NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #525 on: <02-15-17/2346:11> »
Yelena looks closely at Blackbird then nods and shrugs her shoulders.  >>Virtual Goddess [Wanderer]:  Wanderer cannot take contract.  But Wanderer does need the money from the bounties.  Can expedite for a fee?<<

"Yelena cancel contract.  Yelena not do if others do not.  Yelena ask contact to expedite payment for Tsina Molovna.  Not have 20000 on hand just now..  When need it?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Qwikfix

« Reply #526 on: <02-15-17/2350:45> »
The human practically bounced in her seat as her drones starred pinging in with their statuses...they were fine.  Her eyes visibly wide, she was mentally going into action in response to this news, her breath held for the next several seconds.

Immediately Arc programmed a reboot into silent mode, to throw off any potential marks she had.  Once they were in silent, she engaged their stealth systems to work an erratic trajectory, eventually leading to near where she was.  Lastly, she instructed them to check their surroundings for any potential pursuit, and alert her if so.

With an exhale, the rigger came back to reality.  "Drones'rea good.  Bringing them here..safely.  huu.  Now then...uh..."  Arc's stomach interrupted her as it gave a growl, leaving her with a funny expression as her cheeks took on a bit of a greenish pallor. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #527 on: <02-16-17/0027:17> »
Yelena hooks a toe about a small trash bin and slides it over to Arc. "Srui use.  Not get on clothes.  Is good news about drones.  They help us get out when leave."

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #528 on: <02-16-17/0828:16> »
Responding to the message Jed transmits Yelena's question.    We do not need security for protection, we are capable.  No politics involved.  What are your procedures RE deposits payments etc?
« Last Edit: <02-16-17/0830:08> by SmilinIrish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Qwikfix

« Reply #529 on: <02-16-17/0926:13> »
Arc nodded sheepishly as she grabbed the can with both hands, bringing it over to her face as she turned away from the group.  A few muffled, restrained dry heaves later she seemed to be done, setting the can down and turning back to the others.

"Yeah shorry.  I jusht need a bite, I'm cool.  Ua...aught I'm here."  she offered a faint smile, her hands still shaking a little.  "Sho we ain't doing a job. Aight, if that how it be.  What's the next shtep?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #530 on: <02-16-17/0954:34> »
Yelena gives Arc a comforting nod then looks around. "We get warm here.  Wash and dry clothes.  Need food.  Let PI man contact say when pick us up.  If long wait, send Blackbird to buy food.  He knows language and can disguise.  We wait."  She looks around at her friends.  "Is OK with all?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #531 on: <02-16-17/1140:59> »
Virtual Goddess replies, >>I will arrange for a clean credstick. Fee is 10%. Name the location for a dead drop and I can have it there by noon your time.<< This is the first time Virtual Goddess has ever advanced a payment for a hit.

@ Arc  The fly-spies accept the commands and begin following Arc's instructions. And suddenly hunger kicks in like a knife. She needs to eat, and she needs to eat now.

@ Jed >>You can send the cred to account sdrrt23978!!5gh621 using Fargo-Chase. Half-upfront. Once I receive confirmation I'll arrange a pick-up.<<

A woman carrying several baskets of clothes comes into the laundromat. When she sees them she frowns and takes the machines on the far side of the laundromat from them.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Qwikfix

« Reply #532 on: <02-16-17/1841:50> »
Arc raised a brow at the appearance of the woman with laundry,making no direct eye contact.  Instead, an intake of breath alerted the others to keep their voices down...and for the sharp pangs that greeted her stomach, an intake of breath she would immediately regret.

Wincing, the human held her side as she leaned forward, chewing her lip with a pained expression as she fumbled through her pockets.  One last soytein bar made its appearance...nowhere near enough, but it would have to do.  Tearing into the morsel, she made quick work of it before letting her breath out.

"Huu...frag it I can pay for the grub, but let'sh do it soon, ya feel???"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #533 on: <02-16-17/2137:40> »
@ Marco A message appears for Marco on a comm he hadn't wanted to take. But Shadowdancer had insisted and the events of the past 48hrs hadn't given Marco any place to ditch it safely, and now a message from someone Marco most adamantly did NOT want in his life appeared. >>Extraction successful. Our mutual friend is safe.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #534 on: <02-17-17/0006:06> »
Yelena looks at the new woman and nods, pointing at the washer. "Доброе утро. Есть поблизости место для получения кофе? Мы проходим и подумал сделать наши услуги прачечной, чем кто-либо другой здесь для машин."

