NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <08-04-16/0158:38> »
Yelena nods at both Jed and Nicolai.  She pulls out the comb from a pocket and hands it to the man who has said his name used to be Marco.  "Here.  Make work so PI man can tell is Marco."  SHe turns to gaze directly at her mentor.  "Yes.  If not Marco Yelena lets you kill him.  If is Marco Yelena lets him stay to help.  He has come long way to help, but you knew he was coming.  Why not tell Yelena?" 

Without waiting for an answer from Nicolai, which she might not believe anyway, she turns back to the man in the chair as he takes the comb.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <08-04-16/0311:17> »
Marco takes the comb, observes it with detail and plays with it. After a bit of playing he says "I am not going to use my mojo just to prove a point. Go ahead, kill and torture me - I no longer fear death and I no longer fear pain. I looked into the abyss and I took a step forward, I was diciplined enough to allow my body to crush on concrete and then was diciplined enough to allow my blood to flow out of my body, without even trying the healing spell. None of that was as painful as watching the woman I love looking at me like a stranger after I travelled half the world and tracked down a dangerous Bratva for her justice.

If it makes you less violent toward me I will tell you a different story, how I managed to track you all the way from Seattle. Perhaps Nikolai can speed up his game with regards to security. "
« Last Edit: <08-04-16/0320:15> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <08-04-16/0958:25> »
Yelena steps between Nicolai and Blackbird.  "Blackbird not think right.  Say wrong things.  Team not sure trust Blackbird after Seattle.  Blackbird should work for build trust, not say wrong things.  Blackbird try show bravado by smart ass answer and then challenge dangerous man in own house.  Your words of love are only for you to hear.  Where was love when Yelena on roof begging for Marco.  Yelena loved much.  Yelena loved enough challenge unholy men.  Go anywhere Marco go.  Work together Marco bring down priests.  Marco only want use Yelena for own purpose.  Marco lie Yelena.  Marco hurt Yelena.  Much hurt.  Is not love.  Not love when lie and hurt on purpose.  Is wrong when tell yourself was for love.  More wrong when tell Yelena was for love."

Yelena stops talking for a moment.  She looks into her heart for what love might be left for this man and finds......................nothing.  The anguish and pain caused by his actions have driven that emotion away.  She looks back at Blackbird and adds, "So how Blackbird find us?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <08-04-16/1137:33> »
Marco said calmly, he was upset but his words were well measured "I am not spilling
anymore secrets before I drink some Vodka - or torture if you are out of Vodka that is."

There was so much he had to say, how he would have never made it out of Seattle otherwise, how he remained true to his word. He gave up his entire social network, his own body just to become a ghost. He was finally invisible enough to try and stop the unholy priests that created him.

Marco's friends seemed to compete with each other about killing and torturing. "I made a mistake coming here, I risked my secret for nothing - these people are not friends. They would not help me get my kind of justice."  To be honest, Marco did not feel threatened by death and torture, at his emotional state - death was a release. He was already in hell, so what was the difference? Perhaps if they kill him now he will not have to see his former friends murder people.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #109 on: <08-04-16/1543:45> »
A ghost of a smile crosses Nicolai's lips and he says, "Он молод. Он глуп. Настолько глуп, что он не будет жить до старости." Nicolai shrugs, "Мужчины, которые думают, что готовы умереть за любовь являются полезными инструментами. Я не учил вас, чтобы выбросить инструмент не использовался.

[spoiler]"He's young. He is stupid. So stupid, that he would not live to be old." . . . . . . .
        "Men who think they are ready to die for love are useful tools. I do not teach you to throw the tool away not used."
[/spoiler]
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Qwikfix

« Reply #110 on: <08-04-16/1853:41> »
Arc felt Yelena's hand before she felt it stop her, the feelings she had coursing through her veins as her cybernetic eyes hid them away.  A quiet snarl formed on her lips as she stopped herself, pushing bodily against the elf's hand before she relaxed.  Her mind started to process things, seeing the other persoectives, what was happening.

