NEWS

Trouble identifying the connection of some NPCs

• 2 Replies

theclaw

• Newb
« on: <09-16-19/1809:50> »
Hi

What connection level would you give to Ellen Ward (VP of KE for Seattle) ?

Thanks guys

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-19/1835:29> »
You've got a yardstick on what sort of power should correlate to what kind of Connection rating on pg 387 in 5e and pg 51 in 6we.  Either way I'd say a Number Two for a megacorp's sprawl operation could potentially rate in the 6-to-9 range.

Of course you also need to take the context of your campaign into consideration as well.  If you're playing Organized Play, contacts with rating 6 are few and far between, and higher than that all but unheard of. If the rest of the contacts in your campaign are 3s to 4s, a 5 would feel like a major asset.  Remember the importance of Connection (it's basically the stat you almost always use) so it's imo better to err on the low side than the high side.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

theclaw

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-17-19/0259:08> »
You've got a yardstick on what sort of power should correlate to what kind of Connection rating on pg 387 in 5e and pg 51 in 6we.  Either way I'd say a Number Two for a megacorp's sprawl operation could potentially rate in the 6-to-9 range.

Of course you also need to take the context of your campaign into consideration as well.  If you're playing Organized Play, contacts with rating 6 are few and far between, and higher than that all but unheard of. If the rest of the contacts in your campaign are 3s to 4s, a 5 would feel like a major asset.  Remember the importance of Connection (it's basically the stat you almost always use) so it's imo better to err on the low side than the high side.

Thanks

My player's PC has Friends in High places so he has other contacts with a high connection, but he placed this one at 6. It seems to fit the pattern but at the same level the table mentions a mayor of a city/sprawl. We're playing in Seattle, I don't think the mayor of Seattle is only 6. And the chief of police usually reports to the mayor, am I right ?

However 6 seems ok for Ellen Ward, just want be sure :)
« Last Edit: <09-17-19/0348:03> by theclaw »