NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

WellSpokenRunner

• Newb
  • Just a simple man trying to not get eaten by Lofyr
« Reply #330 on: <01-28-12/1605:24> »
I actually had an idea about what happened to the remains of Cross for people who were fans of the War on Ares.  In my "game" (though this was all just brain candy for me) Leonard Aurelius bought a controlling share of Cross.  Now it's his company and his dedicated weapon to burn Ares.  Jean-Marie Cross, the son of Lucien inherited his father's stake but is essentially shell shocked from the losses he's suffered.  He's kept on as Chairman but solely for PR reasons and he quickly becomes a pawn n the games of the company between people who support the now ascendant Aurelius bloc and the remnants of the Cross loyalists.  The seraphim are divided over the new state of things: some, like Jezebel Serateau, have stayed with the company, even enhanced their positions of power.  Others have gone rogue, into the shadows as independent runners or to take their own vendetta against Ares.  But the kicker would be a new player in the mix: an evil Celine Dion.  Former popstar who married into even more money, she becomes a player on the board, seemingly playing both Cross and Aurelius for her own mysterious ends. 

Sorry for the stereotype but I was thinking of a kind of French female power player like Catherine Medici and the thought of an evil Celine Dion would be a hilarious SR character.  (Look what I can do with a Rocker archetype!  This is for you Paul "Shadowbeat" Hume!)

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #331 on: <02-04-12/0241:16> »

Sorry for the stereotype but I was thinking of a kind of French female power player like Catherine Medici and the thought of an evil Celine Dion would be a hilarious SR character.  (Look what I can do with a Rocker archetype!  This is for you Paul "Shadowbeat" Hume!)

Wait a minute I thought Celine DIon was some kind of evil banshie this whole time.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #332 on: <02-04-12/1326:52> »
Wait a minute I thought Celine DIon was some kind of evil banshie this whole time.
Banshees sing better.

I was about to say an Evil Alanis Morissette, but realized I'd be repeating myself.  :P  Of course, that might be because I remember her from "You Can't Do That on Television".  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

WellSpokenRunner

• Newb
  • Just a simple man trying to not get eaten by Lofyr
« Reply #333 on: <02-05-12/1432:40> »
Banshees sing better.

I was about to say an Evil Alanis Morissette, but realized I'd be repeating myself.  :P  Of course, that might be because I remember her from "You Can't Do That on Television".  ;D

Celine Dion has HMHVV!  Someone call Martin DeVries!

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #334 on: <02-06-12/0902:19> »

That is Alanis's major redeeming feature.

Snorelot

• Newb
« Reply #335 on: <03-26-12/1827:49> »
Hey, just wanted to say how excited I am about Shadowrun.  Recently went to a panel at an anime convention, so I'm clearly very new to the whole system (fast learner though  ;) ).  I look forward to posting and playing with you all.   ;D
I'll sleep when I'm dead

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #336 on: <03-30-12/2247:24> »
Welcome to the group Snorelot, we're a great bunch of people!  But sometimes pimp ourselves out a bit.

*Psst*  Buy Safehouses, the PDF Book!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RedKiller

• Newb
« Reply #337 on: <04-01-12/0428:14> »
Just love this game.

Cheers from Brazil!!

8)
Make my day.

Medea

« Reply #338 on: <04-04-12/0350:27> »
Hi.  I'm new here.  LOL   :D

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #339 on: <04-04-12/0405:17> »
Welcome and enjoy

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #340 on: <04-05-12/1902:38> »
Hi.  I'm Parker and I'm a Shadowrun-aholic and have been for twenty-two years. ;)
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #341 on: <04-05-12/2240:28> »
Hi.  I'm Parker and I'm a Shadowrun-aholic and have been for twenty-two years. ;)
HELLO PARKER!

Grab some soykaff and when you feel like sharing with the rest of the group, go ahead and do so.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #342 on: <04-06-12/2349:55> »
Welcome Parker! Enjoy the boards, ask questions and ignore the sleeping dragon in the corner. He's just finished listening to CanRay's latest rant on his lack of a game.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #343 on: <04-08-12/0102:06> »
Welcome Parker! Enjoy the boards, ask questions and ignore the sleeping dragon in the corner. He's just finished listening to CanRay's latest rant on his lack of a game.

Huh?  What?  I'm sorry, I just woke up ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

BlackDoogan

• Newb
« Reply #344 on: <04-12-12/0302:23> »
Yahoo! My copy of the 20th Anniversary book just arrived in the mail this evening... its so purdy!

I have not played Shadowrun since 2nd edition, so I excited to dig into the new book... and you should see me poking around on here as well.

so... Hello everyone!

-- Doogan