NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <07-10-16/1026:25> »
@ Yelena "Нет места для велосипедов. Просто оружие. Транспорт уходит 40 минут. Приходите, мы спешим." He steps to the side and points to the shadow he stepped out of.

[spoiler]No room for bicycles. Just weapon. Transport runs 40 minutes. Come, we are in a hurry.[/spoiler]
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <07-10-16/1255:41> »
Yelena looks at the man and says, "Что вы имеете в виду транспорта работает 40 минут? Вы что она примет 40 минут для меня, чтобы получить доступ к башмак или что мы оставим для Польши в 40 минут? Я группа для транспорта и они не готовы. Мне нужно будет сказать им прибыть сюда и они будут в ван. У вас есть место для парковки фургона и моя мотоцикла?"

[spoiler]What do you mean transport runs 40 minutes?  Are you saying it will take 40 minutes for me to get to the shoe or that we leave for Poland in 40 minutes?  I have a team to transport and they are not ready.  I will need to tell them to come here and they will be in a van.  Do you have a place to park the van and my motorcycle?

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #32 on: <07-10-16/1429:35> »
[Dec. 31, 2075, Evening, SE Redmond]

FInally some traffic clearing up...  Arc yawned as she raised her seat back up, taking a look at the passing traffic as her van zoomed down the road.  She was about to pull up to get her passengers when the text came in from Yelena.  She had been preparing for this...she knew it would happen, but the potential of leaving still made her blood run cold and mouth dry.  Recollecting herself, the mechanic put up a quick reply....

<<@Yelena: Copy that Srui.  Will be ready>>

<<@Tuskaloosa, Firefly: grab what gear you need.  Got a feeling we may need it.  I'm still en route>>

<<@Jed: Hoi, did you get Yelena's message?  I'm on the road right now, so if I need to pick you up, just hit me a locale, eh?>>

Sending those off, Arc retook manual control of the wheel, feeling her heart race a bit.  The feel of the wheel...it helped her calm down as she continued on her route...with new purpose, but she had to hold herself together....it was beginning....

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <07-11-16/1127:59> »
@ Yelena  Dog looks at her steadily, a frown crossing his face. "Обувь здесь. Транспорт здесь. Оставьте сорок минут или окно теряется в течение сорока восьми часов. Николай сказал, что вы были готовы. Возьмите велосипед и ван дополнительные деньги. Оставьте Я буду держать здесь." It was always like this, once orders to go finally arrived they were immediate. There was less chance of being followed or of notifying a contact of your whereabouts if you yourself had only been notified. But, more than that it had always been an attitude that you belonged to your bratva and they had the right to order you anywhere at any moment.

[spoiler]"Shoes here. Transport here. Leave forty minutes or a window is lost for forty-eight hours. Nicholas said that you were ready. Take a bike and van extra money. Leave I will keep here."[/spoiler]
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <07-11-16/1147:38> »
Yelena grimaces and sends a message to Arc and the rest of the team.  >>Team.  Is Yelena.  Man ready move us Poland now.  Come my location as soon as possible.  Man will watch bike and van.  Can come?  Srui bring Yelena weapons case if can.<<
« Last Edit: <07-11-16/1150:31> by Mercy Merchant »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #35 on: <07-12-16/0923:01> »
"Son of a slitch!"

The text, while not unexpected, still set Arc's adrenaline to where she nearly lost control of her vehicle.  But that was momentary.  Then her focus kicked in.  Gripping the wheel, she veered off the current street, heading to her garage, replying to the whole team.

<<Copy that, Srui.  I'll have it.  Everyone else, I'll be coming in hot, so ping me locations.  We will be there>>

It was moments before she came rolling up to her place, the parking brake barely set before she bounded out of the van.  Barely registering her companions, she flashed a smile and a Time to go, omaes!" before dashing inside.  Loading herself up with her gear and go bag, she threw the lot in the back of the van alongside Yelena's weapons case.

Just as quickly did she pile out was she back on the road, most of the team in tow...she remained pretty quiet, white knuckled in some anxiety as she tore down.  A quick pickup of their mage PI and then it was just a matter of arriving..if Yelena'a GPS ping held true...

