NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

  • 686 Replies
  • 60663 Views

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #555 on: <02-25-17/1255:43> »
Yelena smiles and takes the 'link, making the connection. >>Hello?  Is Wanderer.  Wanderer hear that Sam is safe.  Is true?  Wanderer worried about friend.<<

She and Blackbird leave the cab and walk towards the  museum while she waits for the response.  She sends a message on her own 'link.  >>Virtual Goddess [Wanderer]:  When money available?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #556 on: <02-26-17/0216:33> »
Virtual Goddess replies, >>Cred in place, two hours.<<

And on it's heels the message from Marco's burner phone comes in. >>Codename:Wanderer; Codename:Silver Scorpion; Codename:Death Hand; Born Yelena Petrovna Talinovsky current Assassin with 55 confirmed kills, former Vory with 207 confirmed kills, Known Associate:Ghost confirmed dead, Known Associate:Hellfire confirmed dead; Known Associate:Hellrider reported dead. Bounty posted 3 hours ago on Hellriders killer for 550k cred makes all enemies and known associates of Hellrider suspect. Watch your back Wanderer, that kind of cred turns friends into bounty hunters. Sam says, "Good hunting."<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #557 on: <02-26-17/1303:41> »
Yelena lifts her head and sends a response to her fixer.  >>Virtual Goddess [Wanderer]:  Situation different.  Yelena need money worse than thought.  Will take contract if still available.  Say if still noon at park and contract still same price.  Confirming Wanderer pick up money at museum in two hours.<<

She also sends a note back on the burner.  >>Wanderer thank.  Can help friends or on own?  Is bounty for Wanderer or others too.<<

As they walk to the museum, Yelena reaches out to take one of Blackbird's hands in hers.  Once they get inside, she reboots her internal 'link and sets it to run silent.  They walk through the museum while she waits for the responses to her messages.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #558 on: <02-26-17/1319:50> »
Jed is grateful for the opportunity to stay out of the cold. Probably good if Arc rested too. How are you feeling. You looked a little pale earlier this morning. Are you coming down with something ?

Arc felt her cheeks flush a bit as she got settled in, having bid Yelena and Blackbird good luck and farewell...and promising that she would attempt to get a drone towards the museum once she confirmed their safety.  Sitting back on one of the beds, she sighed a bit to catch her breath, feeling much better now that there was a meal in her stomach.

She barely caught Jed's words as she snapped to reality, her greens blinking a couple times before she sat up.  "Ewha?"  She tilted her head a bit, before offering a slight reassuring smile, tapping her cheek.  "It's nothing I can't manage.  Remember I got shick on the way over too.  Think I jusht needed a bit, I'll be fine null shweat.  How you holding up, omae?"  Deflecting the question, she scooted back on the bed to give more space, hugging herself lightly after shrugging off her coat.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #559 on: <02-26-17/1401:23> »
As they walk about the museum, Yelena walks past the gift shop and picks up a map of the town and a new Meta 'link then goes to find a chair to sit in while she opens the packaging and unfolds the map.  The detail is not great, but it gives her a good idea of the building in the vicinity of the park and elsewhere.  She checks the sightlines to the north entrance of the park and looks for the best place to site herself and then the second best place.  Starting with these two spots, she examines the sightlines that would give her the best opportunity to observe the two best kill spots.  The map gives her choices and she carefully circles them on the map. 

She does the same with the alley behind the museum, looking to see where she would be if she was going to make that a kill zone then traces back to where she could observe the spots where she would fire from, circling those as well, but putting a small mark in the circle.

Done, she opens the packaging on the 'link and activates it.  >>Arc [Yelena]:  Srui.  Yelena think much danger.  When Arc get drones back?  Yelena need four eyes.  Arc have?  Sending coordinates to send eyes to wait and observe.  Details follow after visual check.<<

In Yelena's line of work, there is no such think as a coincidence, especially a large coincidence and she realizes that she is in a fight for her life and maybe her friend's lives as well.  She grins.  After all, there are few assassins that have survived in the hunt for as long as she has and she relishes the challenge of a new sort of game.  She has long been the hunter and now others hunt her and may the best killers win.  She looks up at Blackbird, seeming almost the most alive he has seen her in a while.  Her eyes scan him and she smiles as she holds up the map.  "Музей был приятный, но небольшая. Теперь я готов перейти в нескольких минутах ходьбы о городе. См.? Я circled некоторых мест я хотел бы взглянуть на. Ты со мной или вы слишком устают от ходьбы уже?"

[spoiler]The museum was nice, but a bit small.  I am now ready to go walking about town.  See?  I have circled some places I would like to look at.  Will you come with me or are you too tired from walking already?[/spoiler]
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #560 on: <02-26-17/1456:23> »
In his broken Russian Marco smiled at Yelena and said "Science is interesting... yes the one in the motherland is bigger but this is it... not a real museum just a tourist trap. I am all for walking in the snow.

