NEWS

Hiddely Ho Neighbourinos

• 2 Replies

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« on: <01-06-14/0742:51> »
Hello All,

I've just signed up (after too many debates about interpretations of the rules etc) and bombarded your rules section with a few hot topics :)

But thought id off-topic introduce myself.

I live in the Midlands of England, UK. Been Role Playing since I was crazy young – I am now moderately crazy old.

Played pretty much every system under the sun now, with my stand out favourites being Pathfinder/AD&D3.5, Rifts Japan, Vampire/Mage, SLA Industries, Underground and of course Shadowrun.

Play with a great bunch of guys and gals every Sunday for around 6-8 hours – last nights went on to 2am – eek!

Never GM’ed Shadowrun before, so having a few headaches – whilst trying to simultaneously keep everyone happy… which is hard with Deckers wanting to Hack every thing (and thus starting a separate situation/combat)

But loving it so far, got a CyberPunk feel to it – but with everything making more sense. I get bored of Pathfinder (last system played) as people continually rolling the wrong dice etc gets boring! Haha

So D6/D10 systems I think are just quicker/easier for everyone to get into.

Would love to get some custom Shadowrun dice made (I see pictures on Google) but cant seem to find a UK place that does it – or a US place that doesn’t pull your pants down on price.

Shadowrun Official seem to do special editions and put them out at gaming conventions, but in all my years – I don’t think I've ever heard of any cool Role-Play conventions in England…

If anyone knows of any – then by all means let me know!!

But hello, ill have a read of some old topics to try and build my knowledge base – and look forward to joining in where I can.
Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-06-14/1257:13> »
Welcome aboard. ;D

Regarding your comments about dice, there are some dice to be included in one of the upcoming box sets due in April...not sure if they have been "customized". You might also want to check out Pegasus Press (German license holder) as they put out a pretty nice set of dice for SR4.

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #2 on: <01-06-14/1600:14> »
check out Pegasus Press (German license holder) as they put out a pretty nice set of dice for SR4.

Found them (I think) earlier. Brought out, what looks like a tabacco tin dice set, but although I can find the listing everywhere - cant find it in stock anywhere.
Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.