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <07-12-16/1021:16> »
Yelena looks at the large man.  "Team come soon.  You watch motorcycle and van."  She goes to the bike and removes any personal items from the storage bins that she wishes to take, which includes her emergency change of clothes and some toiletry articles in a small bag.  She leaves the rest and locks the bins before giving the keys to the man.  Done, she places a hand on the mural again then leans against the wall to wait.  The time gives her a moment to consider how much she would have liked to have taken Marco to Moscow some day.  She shakes her head; she had tried to help him but he was too far gone and now she will be alone again.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <07-12-16/1213:56> »
Jed was sitting at a table playing Hold Em with Jim (or was it James?) Hector, and...what's-his-name when the call from Yelena came through.  Well, I'm only breaking even anyway.

Jed folded his cards and got up from the table to the protest of the other players.  It's past my bedtime boys

He walked over to Mike who was in earnest conversation with a Troll.  As he approached, Mike waved him off.  About that time, Arcs message came through.  Jed threw a salute and a smile at Mike and headed for the front door. Sending the address to Arc, he leaned against the building in the dark, and pulled up his AR feed.  He'd been thinking about picking up a Polish tutorsoft to work through on the trip.  Polish 101, Traveler's Guide to Polish, Polish for the Conversationalist...Here we go, "All the Polish Your Grandmother Didn't Teach You" by Anja Nowak.  This looks good..  He downloaded the text to his comm and closed his AR. 

Taking stock of his gear, he realized that they won't have time to head all the way back to Renton.  He always kept his micro cameras and bugs on him, but he won't have his other PI gear.  Oh well, he's unlikely to have anyone to process forensics stuff anyway.  All of his cash was already on a stick.  He fired a message off to Mike as he got ready to leave.  A friend is picking me up.  I'm headed to that stakeout I told you about.  I'll see you when it's over.

He buttoned his trench up to his chin, he shifted back and forth trying to stay warm while he waited for Arc.  He double checked the time as he hopped in and nodded at the team.  Looks like we'll barely make it. Marco's absence felt so strange.  No one was is a talking mood apparently. 
« Last Edit: <07-12-16/1231:40> by SmilinIrish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #38 on: <07-14-16/0807:45> »
The pickup at the garage was fairly seamless.  A clap on Firefly's shoulder snapped her out of her reverie, and a deadlocked wrist-clasp between Tuska and Arc confirmed to the little mechanic that everything was set.  In the van, the back was filled with an assortment of gear...all their collective tech and weaponry as she drove with an even keel, taking some turns with the troll to let her get a feel for the van.

It wasn't far to get to Jed, and once there, she lay on the horn for a second to notify him before sliding open the side door.  "Glad you could make it.  Frag, thish ish gonna be close..."  Helping him in, the PI could tell Arc was on a bit of an edge...maybe apprehensive about the job, or leaving town?

Either way, speeding off towards the rendezvous point, Arc had one last order of business...opening her messenger, she pulled up her Vruk's code...

<<@Jaime:  Hey babe, it's me.  Listen, it was kind of last moment, but my Srui'ken's flight was moved up to tonight.  I'm about to head there now, didn't have time to meet up with you.  I'm sorry for that, but we did suspect it may be this way.  I promise i'll be safe, and come home to you.  Hell, I'll even contact you as soon as I can.  I mean, I love you, don't I?  Stay out of trouble, babe...you'll see me again before you know it>>

Letting out a sigh, she sent the message off before leaning back into her seat, rubbing her eyes.  The sending was good timing too...as they rounded off the street, she saw the white-haired elf assassin waving them down.  Perfect...

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <07-14-16/1012:15> »
Yelena sees the van come around the corner and turns to the man.  "Is Yelena's team.  Have gear inside.  Can drive to plane to load?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <07-14-16/1539:15> »
@ Yelena  Dog looks at her, "Нет, остановить фургон здесь. Выгрузка. Я несу. Оставьте отсюда." He points to the shadowed corner he'd stepped out from.
[spoiler]
No, stop the van here. Unloading. I carry. Leave here.
[/spoiler]