Did I forget to mention that that we have the money to pay for transportation? Perhaps I just wanted to be around you longer a bit longer. I have some troubles in Italy - but no idea how to tackle them, so I need the wheels to continue spinning.  By the way, you behave just like the day I met the day I met you - calculating the best angels of fire and the best covers and escapes, I find it adorable."
« Last Edit: <02-26-17/1458:48> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #561 on: <02-26-17/1823:04> »
Yelena smiles at Blackbird as they walk along the streets.  The snow is a factor to be considered, but her primary concern is the sightlines to the various potential sniper locations.  She has to put herself in the panties of the person coming for her.  It would almost need to be someone that was already here or close, someone looking at the same problem but from the angle of killing her.  She needs to go two steps back from the kill zone to find that person.  Using the map and walking about, Yelena discounts three potential sniper pits as too exposed or not enough surety of a way out.  The person after her would have been given a briefing of some sort and would know that she specializes in long range sniper fire.  Finally, looking at the area from the ground, she spies the spot she would select if she was doing this.  She guides Blackbird to a small cafe and they order soycaf while examining the map again.  From what Yelena can see on the map, there are only two locations that would make sense to her as potential hides to kill the original sniper. 

She grins at her companion again and watches him drink his caf.  When done they continue their meandering tour of the town, allowing her to get a look at the possible tertiary sites and picking the one she will occupy.  Coincidentally, one of her sites will give her a good view of both secondary sites.  Although it gives a good shot to one secondary site, the range to the other is a bit long, but still within her capability.  She looks to Blackbird and says, "Мы должны перейти к см. Если Якоба вернулся с автомобилем, дорогие. Другие будут хочет оставить, если он располагает. Благодарю вас за приятной прогулки. Она была содержательной"

[spoiler]We should go see if Jakob has returned with the car, dear.  The others will be wanting to leave if he has.  Thank you for the nice walk.  It has been illuminating.[/spoiler]
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #562 on: <02-26-17/1833:25> »
Virtual Goddess replies, >>Contract on the original target gone.<<

As Yelena and Marco walk the foot traffic is what they would expect. Most people are on business, rushing from one location to the next without much thought towards their surroundings. The trid is full of news commentary on the effect a local terrorist attack has had on delaying the trains and it's expected effect on the hockey game scheduled tonight. The owner of the team is going on record to say that he will not allow terrorists to dictate to the team and is even now arranging alternate transportation. Yelena and Marco don't attract any more attention than the other tourists.
« Last Edit: <02-26-17/1836:30> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SmilinIrish

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 765
« Reply #563 on: <02-27-17/0147:35> »
Jed nodded at Arc's explanation.  The cold sapped my strength more than I expected.  Starting to get my legs back.  I'll be happy once we are back on the way home. 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #564 on: <02-27-17/1022:01> »
The younger human gave an affirming nod, offering a tusky grin at the older man's sentiment.  "You and me both, chummah.  Thought of home...basically that'sh keepin' me going, ya feel?"  she paused, the message from their counterparts coming in as she respond promptly.

<<@Y: Stand by.  Will let you know when I have eyes with you.  Be safe.>>

Double checking the status of her toys, she sighed and leaned back on the headrest, one hand on her forehead and the other resting on her middle.

"Vut naray'ya.  Our friends anticipate trouble doing the pickup.  We may need that ride sooner than later.  How much it gon be?"

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #565 on: <02-27-17/1502:53> »
As the two hour drop time approaches Yelena still needs to get eyes on her sniper points. As she had expected visibility on those lines of fire was very poor from the ground. She needed the flyspies, or her own eyes on those spots. There were definitely other buildings that she could access to give her those lines of sight. But, most of them were government offices and had built in security to keep people from their roofs.

Marco sees Velenkoradi preening himself atop a nearby bench and hears, Your human places have variety. This towns mana flow is very different.

@ Arc The drones check out. At least as far as Arc can tell.

Jed's comm chirps, >>Passage can be arranged for tonight if cred transferred.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #566 on: <02-27-17/1600:11> »
Marco thinks at Velenkoradi "Different how?"

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #567 on: <02-27-17/1657:52> »
Even with the all clear apparent, Arc was uneasy about using her drones further, knowing they had recently been targets for hacking.  Even with her repeated reboots into silent mode, she couldn't tell in the datastream if there was a foreign presence in them.  It was here that the rigger came to appreciate the cybersecurity skills possessed by those like the little Firefly, and she mentally cursed at her uncertainty.

But, she had a job to do.  So, feeding her paranoia, Arc did one last silent reboot of each Flyspy before sending them into town, taking one to the post office as a red herring whilst the other went to Yelena's and Blackbird''s locale.

<<sending eyes.  Hope it helps>>  following the elf's lead, Arc nodded to Jed, sharing the image feed with him as well.  "They boutta hit the drop.  Mebbe yo eyes shee better than min..."

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #568 on: <02-27-17/2002:16> »
Velenkoradi looks at Marco expectantly. Though their time together had been brief, Marco was already familiar with the spirits body language, and right now it clearly was saying, "Feed me."

The little drones take off without a hitch and soon they are sending images back to Arc. Once they get to the museum Yelena's coordinates are checked and there, well hidden in a shadowed overhang is a prone sniper.
« Last Edit: <02-28-17/1230:51> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #569 on: <02-28-17/0031:20> »
Marco gladly tosses  the peanut candy treat toward the bird spirit that enjoys picking them out of the thin air. "Why does he keep eating... he is not like other spirits this one."  he thinks.