All she knew was that this dude was not lying, and there was a reason he came here into the den of a bratwurst...or whatever the Russians called it.

Arc could feel the tensions rise as the forces of will clashed in the air between them, and her mood shifted.  She picked up the sounds from the words and cracked a little smile, this time tapping Yelena on the arm.  "Lotta Lotta big words n drek.  Some things I guess ya can't change, heh..."

Sighing, she turned her gaze on Nikolai, pushing out her jaw as she lifted her chin.  "we got it from here, thanksh"  once alone, the human stepped casually, shutting the door behind them to close them off.  "I think some explaining is in order...shet shtraight what all happened and figure out where to go...but I get the vibe we ain't exactly got the time to do that jushtice.  So...quick version?  How we gonna go from here?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <08-04-16/2234:35> »
Marco saw Velenkoradi enter the room and settle on Arc's shoulder, "Passion is the only truth you have ever known. Why do you deny yoursrlf and close the only door that is wholly and completely honest?"
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <08-04-16/2322:15> »
"Finally that murderous asshole is gone" thought Marco and then said "No alcohol, I guess we choose torture, fine. Yelena, when I gave you the comb I told you that it contains a piece of my soul. It is part for me and connected to me and as long as you carry it I can always find you. This is why I insisted that you take it with you. "

Then Velenkoradi materialize and floats near Arcs shoulder.

Marco laughs "Meet Velenkoradi, he owes me like a dozen services but I see him more as a friend than a bound spirit. I carry with me four more spirits - but these tend to stick to the astral."

With a grin on his face, Marco told Velenkoradi "Passion is currently the furthest thing in my mind right now, perhaps I am still grieving my loss. I still have too many things to figure out, lets discuss it again once I feel better."

To everyone he said "Velenkoradi was the one to find Yelena, what he did was to track the magical lines that connect me to this comb.  He did so all the way from Seattle, right before my flight.
It is incredible how he can travel faster than airplanes and is completely free.  He is a brilliant spirit seriously"

With a devious smile he said - "But as a tribute to Velenkoradi's idea"...  Marco focused his mind on passion and granted the entire room few moments of intense pleasure. "Usually people atleast buy me a drink before I start serving them - I guess I m losing my edge"
[spoiler]
Oppium Den: 15d6t5 3 F3
Oppium Den drain: 11d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

Marco seat in the corner of the room -  "I did everything that you wanted and I am unarmed and pacifist. Your threats are ridiculous - they are like a spider that threatens a fly. You have the guns, the offensive magic and a Bratva of dangerous criminals that would enjoy getting rid of me. I showed trust coming here, you better figure out your shit - you are only here for a short time and already became so violent, in speech and in action.  I can barely recognize you... " 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <08-05-16/0105:10> »
Yelena shudders at what Blackbird is saying, barely controlling her rage and pain.  She pulls the shadow to her and calms down.  Then Blackbird introduces the spirit and casts a spell that is apparently designed to bring pleasure and manipulate the mood of those in the room.  She can almost see the rows of bunk beds and smell the scented aroma of opium and other drugs waft through the dimly lit den.  It is almost as if she is back in Li Pat's, an opium parlor in London's East End that caters, or used to cater, to those who could find it.  Yelena could almost have called it her second home while she was working in London.  Once the money ran out, sex was a common form of currency for just one more hit of Bliss, and Yelena had paid willingly.  Shaking her head, Yelena resists the artificial urge to sink into that den's grasp and be happy and then realizes the source.  Her voice has a strange sort of sad quality to it, as if finally saying goodbye to something that had been lost but might be found if one looked hard enough.  "So even last gift was lie.  Not from remnant of love, but to trick Yelena reveal location    All things you do were for you.  Not for love and not for friends.  Just you.  No trust.  No work together as team, as friends.  Just use Yelena love against her to help prove you dead.  Maybe plan from start?  Use Yelena all the time.  Weak, stupid Yelena.  Fun in bed but too stupid to tell truth.  Is just like sax man.  Lie to Yelena, she not catch on.  Hurt friends.  All part of game you play.  Now Yelena know about you.  Now Yelena know.  Yelena survive betrayal.  Did before and will again.  You could have been great but are now small man."

