NEWS

[6E] PbP Recruitment & OoC

• 187 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <12-10-19/1209:47> »
@ZeroSum: don’t worry about the decker, Recall is on his digital way (use the re-worked Techno stats by Ajax https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=30450.msg529613#msg529613), that should keep you busy!  He’ll be here in round 3 so you might manage to brick the other weapons, but you’ve only seen the smartlinked ones, there are more! Oh for an astral scout :D

Re PM, I asked if you’ve managed to log on to RPG playroom yet or whether I need to chase Obi?

As an aside, I don’t seem to have any issues with Orokos, at least on my phone…?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #136 on: <12-10-19/1454:27> »
Confirmed that Orokos seems to be working again.

Now for me to actually look up the rules and make some roles for Tipperman.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <12-10-19/1732:51> »
I'll wait for Beta before I roll some shots for Omen
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #138 on: <12-10-19/1742:07> »
👍

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <12-10-19/1859:22> »
Assuming that the bikes started out 25m in front of the van, travelling at ~40km/hr (~33m/turn), and that the van starts reacting 250m out:
- T1 225m out, 33m/turn, 5 edge

perception: 7d6t5 2.  He does not see the ambush before Omen reacts.  Is he surprised?

surprise: 9d6t5 2.  Use 2 edge to add one to the roll of 4, taking it up to a success: total of 3 successes, no surprise. (down to 3 edge)

Init: init: 9+2d6 13  Should be higher than the gangers, so he'll act before being shot.  1 Major, 3 Minor actions.

The action to speed up or slow down a vehicle is not listed.  Going to assume that it is a minor, since free actions don't exist in 6th.  First minor action to slow by 5/m turn, from 33m/t to 28m/t, dropping him below the speed interval.

For his Major action Tipperman tries to turn tightly to get out of the range of the guns:  Control test, vs threshold of 3 control: 4d6t5 2 +1 die because not wounded +1d on control: 1d6t5 0, spend another 2 edge to buy up that four on the extra die to a 5, giving 3 successes.  He makes his U-turn.  (down to 1 edge)

Then the grunts get to shoot at him.  Assuming firing semi-automatic, at these ranges the ingrams are AR 4.   3 grunts with Ingrams adds +2 to attack rating (=6)  Tipperman has DR 6 (body)+1 (bone lining)+3(lined coat)+1 (Helmet) = 11.  He gets 2 edge from being shot at by the Ingrams.  Grunts dice pool goes to 7 dice from having 3 attackers.  They have 1 edge earned per Jack's post and will use it.  (edge 3)

ingram 1: 6d6t5 2 + ingram grunt+1: 1d6t5 0 + 1 edge re-roll 1 die ingram 1 edge re-roll: 1d6t5 0
 = 2 hits, no glitch
BUT Tipperman will use 2 edge to have the grunts re-roll their 2 successes (That this is allowed for 1 edge per die is boggling):  ingram re-roll success die: 2d6t5 1  So 1 success

dodge 1: 9d6t5 0

Grunts his with one net success, taking damage up to 6P

Soak with body 6 +2 (bone lacing) = 8
soak: 8d6t5 1  (Wow Orokos, I'm feeling the love .... )

He takes 5P, and is at -2 to all rolls. 

T2:  minor action to speed up to 44m/turn, moving 36 meters, getting back past the van and hopefully out of line of sight for shooting.

« Last Edit: <12-11-19/0958:51> by Beta »

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <12-10-19/2122:36> »
Wait, T2 he could use edge.  Not near rules now, but he has a full 7 edge (his base 5 plus two he got for being shot at).  He needs four on his control roll, and naturally rolled two.  I'm guessing there may be an option that would give him a shot at two more?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #141 on: <12-11-19/0253:28> »
Yes, don’t hoard edge in SR6, use it to gain it back!! You could have used it on your surprise roll even to get def... there are lots of edge options, don’t forget you can also get opponents to reroll D

And it may or may not make a big difference but the grunts should probably be grouped as SMGs and ARs and only roll 1 attack with bonus D...!?

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #142 on: <12-11-19/0744:41> »
Wait, you can't use edge if surprised,  but you can use edge on the surprise test itself?  That seems ... counter intuitive?   But sure, I could go back and start from there.

And I forgot to mention that I'd grouped the three Ingram users, giving 2 AR and 1 attack die (included in the rolls I made)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <12-11-19/0757:09> »
Hmmm... I had it in mind that there wouldn't be any surprise as 0Day spotted them in the matrix ahead of the encounter with enough time to warn you all... that seems to have been lost in the fog of pbp.  But good practice anyway.  As to edge on surprise, I think I'll have to go and re-read some rules! :D

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #144 on: <12-11-19/0903:58> »
Aria: a de-fogging effort:  Jack had Omen make a perception roll, and spotted the ambush from 250m out (before the matrix warning), and his post had the gangers shooting at the van as he assumed a defensive posture.  So I assumed that while they might have held fire until we were closer, once they saw the van stopping they opened fire.  (hence my notes about being 225m out, etc).  Had we been closer I was going to have Tipperman race ahead to try and get up against the back wall of the fire station, but too many rounds of being shot at from this range.

I was rushing last night, and looking back I see a few errors in my post:

1) I skipped a step -- while he failed the perception test that Omen succeeded at, and didn't notice the gangers at 250m out like Omen did, I then stated that he was surprised, without actually making a surprise roll.

