NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #255 on: <07-09-18/1201:08> »
Should we drive this plot forward to the next scene or give folks time for more posts while in transit?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #256 on: <07-09-18/1324:50> »
Well ryu's gonna be doing digital sleuthing from hotsim in the front seat, I might have more to do depending on what GM comes back with
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #257 on: <07-09-18/1457:34> »
Well hopefull Ryu finds something useful. Did we get her comlink number?
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #258 on: <07-09-18/1540:28> »
Most of the frequent posters where college related, other gymnasts and jocks at her school as well as some classmates she had made small contact with. For the most part she seemed to try to keep to herself and didn't have many friends. She rarely posted and when she did it was about a meet that was coming up or to answer a person's question or to comment on a comment. One however did stick out a bit as looked closer into her posts. a Picture of her with another Japanese man about her age that was posted a few days ago. Kiku told the poster to take it down and the poster told her in a reply on the night Kiku vanished "But you two looked so cute, please???" Their was no answer after that.

You get a strong feeling from Ichirou that they killed the security guard during their interrogation.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #259 on: <07-09-18/1546:40> »
An inside Job, very ugly.
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #260 on: <07-10-18/0314:04> »
Slipping into hotsim, searching for commcode/persona for kiku: Commcode searches: 16d6t5 7
Searching for the poster she was talking to
Commcode search 2: 16d6t5 7
Programs:
Sneak
Browse
Toolbox
Signal scrub

Deck
Dp8(9) over clocked
Sleaze 7
Fw 6
Attack 5
« Last Edit: <07-10-18/0753:00> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #261 on: <07-10-18/1342:44> »
Slipping into hotsim, searching for commcode/persona for kiku: Commcode searches: 16d6t5 7
Searching for the poster she was talking to
Commcode search 2: 16d6t5 7
Programs:
Sneak
Browse
Toolbox
Signal scrub

Deck
Dp8(9) over clocked
Sleaze 7
Fw 6
Attack 5

Wow!! I can see that investigation is right up your ally. It will take you a base time of 12 hours first search as it is hidden information so you will be able to find it eventually it will just take time. This requires 6 success to find so you net one hit half the time and will find it in 6 hours. I will post the findings at the time in game your search ends. The other search however is much shorter so I will assume you started there. it is limited interest and therefor only is a 30 minute search requiring 3 success and you can use the net hits to shorten that time to under the amount of time it takes to drive the 15 minutes tot he U-dub campus and Kiku's apartment due to the amount of success you where able to do some small followup searches to learn a bit more on the man in the photo. The name of the man in the photo is Kaito Tomizawa son of Kosuke Tomizawa who is the Oyuban of the Kernan-Kai who operate out of the Puyallup Barrens.

Now for the apartment building. It is used as a residents hall for students going to U-dub and is the hall that houses the campuses workout and fitness center accessible to all students of the university of Washington. The front door to the building has a maglock on it and requires a keycard for entry. Their is a bilevel small garden out front of this U-shaped structure and the front entrance is marked by a glass entry way that houses a small study area. You can see slightly inside the building since the exterior is well lite and do see a guard post that is manned by a single guard who looks as if he is lacking allot of sleep currently and is head nodding trying to stay awake. Current time is 12:33 am. From the matrix the building is covered by the purple and gold, colors of the U-dub huskies which is in stark contrast to the rest of downtowns hints of emerald. An AR signpost lables the building ELM HALL. OOC check out this https://hfs.uw.edu/Live/Housing-Locations/Elm-Hall, this video tour of the facility which has not changed structurally since the 2020's and goggle map to use the street view to look at the building here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Elm+Hall/@47.6566697,-122.3174115,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x549014f39bd9f493:0xf8242cebdda3f191!8m2!3d47.6566661!4d-122.3152229

All of the virtual stuff that I posted is stuff that can easily be found with 5 minutes and a matrix search of 1 minute for those that wish to do a virtual scout of the place.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #262 on: <07-10-18/1727:15> »
Ive got browse running which halfs the time on searches too, i dunno if that was taken into account for the big trawl on kiku?
cheers for that update, will sort an IC tomorrow as bed time here
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #263 on: <07-10-18/1911:44> »
Work has been kicking my ass this week.  I'll try to get a post in tonight or tomorrow.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #264 on: <07-10-18/2128:14> »
Ace will take quick perception test on the general area. 13d6t5 5
I don't really think will turn up anything but I'm trying establish that Ace is both professional and kinda paranoid and never enters a place without having checked it out first.
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #265 on: <07-10-18/2147:48> »
Ive got browse running which halfs the time on searches too, i dunno if that was taken into account for the big trawl on kiku?
cheers for that update, will sort an IC tomorrow as bed time here

No I did not so it will be 3 hours then.

Work has been kicking my ass this week.  I'll try to get a post in tonight or tomorrow.

All good, I have had the same problem here as well.

Ace will take quick perception test on the general area. 13d6t5 5
I don't really think will turn up anything but I'm trying establish that Ace is both professional and kinda paranoid and never enters a place without having checked it out first.

You will notice that their is a car parked on the street that has two people sitting in the car, Do you have thermos?

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #266 on: <07-10-18/2213:28> »
You will notice that their is a car parked on the street that has two people sitting in the car, Do you have thermos?

Si. Thermal and Night built into his eyes..
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #267 on: <07-11-18/0752:19> »
@gm Cool, so that drops us down to 1.5hours with the net hit?
@team, did we get clearance from the meet to march in there and check it over or do we need to sneak in?
Either way we should get a picture of the sleeping guard to use as leverage and feed back to the yaks about poor security for their loved ones!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adzling

« Reply #268 on: <07-11-18/0838:19> »
we dont want any records of us having been here if we can avoid it. luckily you've got me. before i go in i want an astral scout of the room and those dudes in the car. + i need to devise a good cover for entering the dorm, im open to suggestions.

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #269 on: <07-11-18/0906:17> »
we dont want any records of us having been here if we can avoid it. luckily you've got me. before i go in i want an astral scout of the room and those dudes in the car. + i need to devise a good cover for entering the dorm, im open to suggestions.

I was planning to do that. I just haven't had time to post. Been very busy with work lately. I'll post tonight or tomorrow though.

@Red, here's my Assensing roll for going in astrally while we travel by car. I'd like to travel to the place and see if there are any magical security, wards, spirits, or traces of spellcasting. Any auras I can read?

http://orokos.com/roll/641444
« Last Edit: <07-11-18/0909:00> by eryrwyn »