Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Driver's License

(1/2) > >>

imthedci:
Stupid question - Do you need to purchase a fake license to "legally" be able to drive a car with a fake SIN?

I ask because the gear section about fake licenses doesn't talk at all about driver's licenses, but some of the archetypes (which I would normally ignore, since they contain a lot of inconsistencies or so I hear) have driver's licenses listed with their fake SINs, so I'm getting confused.

Michael Chandra:
Cars can drive by autopilot or by subscribing to GridGuide. You probably only need a license for manual operation.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
I agree with MC on both counts.  If you own a car, and are sitting in the driver's seat, but are allowing Gridguide/autopilot to drive your car around then you don't need a license.  If the car's under manual control however, whoever's at the controls requires a license for all the same reasons as in the real world.  With all the same implications for driving without a license as in the real world, too.

imthedci:
Makes sense, though I do find it odd that it's not mentioned anywhere. I'll have to borrow a friend's copy of the 5e crb and see if it's just change blindness (or maybe they're waiting for the rigger book).

Thanks for the help.

Banshee:

--- Quote from: imthedci on ---Makes sense, though I do find it odd that it's not mentioned anywhere. I'll have to borrow a friend's copy of the 5e crb and see if it's just change blindness (or maybe they're waiting for the rigger book).

Thanks for the help.

--- End quote ---

For once it is not change blindness. SR has always been vague about licensing beyond specific gear items as noted by availability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version