[spoiler]  Resist Spell:  Resist Spell: 7d6t5 3
« Last Edit: <08-05-16/0119:18> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <08-05-16/0141:30> »
Blackbird said "Finally you see me, you can keep the comb. I did not lie to you - I did not share the truth with you. It is not the same. I was true to you, still am and I am here to help. The relationship talk we can do later this is not the place and time. We might say things that we will regret them." He tossed her the comb and took a seat.

« Last Edit: <08-05-16/1031:55> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <08-05-16/1025:04> »
Yelena catches the comb then leans forward and places it in one of his pockets.  "Yelena not want.  Keep and remind self how you tossed love away.  Old love gone in wind.  Part of shadow now.  Marco dead.  Yelena regret what might have been.  Regret what Marco did.  Regret own stupidity.  Marco not true.  Banter words.  Yelena know when lied to.  Marco lie and use Yelena.  But done and past now.  That part of Yelena life is done.  Marco killed that when lied and pretended kill self.  Now Blackbird.  So no more talk Marco."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <08-05-16/1058:04> »
Blackbird took the comb pocketed it. "I'll hold on to it for a while, until you want to have it."   He looked at Yelena and said "You are hurt and angry, I can respect that. What you say is one legitimate perspective to events. There is more than one side to that coin. Perhaps a different day, when you are less angry.  Perhaps understanding a second perspective would make you happier.
Still I came here, for you. Is my help wanted? Can I leave peacefully if it is not?"

« Last Edit: <08-05-16/1415:42> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #117 on: <08-05-16/1747:57> »
Well, this certainly sounded like Marco.  Marco had such a strange way of seeing things, Jed didn't think someone else who hadn't spent time with him could imitate his mind set so well.  Jed didn't trust Nicolai, and when Marco had shown up suddenly not dead, he suspected Nicolai as planting an imposter in the group to keep an eye on them.  Maybe...

Marco gestured and a wave of Euphoria began to cloud Jed's mind What the fu......  Jed pushed back against the fog covering his thoughts and slowly his mind cleared.

[spoiler]smilinirish:7D6E5 → 3( (5, 4, 2, 6, 6, 1, 4→ 3 successes against 5) )[/spoiler]

He saw Yelena's face go slack for a moment before her gaze sharpened again.  What was he thinking.  Was he drive her back to the drugs?

Marc....Blackbird!  Please, do not ever cast that spell on me without asking.  This is most certainly not the time.  What are you trying to do to Yelena with that?  You know her struggles.  Jed takes a few breaths and tries to make sure he was calm.    I have something I'd like to ask you, can your please use you mind spell?
« Last Edit: <08-05-16/1751:26> by SmilinIrish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <08-05-16/1840:56> »
Marco said "But you asked - you said to kill me if I did not cast a spell, you should be more specific with what you ask for. I wanted a spell that is discreet to digital audience"   He quickly linked his mind with Jed as he requested - these people are not going to allow him to sleep.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <08-06-16/1207:52> »
Yelena considers her answer to Blackbird's question.  She is glad for Jedediah's interruption and looks carefully at the older man.  Perhaps there is something there that she has missed.  She looks back to Blackbird as he and the PI man talk by mind.  She knows that he can carry on that conversation and still talk to her.  At least she believes he can.  "Yes.  Blackbird help wanted.  Yelena not know if Blackbird allowed to leave if not want stay.  Not Yelena house.  Yelena would talk Nicolai for Blackbird safety."

Yelena takes a chair and moves a few feet away before sitting down.  The past few minutes have been emotional.  From trying to hide what she still felt for Marco so she would not go insane from the grief, she has progressed through anger at what he had done to her and the rest of the team, and now to indifference.  On the rooftop, she had forced strands of shadow to bind the wounds to her heart and to conceal the spark of love that she still had for Marco, but now she looks into her heart and there is nothing left to hide.  The revelations of the past few minutes have completely crushed that spark and there is now simply a void where that love had been hidden.