NEWS

Gear you'l never have no matter how badly you want it...

• 67 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-15-13/1514:08> »
Yeah. Even the cheapest T-bird, which is supposed to be a favorite among smugglers, is out of reach to runners. Due to its high cost. Unless you’re playing with the “characters can spend any number of points on Nuyen” house rule.

Not to mention being given a metric ass-ton of points so one can have that T-bird and the skills and attributes to be a decent, well-rounded character otherwise.

Now I want to see a 900 BP game with that house rule in effect....
You're flying a 2'084'775 Nuyen stealth VTOL in one game!

Yeah, but with that point level, it might be close to that as personally owned :)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

deathbat21

• Newb
  • Manabolt is the universal solution. Not duct tape.
« Reply #16 on: <05-15-13/1533:22> »
Anyone who flips through the rule books knows that there's a lot of cool gear, most of it for the GMs to throw at stupid runners who think they can go Pink Mohawk on the UCAS military. So of it is potentially useful, but with the cheapest helicopter still being more than 200,000 NU and a permanent middle class lifestyle costing less than most of them you know you'll never have the money to get one. Steeling one is generally a bad option because odds are anyone who has one also has the means to track you down and kill you. So, What gear have you been eying but will never get?

My top five...

1. BAE CENTURION
2. GMC “HARPY SCOUT”
3. DASSAULT PAYNAL
4. Cascade Skraacha (LAV)
5. Just about any submarine
  My buddy had 3 of those top 5. God knows how, but he did at one point.
User and abuser of Manabolts. All of them. O.o

ShockWave

• Newb
  • Live Fast
« Reply #17 on: <05-15-13/1536:45> »
Yeah. Even the cheapest T-bird, which is supposed to be a favorite among smugglers, is out of reach to runners. Due to its high cost. Unless you’re playing with the “characters can spend any number of points on Nuyen” house rule.

Not to mention being given a metric ass-ton of points so one can have that T-bird and the skills and attributes to be a decent, well-rounded character otherwise.

Now I want to see a 900 BP game with that house rule in effect....
You're flying a 2'084'775 Nuyen stealth VTOL in one game!

Yeah, but with that point level, it might be close to that as personally owned :)

Actually the Cascade Skraacha LAV is doable using the Arsenal rules for Used Vehicles, the “characters can spend any number of points on Nuyen” house rule, and Restricted Gear 1.

It becomes 16F and only costs 380,000 Nuyen after a 20% discount. That leaves 324 BP for character creation.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #18 on: <05-15-13/2014:27> »
  • 1) Boeing Unicorn
    • 1A), ordnance for Boing Unicorn

I totally would want to see a vehicular weapon system named the "Boing Unicorn".

-k
« Last Edit: <05-15-13/2023:37> by KarmaInferno »

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #19 on: <05-15-13/2021:51> »
I want:
The cruise ship from Deadly Waves or the Hensley Class Destroyer to be my pirate base.
And the F-B Woodstock or Aztec Halcon.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

DamienHollow

« Reply #20 on: <05-15-13/2028:38> »
Why is there so much stuff the fluf says we should use regualerly and yet no one can ever afford? Poor communication between developers?"

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #21 on: <05-15-13/2219:55> »
I think they mean well financed syndicates or cells. Perhaps we aren't going to enough sign ups hosted by Jack Sparrow for his pirate crews?
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

DamienHollow

« Reply #22 on: <05-15-13/2303:11> »
I just don't get why there's so much gear that just isn't a realistic option or even something runners would ever run into. Seriously, if i run into half the stuff in Mil Tech Spec 1 or 2 then odds are I'm either GTFO or about to learn first hand the difference between chunky salsa and picate sauce.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #23 on: <05-15-13/2307:44> »
Well, allot if it are things that corps use, the other bit is that people like me run military games.

DamienHollow

« Reply #24 on: <05-15-13/2308:50> »
So it's stuff you get issued if your running in Bogota for a AAA, got it.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #25 on: <05-15-13/2317:33> »
Ask A4BG how close to bogota he is currently, and who he's working for.

DamienHollow

« Reply #26 on: <05-15-13/2328:31> »
Ask A4BG how close to bogota he is currently, and who he's working for.

Alright Guns, you heard the man. How close are you and who do you work for?

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-15-13/2329:16> »
Sure or a one off run where you just want the players to have chance to play with some fun toys. We recently finished one of the Dawn of Artifacts adventures and we spent half our time zipping around the countryside in a panzer/thunderbird. Sure we didn't own the thing, but if we got in a scrap we had stats for it. So they show up but I don't think most of it is intended for a 'typical' shadowrun. Aryeonos apparently runs campaigns based on the other use for these things, military/merc type campaigns. Just think of it as adding versatility to the game.

DamienHollow

« Reply #28 on: <05-15-13/2332:28> »
I don't mind it being there, I just never get to play a real game with it. Hell, i'd be happy if i could lay my hands on one helicopter and not have it be a autogyro. A bloody Huey would work.

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <05-15-13/2335:19> »
Don't get me started on that stupid autogyro. Why they changed that vehicle from helicopter to autogyro I'll never know. But the Nissan Hound is almost doable for a helicopter.