NEWS

Magical weapon for an NON-awakened character

• 67 Replies

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <11-22-12/0518:34> »
Heh, yeah, that's great. You should look up Locate City Bomb sometimes. It's the Locate City spell + a few feats which turn the spell into a level 5 spell that annihilates everyone within a radius of miles/level. There's a few threads on it on several forums; I'd suggest looking up the most recent instance of it on the WoTC forums, not Giant in the Playgrounds. They've got a few misconceptions about it which make it not work, in their opinion.

There's also other lovely tricks like using Footsteps of the Divine (cleric spell) as a Ruby Knight Vindicator (that's a cleric/Tome of Battle hybrid). Basically, use Persistent Spell (don't worry about the no discharging spells thing, spells with a discharge effect are a seperate category that doesn't include FoTD (notably things like resist energy, which absorbs x amount of damage before being discharged, etc) as it doesn't discharge under the rules, it just has two spell modes). So now you have 24 hours of footsteps of the divine.

There's a maneuver in Tome of Battle, Tornado Throw. So, use the burst of speed. There are 14400 turns in a 24 hour period. So you now have a speed of roughly 144000 feet for the turn. Every 10 feet you can throw an opponent, with icnreasing modifiers to throw and damage. We end up throwing people well over the escape velocity of the earth.

Ring of fire is also fun. Run around a town, watch it burn.

But eh, perhaps that's enough D&D on a SR forum :p

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #61 on: <11-22-12/0732:35> »
Heh, yeah, that's great. You should look up Locate City Bomb sometimes. It's the Locate City spell + a few feats which turn the spell into a level 5 spell that annihilates everyone within a radius of miles/level. There's a few threads on it on several forums; I'd suggest looking up the most recent instance of it on the WoTC forums, not Giant in the Playgrounds. They've got a few misconceptions about it which make it not work, in their opinion.

There's also other lovely tricks like using Footsteps of the Divine (cleric spell) as a Ruby Knight Vindicator (that's a cleric/Tome of Battle hybrid). Basically, use Persistent Spell (don't worry about the no discharging spells thing, spells with a discharge effect are a seperate category that doesn't include FoTD (notably things like resist energy, which absorbs x amount of damage before being discharged, etc) as it doesn't discharge under the rules, it just has two spell modes). So now you have 24 hours of footsteps of the divine.

There's a maneuver in Tome of Battle, Tornado Throw. So, use the burst of speed. There are 14400 turns in a 24 hour period. So you now have a speed of roughly 144000 feet for the turn. Every 10 feet you can throw an opponent, with icnreasing modifiers to throw and damage. We end up throwing people well over the escape velocity of the earth.

Just one more, though it's technically from the Pathfinder spinoff. I worked out a way to make a mage self destruct for something like 3000 minimum damage to everything within thirty feet and heal themselves of more hitpoints than most maxed out fighter builds have at the same time.
I could link to the thread if i thought anyone was interested.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #62 on: <11-22-12/1610:02> »

Just one more, though it's technically from the Pathfinder spinoff. I worked out a way to make a mage self destruct for something like 3000 minimum damage to everything within thirty feet and heal themselves of more hitpoints than most maxed out fighter builds have at the same time.

AHH Pathfinder you mean DnD 3.75?  ;D love to have a look at the thread.
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #63 on: <11-22-12/1722:28> »

AHH Pathfinder you mean DnD 3.75?  ;D love to have a look at the thread.
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2nsqb?Why-no-love-for-animal-familiars#17 here you go. there are several refinements down the rest of the thread, but this post is the genesis of the idea... I think.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

Burn it with Fire

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <11-30-12/0933:43> »
As it has been said the principle item needed in creating those weapons is a murdered meta... I am pretty sure mass producing them would bring about a fairly aggressive response from the law enforcement.

I did find a way to convince my GM to allow me to design and create a pair of swords, 200k later (after the fee for some wet work for my Yakuza contacts) I have two weapons (he limited them to force 4) that will give an addiction to them for every four living metas or spirits killed with the weapons. Great bonus and helps the Street Sam take on a spirit, but the cost was high and there is only so many people you can do wet work on before someone figures out just how evil you are being.

Oh and the threshold to design them was in the mid 60's..... The wait time on the reagents was a few months and the crafting took almost as long.

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <12-14-12/1806:02> »
And then there's the crossbow rigged to launch devil rats. ;) for all your ranged spirit dispatching needs.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #66 on: <12-17-12/2304:54> »
I shudder at the idea of min maxers figuring out how to replicate the Arseplomancer in SR.

You may not want to click this link. It is a 4chan archive link. If you don't know what that means, well, you will soon.

-k
« Last Edit: <12-17-12/2322:31> by KarmaInferno »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #67 on: <12-17-12/2316:17> »
Hehe. That actually sounds like a fun challenge. One of these days when I'm at work, I'll give it a go.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters