NEWS

Best Machine gun/cannon for Steel Lynx (no launchers)

• 65 Replies

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <01-13-15/0548:25> »
The Thunderstruck's cost will reach 30.000 nuyen if you put the extras of AM-47 on it.Well, I guess weapons mounted on drones don't really need a commlink anyway :P

Source for the FB-Bumblebee drone?Must check it out.Since our rigger mostly uses flying drones(flyng eyes+rotordrones) she would welcome such an adition.Apart from the heavy weapon mount is it any better  than rotordrones?

« Last Edit: <01-13-15/0552:07> by Sabato Kuroi »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <01-13-15/0555:02> »
It's in "nothing special", stat page is free.
Yeah, miles heavier armour than rotodrone and comes stock with a stoner m202 machine gun. About 24k iirc
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Thefurmonger

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <01-13-15/0617:41> »
do you have a link to the "nothing special" page?

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <01-13-15/0624:05> »
@Csjarrat
Thanks for the info!Is there any art for Bumblebee?

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <01-13-15/0628:27> »
It seems to be "Nothing Personal". There is a link in this thread : http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17708.15

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #35 on: <01-13-15/0711:37> »
Jeez, memory failing me and I'm not quite 30 lol. That is indeed the one
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #36 on: <01-13-15/2123:35> »
... seriously, someone's getting pedantic about whether or not a drone-mounted weapon has to reload?  Think about this for a minute - it carries 250 rounds of ammo, but it has to take a minute to switch out the magazine???

If you insist, then the 250 rounds becomes its clip.  It's a very extended clip, but it's essentially fed the same route; it does not 'gain belt-fed' as a feeder mechanism, because belt-feed is simply a way to make a very rapidly-firing weapon have both feeder and ejector ports externally-fed.  LMGs, after all, can be (and are!) fed from both simple and box magazines as well as belt-feed.

As the cost of a belt of ammunition is merely the standard cost of that ammunition increased to that number of rounds, the only real difference is whether or not the availability increases due to its being in an actual belt.

The question in the Missions FAQ should therefore be converted, for honesty's sake, to 'how is a drone's internal ammo bin handled in the case of non-belt-fed weapons?'  And the answer is going to essentially be 'the ammo bin becomes equivalent to a very extended form of the weapon's standard feed type' - though I can't imagine anyone being so much of an idiot as to convert a revolver.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #37 on: <01-13-15/2134:39> »
... seriously, someone's getting pedantic about whether or not a drone-mounted weapon has to reload?  Think about this for a minute - it carries 250 rounds of ammo, but it has to take a minute to switch out the magazine???

If you insist, then the 250 rounds becomes its clip.  It's a very extended clip, but it's essentially fed the same route; it does not 'gain belt-fed' as a feeder mechanism, because belt-feed is simply a way to make a very rapidly-firing weapon have both feeder and ejector ports externally-fed.  LMGs, after all, can be (and are!) fed from both simple and box magazines as well as belt-feed.

As the cost of a belt of ammunition is merely the standard cost of that ammunition increased to that number of rounds, the only real difference is whether or not the availability increases due to its being in an actual belt.

The question in the Missions FAQ should therefore be converted, for honesty's sake, to 'how is a drone's internal ammo bin handled in the case of non-belt-fed weapons?'  And the answer is going to essentially be 'the ammo bin becomes equivalent to a very extended form of the weapon's standard feed type' - though I can't imagine anyone being so much of an idiot as to convert a revolver.

Thank you.  I've tried saying that in arguments like this before, but it never seems to get through. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <01-13-15/2223:48> »

For the most part I agree completely. The question still warrants an answer, however, and I'd encourage you to post your phrasing of the question if only to demonstrate that it is indeed a question that could use clarification.

And yes, the revolver might be a silly item to use in a drone, but it's a valid option for a weapon mount. It doesn't make much sense, but that's why the question could use answering.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <01-13-15/2243:57> »
While it's hardly a proper answer, I'd suggest using Pilot for any attribute required during reloading. We do have the existing example of Gunnery (aka [Weapon]: Targeting) & Agility / Logic / Pilot to draw conclusions from.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #40 on: <01-13-15/2309:46> »
Since our rigger is specialized in ballistic weapons she needs a good heavy weapon for her Steel Lynx
There is no availiability issue, she is not a starting character (though her ability to actually get her hands on weapons with really high availiability is another matter)

The Lynx has a decent ammount of recoil compensation but she has somewhere around 15-16 dicepool while jumped in and I don't know if she can handle full auto.

ArmTech MGL-12..........  Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #41 on: <01-13-15/2315:28> »

(Clipped)

For the most part I agree completely. The question still warrants an answer, however, and I'd encourage you to post your phrasing of the question if only to demonstrate that it is indeed a question that could use clarification.

And yes, the revolver might be a silly item to use in a drone, but it's a valid option for a weapon mount. It doesn't make much sense, but that's why the question could use answering.
[86.43 Mp deleted by SysOp due to ranting]

I would not - ever - ask that question, because in my mind it's something that doesn't need answering; it is answered perfectly well by implication and the simple, basic application of common sense in reading the rules - the question does not warrant an answer, because it is, to me, a stupid bloody question.  "The drone can load 250 rounds for each weapon X-sized or smaller."  Nothing about loading modes for anything, anything at all - which reads to me that it doesn't HAVE any sort of requirement to load - all 250 rounds are available to the weapon, and can be fired in whatever firing mode the weapon can use, without needing recourse to reloading at all.  You reload the weapon by swapping out its fragging ammo bid.

In my mind - and hopefully you won't take this the way purvue-who-became-Malevolence did - in my mind, requiring an answer to a question like this is sheer pedantic idiocy; there is such a thing as reading the book too closely.  It's like absolutely requiring someone to take 'Armand' as a contact for 'lightly-used armor'; used armor is going to be available through any contact the GM - or hell, even the players!! - say sell used-but-still-functional armor, and so the GM can use the 'lightly-used' rules that Armand is an example for for the armor provided by the home game's contact.  There doesn't need to be line-by-line specification of X and Y, or clarification for every possible variable for a rule or a combination of rules.

That, my dear man, is what the Master of the Games is for.
« Last Edit: <01-13-15/2318:22> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <01-14-15/0000:10> »

(Clipped)

[86.43 Mp deleted by SysOp due to ranting]

I would not - ever - ask that question, because in my mind it's something that doesn't need answering; it is answered perfectly well by implication and the simple, basic application of common sense in reading the rules - the question does not warrant an answer, because it is, to me, a stupid bloody question.  "The drone can load 250 rounds for each weapon X-sized or smaller."  Nothing about loading modes for anything, anything at all - which reads to me that it doesn't HAVE any sort of requirement to load - all 250 rounds are available to the weapon, and can be fired in whatever firing mode the weapon can use, without needing recourse to reloading at all.  You reload the weapon by swapping out its fragging ammo bid.

In my mind - and hopefully you won't take this the way purvue-who-became-Malevolence did - in my mind, requiring an answer to a question like this is sheer pedantic idiocy; there is such a thing as reading the book too closely.  It's like absolutely requiring someone to take 'Armand' as a contact for 'lightly-used armor'; used armor is going to be available through any contact the GM - or hell, even the players!! - say sell used-but-still-functional armor, and so the GM can use the 'lightly-used' rules that Armand is an example for for the armor provided by the home game's contact.  There doesn't need to be line-by-line specification of X and Y, or clarification for every possible variable for a rule or a combination of rules.

That, my dear man, is what the Master of the Games is for.
And I don't think clearly defined rules, nor a little civility, is too much to ask for.

I get that you think it's a "stupid bloody question"; that doesn't change the fact that its a topic that's been raised multiple times.

And that, my dear man, is all I have to say on the matter. Good day.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <01-14-15/0110:06> »
Then go by the following:
Drones don't reload. If their 250 ammo is gone, they have to be reloaded, like replacing the belt/clip/whatever. That's why they go with so much ammo capacity, to minimize the chance of them running out of ammo infight and becoming a sitting duck.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #44 on: <01-14-15/0133:56> »
Personally, i see it as the weapon has access to 250 rounds of ammunition without reloading.  However, there is clearly enough ambiguity on this matter that it spawns a LOT of threads.  And none of the threads are ever fully resolved to the general satisfaction of those involved.  Inevitably the threads devolve into name calling and get locked down.  I think Wyrm is right in his interpretation, but I also think Brackhaus is right to ask the question in the Missions FAQ.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.