NEWS

What is a runner who only uses old school weapons called?

• 9 Replies

CoolassJack

• Newb
« on: <06-11-19/2216:10> »
Not an important question, but this is killing me.  What is it called when a runner doesn't use modern weapons?  I remember it being neo-cro magnon or something like that.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-11-19/2338:08> »
Off hand I’m unfamiliar with that term.  Lo Teks maybe but that is more primitive everything. Throwbacks I think is the term for guns etc before wireless everything. But specifically what you are asking is a new one to me or I forgot it even existed.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #2 on: <06-21-19/1750:40> »
Dead, most likely...
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <06-21-19/2148:27> »
He's remembering a slang term from Neo Anrchist guide to modern life for 2e....

In there they had slang for all sorts of people, but given how it was written, I got the impression the slang was mostly used by anarchists and not common venactular...

And with that said, I can"t remember the term either... technoanderhal comes to mind however...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-21-19/2343:52> »
Don't think it was that book. just did a quick scan and I don't see a section where it would come up.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-21-19/2347:55> »
Don't think it was that book. just did a quick scan and I don't see a section where it would come up.

It was mixed into the paragraphs, and not just subsection. But I also could be remembering a different book.

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-22-19/0048:38> »

It was mixed into the paragraphs, and not just subsection. But I also could be remembering a different book.

Its possible, but none of the sections would tie into that.  All the security, weapons, armor etc is pretty high tech. I scanned through the dialogue of any areas where i thought it was a maybe like locksmithing, some armor etc but it never came up. Since it is also a PDf i tried a couple ideas in a find search like your technoneanderthal or neo- and it didn't come up. 

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-22-19/0758:16> »

Its possible, but none of the sections would tie into that.  All the security, weapons, armor etc is pretty high tech. I scanned through the dialogue of any areas where i thought it was a maybe like locksmithing, some armor etc but it never came up. Since it is also a PDf i tried a couple ideas in a find search like your technoneanderthal or neo- and it didn't come up.

yea, I just have DTF, and running off memory. The only other book I can think of is Shadowbeat...

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <06-22-19/0813:07> »
MacCallister
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <06-22-19/1049:17> »
Question: Who considers having two arms a trend to occasionally follow?
MacCallister
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!