2) While he couldn't use edge in T1 after being surprised, he could have used it in Perception, the missing surprise test, or during T2 to hopefully keep control or avoid being hit again.

So I'm going to go back and re-work that post.  Keeping existing rolls as they apply but adding in the Surprise roll then possibly adding in edge use later on.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #145 on: <12-11-19/0914:32> »
Cool! I can see not using edge if surprised but it seems to my mind completely reasonable to use edge to avoid being surprised in the first place... particularly in SR where standing around with a vacant expression is a sure way to short lifespan!!

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #146 on: <12-11-19/1058:26> »
OK, the OOC post a few above this with all the rolls has been updated, and now the IC has as well.  In summary, he takes 5P damage, but manages to turn around and ride back behind the van for cover.

Anyone got first aid or healing magic?  We can get to that part later potentially, and the threshold because of his 'ware is going to make any healing minimal, but still worth trying.

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #147 on: <12-11-19/1423:52> »
@Aria
I was able to log on to ROG Playroom, but couldn't see much activity anywhere or somewhere to post. Maybe I missed something?

@Beta
0day has medicine skill, and can do both first aid and medkit healing.

Should I roll up for T2 in the Matrix, since I go before the Gangers in initiative order? I might be able to take out some ARs and maybe even an SMG or two before T3.

EDIT:
I might as well just roll it up; since 0day is in VR he's not getting out of the van anyway, so you guys take out that Striker :)

Turn 2: Initiative doesn't change in SR6, but since I went hotsim last turn I've now got 1 Major and 4 Minor actions from having 15+3d6 Initiative.

Major Action: Data Spike
Data Spike: 14d6t5 6 1d6t5 0
2 Edge gained for having higher AR than opponents DR and for Analytical mind, but 2 per round is in effect so I've maxed out my Edge gain. Total of 5 up from 3. Wild Die result of 1 for the third time in a row, but don't need to spend any edge to change it as "only" 6 1s or 2s on 15 dice.

Defense: 2#4d6t5 2 0
That's 5 DV base, plus 4 net hits on the first rifle and 6 net hits on the second, for a total of 9 and 11 Matrix Damage resisted only by Firewall.

Matrix Damage Resist: 2#2d6t5 1 2
Ouch. 7 DV inflicted on the first and 9 DV on the second, enough to brick both guns with the damage from last turn.

Overwatch Score increases by 2 for illegal action modified by hacking program, and 3 from the defensive hits. Total of +4 so far, running total of 11.

Major Action: Data Spike
Spending 4 minor actions to take 1 major action as per page 107.
Data Spike: 14d6t5 4 1d6t5 1
Wild Die result of 5 is 3 extra hits, for a total of 7. I'll keep that since I'm not maxed out on Edge yet, and this might already blow right through their matrix defenses.

Defense: 2#4d6t5 1 1
6 net hits on both for a total DV of 11 each, resisted again solely by Firewall.

Defense: 2#2d6t5 0 1 (forgot to rename this to Matrix Damage Soak in Orokos, but the number of dice rolled is correct)
That's 11 and 10 DV inflicted on SMG #1 and #2 respectively, which will brick both. OS increases by another 3, for a total of 14.

Now let's pray Omen can take out that Striker before 0day ends up being BBQ'd alive inside the van. Hopefully they'll need a turn to reload, at least. I'll wait to post IC until after Dynamyt, the gangers, and Omen goes again, since the initiative order looks something like this if I've got it right:
26: Omen
25 26: 0day
13: Tipperman
??: Dynamyt and the Reapers (good name for a band!)

EDIT 2:
I forgot that Cyberjacks give +1 to Matrix Initiative, so my score is also 26. Since ties are done with ERIC, Omen probably goes first as 0day has Edge 5 but only Reaction 2.
« Last Edit: <12-11-19/1515:09> by ZeroSum »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <12-11-19/1513:31> »
Edge calculation is giving me a headache, someone please check my work:

Second round:
Major action to activate Attribute Boost AGI
AGI Boost: 7d6t5 2
Two rounds

Omen has gun in position, medium distance from target
He shoots an AK-97 in BF mode, reducing attack rating from 9 to 5, increasing damage from 5 to 7(8 because of Explosive Ammo)
The ganger's defense rating is also 5, so no edge gain
Second Major Action: Fire
Omen has AGI 5(7)+Firearms 6(8 Assault rifles)+1 Smartlink
Shoot: 16d6t5 4 [16d6t5=3, 3, 1, 1, 3, 4, 6, 3, 3, 4, 5, 2, 1, 2, 5, 6]
Making it 8+Net successes vs. the ganger:
Defense: 4d6t5 2
10 DV
Soak: Soak: 3d6t5 1
Ganger takes 9 Damage, has -3 to his next action but is still active
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #149 on: <12-11-19/1519:23> »
Edge calculation is giving me a headache, someone please check my work:
Looks right from where I'm sitting. No smartgun link or laser sight on the AK? Not that it would make a difference, I think, as you'd need to somehow increase AR by 4 to gain Edge.

EDIT:
Also, I forgot that the Matrix Initiative Bonus scales with Cyberjack Rating, and since 0day has a Rating 6 cyberjack his Matrix Initiative is actually +3, so he's at 28 IS.
« Last Edit: <12-11-19/1857:03> by ZeroSum »