Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

AI and the brain

(1/3) > >>

gruegirl:
This is a random idea for a character concept.

I want to play an AI character who is currently residing in the body of a heavily cyberware'd out metahuman hacker who happens to be brain-dead. Basically using the body as a meat-puppet to interact with the world but I can still leave it and do AI-y things.

My thinking is that so long as the body has the right cyberware this shouldn't be a problem. Wired reflexes, an internal commlink, and some type of cyberware device to regulate the autonomous functions of the body at the bare minimum. I wanna know what you guys think.

FastJack:
Hmm... You might want to check out Augmentation, the sourcebook for all things cyber (and bio, and gene, and nano). They have rules in there for full on "brain-in-a-jar" Cyborgs that may meet your needs better than a 'wared corpse.

LFG:
Sim rig and sim module along with the stuff you listed.  Plus, how would the body be kept alive? Neat idea though.  Will check back on thread.

The_Gun_Nut:
Ooooo...this gives me an idea for a run!

My players will hate you, now.  Sorry about that.

Mooncrow:

--- Quote from: gruegirl on ---This is a random idea for a character concept.

I want to play an AI character who is currently residing in the body of a heavily cyberware'd out metahuman hacker who happens to be brain-dead. Basically using the body as a meat-puppet to interact with the world but I can still leave it and do AI-y things.

My thinking is that so long as the body has the right cyberware this shouldn't be a problem. Wired reflexes, an internal commlink, and some type of cyberware device to regulate the autonomous functions of the body at the bare minimum. I wanna know what you guys think.

--- End quote ---

There aren't really rules for doing this, not that your GM couldn't house rule it up.

It would probably be much easier though, just to take the Piloting Origin quality, and rig an Otomo with mimic rating 3 if you're just looking for a way to blend in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version