop (with the same characters).  It's a good time!