She turns to Blackbird. "Возможно вы должны перейти в разделе о получении некоторых продуктов питания? Ваших бедных жена выглядит для голодающих и неудивительно, бедных вещь"

[spoiler]Good morning.  Is there a nearby place to get coffee?  We are passing through and thought to do our laundry before anyone else got here for the machines. 

Perhaps you should go see about getting some food?  Your poor wife looks to be starving and no wonder, poor thing.[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #535 on: <02-17-17/1515:55> »
It took Marco less than a few minutes to change his face. Make the nose stick a bit, the ears a little  pointier - too pointy...  Like fake elf ears.  Not the same guy as before - and once in the laundromat he finished with a some cosmetics. Something to bring out his eyes. He looked few times in his little mirror until he was satisfied. "I look like  a poser... but not a shadowrunner. Strange that I need disguise to look like an elf..."  He gave the weapon to Arc, he did not need it anymore.

[spoiler]
Disguise: 7d6t5 3
He'll augment his disguise with the body language and way of speaking of a metrosexual elf poser  teenager. (how ever they are going to speak so far into the future... ;) )   
Impersonate: 15d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

Marco tossed Yelena SkipperTM Velenkoradi was crazy about that stuff and his entire bag was full of that annoying peanut flavored candy.  He then tossed one for Arc and Jed as well.  In so so russian he said: Конечно, дорогая, что-нибудь для вас.    (whatever you say darling.)
He gave her a quick kiss, nothing passionate, more of a ritual than a proper kiss, and headed out, carrying his bag.

He headed up to the streets, looking for some coffee shop or a restaurant.  Then the link he almost forgot he had buzzed:  >>Extraction successful. Our mutual friend is safe.<<
He texted back >> This is good for mr. Friend - Kisses. he turned off the link immediately afterwards. Marco felt something that he had not felt in a very long time, he was angry.  "Perhaps I did like her more than I cared to admit, or perhaps my ego is larger than I like to admit." he thought as he browsed the streets.

« Last Edit: <02-17-17/1517:59> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #536 on: <02-17-17/2059:04> »
It didn't take long for Marco to find the Polish equivalent of a Stuffer Shack, quite misleadingly named, "Good Eats". The smell of burning soy and old oil greeted his nostrils as he went in and a young woman was berating a teen for letting the soycaf pot burn. The people ahead of him in line were fidgeting in impatience and by the time Marco got to the front of the line to give his order the clerk was so harassed and hurried she didn't even give him a glance.
« Last Edit: <02-18-17/2140:50> by ismilealot »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #537 on: <02-18-17/0521:18> »
Marco takes his order feeling a bit sorry for the poor cleark. He did not comment her when she got one of the Soycaffs wrong. Vanilla coffee did not sound THAT bad and perhaps Marco miss pronaunced it. He returned with some food to the rest of the group.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #538 on: <02-18-17/1458:46> »
Yelena blows a kiss to Blackbird as he leaves.  She turns to make sure that Arc is eating some of the candy and even offers some to the other woman in the laundromat, trying to strike up a small but pleasant conversation with her about the town.  She has already used the matrix map to find the location of the post office and the police station.  The former is just opposite the north entrance to the park and the latter is off to the south of the park.  The distance is not great, but the trees in the park might preclude any direct visual link between the two buildings.  But still, talking to the woman is designed to put her a bit more at ease and to try to gain some information that she cannot get from the map.

>>Virtual Goddess {Wanderer]:  I am looking into using the local post office for the drop.  It might be a coincidence, but it is located just at the north entrance to the park.  It might be interesting to observe the actions of another professional.  Unfortunately, my personal situation right now does not give me much opportunity to act independently and for the first time I have associates to consider.<<

She smiles at Blackbird when he returns with soycaf and food. "Благодарю Вас, уважаемый. Я был очень голоден. Не Якоба сообщить вам, когда он собирается вернуться в машину? Бедных меняется не чувство так хорошо."

She makes sure that Arc and Jed get some of the food and places a comforting hand on Jed's arm.

[spoiler]Thank you, dear.  I was very hungry.  Did Jakob tell you when he was going to come back with the car?  Poor Sliva is not feeling so well.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-18-17/1500:36> by Mercy Merchant »

Qwikfix

« Reply #539 on: <02-20-17/1915:40> »
As soon as Yelena started to speak to the woman, Arc came to her senses and shut her trap.  Her lack of speaking native she knew would cause problems, and it would be better to be silent in this case.  However, it did not stop her hunger pangs as she tore into the peanutty treat, enjoying the sweetness though longing for something of substance.

So when Blackbird returned with some food, she felt the promise of relief wash over her.  The human took one sniff at the food before digging in...it was different, but not unlike the quality she was used to at home.  Munching away, she checked on her drones and then their laundry, monitoring progress while the others also recuperated.