Yelena complies with his instructions and points Arc to the corner and soon the gear is inloaded. Dog bends down and in a few quick motions has all the gear and stepping into the says, "открыто" Suddenly the graffitteed, pock marked wall slides aside and Dog motions with his head for them to precede him. Once they are inside there is light and a wide set of stairs leading to a landing. He points them down the stairs and once they are on the landing he flips a switch and the stairs change to a ramp. "Drive bike & van to here. They stay." A petite woman steps out of a small side room and looking at Dog says, "Good dog. Load train. Then Stay." She looks the group over and Yelena notes edges and corners of Russian prison tats on every visible inch of skin. She motions the group over and says, "Quickly. Must make window for launch or to much delay." She points down two flights of stairs and hurries down. When they get downstairs a sleek bullet train is waiting on a set of rails. Inside the accommodations border on the luxurious and there are sleeper cars as well as a kitchen car with a well stocked bar. "Strap in now. We leave." In moments Dog has the luggage loaded and they launch with a  burst of speed. Soon the train reaches it's max speed and the shoe says, "Ok to move now." And going to the restaurant car she pours herself a Vodka.
« Last Edit: <07-14-16/1614:20> by ismilealot »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <07-14-16/2207:53> »
I'd been making sure I was ready to jump at a moment's notice, so when Arc announced the balloon had gone up I was able to grab everything I'd collected for the trip within five minutes. 

Jacket - check.  Jumpsuit - check.  Electronics - check.  Wool socks and thermal boots - check. 

Abaya and hajib...

Abaya and hajib...

Poland wasn't a Muslim country, nor was anything around it.  I knew - I'd grown up in Berlin.  If we somehow survived this and I was able to visit Constantinople, then...well who knew what the future would bring.  I'd cross that bridge when I came to it.  Without a look back, I left the marks of my faith hanging from a  hook above the bed Arc had loaned me.

I wonder who will be the girl who returns to this place after this is all over...

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <07-15-16/0243:46> »
Yelena waits to say much more than short answers to any questions tossed her way until the team is allowed to move about.  She walks to the restaurant car and moves to where the shoe stands, motioning for the bottle of vodka.  She looks at the woman's exposed tats and nods as she recognizes several.  She opens the top of her shirt to expose the ink on her upper chest.  "Могу ли я? Мой Личный ад был Krasnoyan. Чуть более десяти лет, а затем в ходе беспорядков в '45.

[spoiler]May I?  My personal hell was Krasnoyan.  Just over ten years then out during a riot in '45. 

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #43 on: <07-15-16/1323:38> »
The whole exchange happened so fast that Arc wasn't sure how to respond.  The speed and urgency of it all...her mouth firmly closed, she entered a focused mode.  Just get through the next few moments, and then she could relax.  Pulling open the side door, she started funneling all the packed gear to this "Dog", surprised a bit at his capacity for carrying it all, but saying little.  Guiding the vehicles into the drop off point, she was in the back of the procession down the flights of steps.  She felt apprehension rising in her throat as she saw the speedy train, the whole prospect of the unknown of what lay ahead gripping at her.  No...Srui needs me on this.  I won't slitch out now...  Strapping in, she caught a glance towards the rest of the team as the train took off.

She felt her stomach slam into her side from the inertial pull, making her eyes flutter from the feeling.  Need to focus..on something...hoi...  She caught a glance out the window, her mind looking at the patterns in the lights flashing in the tunnel.  "Hmm..." If it's uniform spacing like at the entry, then those are 20m gaps in the lights...going at this speed, it's looking like about 100 or more lights a second...holy drek, 450km and hour...that means...  It hit her.  She's left Seattle.  The only world's she's ever known.   Her eyes bugging out, she felt her hands white-knuckling the straps holding her in until "Shoe" gave them the clearance to get up.

And get up she did.  Practically bursting from the straps, she barked out a quick "Shcuze me" and darted to the lavatory, not emerging for several moments...

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-16-16/1125:33> »
The trip had taken almost eleven hours and the Shoe, whose name they'd learned was RoadRunner, had done a gut wrenching hard stop at the end that they'd had to be lying down for in order to make it on time for their next connection. They'd never even seen their bags. She'd said, "Bags will be loaded. Go with DevilDog." DevilDog had proven to be a slight human with a velociraptor skull tattooed on his face, a pair of horns sprouting from his forehead, and a dead pair of eyes that measured each of them quickly. His English was almost unintelligible his accent was so thick, and he'd confined himself to one word instructions, "Come. Hurry. Go." had been the extent of his vocabulary. And in a few moments he'd had them loaded onto a small van that had Tusks bent almost double and Firefly sitting on Yelena's lap. He'd taken the trip at breakneck speed bouncing them around tight corners and poor roads in the dark. And when they'd gotten there, wherever there was, they'd been loaded onto a suborbital stealth jet and three seats were sitting on the tarmac beside it. A man, stepped forward. "I am pilot." He'd been all business as he'd directed them into the vessel. "We are cleared for launch in fifteen. We must make window."
« Last Edit: <07-23-16/1638:10> by ismilealot »