NEWS

Initiative Augmentation Options

• 70 Replies

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <01-12-16/1240:20> »
Probably get them confused cause theres a drug with a street name numb that does something else

FasterN8

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • Err on the side of awesome.
« Reply #61 on: <01-18-16/2300:50> »
meh if its one of those games I just take the +2d6 init booster then a dose of jazz
Drugs no longer implicitly stack with everything, per Chrome Flesh.

Whiskeyjack,
     I was rereading this thread and your comment caught my eye.  Would you mind pointing out where that was in Chrome Flesh?  I'd definitely like to see some of the stacking stuff cleared up. 

Thanks

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <01-19-16/0817:50> »
Sure, I can get that after work - currently AFB
Playability > verisimilitude.

FasterN8

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • Err on the side of awesome.
« Reply #63 on: <01-19-16/0930:57> »
Sweet. Thanks!

odd

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <01-19-16/0943:23> »
Sure, I can get that after work - currently AFB

I got your back Whiskeyjack.

On page 181 of Chrome flesh, under blood of Kali it says to remember your scores can't go above your augmented max.  I thought it was listed more clearly somewhere else too, but couldn't find it.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #65 on: <01-19-16/0946:45> »
On page 181 of Chrome flesh, under blood of Kali it says to remember your scores can't go above your augmented max.  I thought it was listed more clearly somewhere else too, but couldn't find it.
Nope. That's it. However, it's in very clear language, so there's that!

The only thing that it leaves kind of vague for me is whether drug initiative dice stack to +5d6. I'd assume so, but you never know.

Also ... do drugs that give you additional initiative dice translate to Astral/Matrix? I haven't seen anything to state otherwise, but I never really thought about it.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <01-19-16/0949:59> »
Also ... do drugs that give you additional initiative dice translate to Astral/Matrix? I haven't seen anything to state otherwise, but I never really thought about it.

Unless something specifically says it adds to Astral or Matrix initiative they don't.  But I don't see why such a thing couldn't exist.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <01-19-16/0951:37> »
Last I checked, Chrome Flesh only contains the mention about Augmented Maximums in the K-10 entry as odd points out.

This is mirrored in the Missions FAQ about what counts as an augmentation.
Quote from: Missions FAQ p. 28
Can you clarify what constitutes an Augmented Attribute?
Yes. Anything that increases an attribute above its natural, base score is considered an Augmentation. This includes cyberware, bioware, magic, adept powers, drugs, and anything else that adds to your attribute. In all cases, the limit of +4 remains in place unless a power or ability specifically says it breaks that cap.

Neither of these specifically disallow augmentation stacking, though this is partially covered by the specific rules for augmented attributes and certain pieces of equipment/consumables/gear.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <01-19-16/0952:09> »
There is the accelerator drug in Lockdown that explicitly say it is usually used to improve existing enhancements, so I'd say yes, drugs are the way to get 5d6 to ini.
They won't improve ini beyond AR for matrix users. That one is entirely dependent on the hardware used.
For Astral I really can only guess. Maybe if it's an awakened drug...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #69 on: <01-19-16/1420:06> »
Unless something specifically says it adds to Astral or Matrix initiative they don't.  But I don't see why such a thing couldn't exist.
Nothing specifically says it adds to meat initiative either, right? It only says that it adds Initiative and Initiative Dice, not where they apply. Where does it say that the default is meatspace?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <01-19-16/1520:16> »
IIRC the initiative section doesn't stick an adjective on the front of meat space initiative.  So if you really need a mechanical definition "Initiative" is the physical kind.  "Astral Initiative" and "Matrix Initiative" are separate stats.