NEWS

Official website revamp comment thread

• 18 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <02-12-11/0125:25> »
The Shadowrun4.com website has been revamped--check it out if you haven't already (there's a post on the front page discussing some of the changes)! One of the big improvements to the site is that it is now much easier for me and the other devs to edit and update, so I very much want your suggestions about what we can do to make it better. Use this thread for your suggestions about what should happen to the site as we keep improving it!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <02-12-11/1124:43> »
Woo-hoo!

Nice update. I like the new layout and grouping notes on new releases and other products together.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #2 on: <02-12-11/1322:23> »
It's okay, but that space on the sides, plus the two ad boxes choke the text. Or is it just made for lower res?
I hope there will be more stuff on the website soon.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

AJCarrington

« Reply #3 on: <02-12-11/1503:04> »
Like the updates quite a bit - nice to get all those new wallpapers!!  Also, just finished downloading all the Season 1 missions...thanks!

AJC

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-12-11/1514:49> »
It's okay, but that space on the sides, plus the two ad boxes choke the text. Or is it just made for lower res?
I hope there will be more stuff on the website soon.

As you widen your browser window, the ads should stay on the sides, giving the text more room to breathe.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #5 on: <02-12-11/1519:44> »
It looks amazing! Give the developers my praise! One thing though, banners (like this forum's) when clicked lead you home. So I'd like that one to.
« Last Edit: <02-12-11/1524:41> by theKernel »
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <02-12-11/1542:21> »
I dig it, easier to find products in development.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #7 on: <02-12-11/1656:11> »
For reference:  The Missions adventures should have the authors name listed with them.  Something to fix next time we do an update.

Bull

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <02-12-11/1727:29> »
For reference:  The Missions adventures should have the authors name listed with them.  Something to fix next time we do an update.

Bull

Shoot my a quick list of who to credit and I can take care of it. It's easy enough to do.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <02-12-11/2032:55> »
I like it.  I especially like how the books are separated and categorized, with descriptions and quick links for purchasing.  Very smart.

Also love that Fiction gets it's own section and that more novels will be popping up there in ebook/PDF form.

Like that there are wallpapers, hope we keep getting new ones as new books get released.

I like the Shadow Images idea, but I think it could do with a few more images.  Perhaps a few more and use thumbnails rather then have the page load out all of them in full resolution every time it gets loaded.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-12-11/2101:36> »
I like it.  I especially like how the books are separated and categorized, with descriptions and quick links for purchasing.  Very smart.

Also love that Fiction gets it's own section and that more novels will be popping up there in ebook/PDF form.

Like that there are wallpapers, hope we keep getting new ones as new books get released.

I like the Shadow Images idea, but I think it could do with a few more images.  Perhaps a few more and use thumbnails rather then have the page load out all of them in full resolution every time it gets loaded.

Yeah, that last part's a good idea. As we get more images, I'll work on a way to get thumbnail galleries up first.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-12-11/2251:08> »
As you widen your browser window, the ads should stay on the sides, giving the text more room to breathe.

Still a lot of wasted space, even at higher resolutions.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <02-13-11/0916:23> »
Attached a screenshot. Desktop resolution is 1920x1200, though the picture itself is smaller (stupid file size limits). Take a look at the amount of white space on either side.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <02-13-11/1137:31> »
Attached a screenshot. Desktop resolution is 1920x1200, though the picture itself is smaller (stupid file size limits). Take a look at the amount of white space on either side.
I'm getting the same thing across all browsers. Might want to check the left/right settings on the "aside main-aside" classes.

Rascal

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <02-13-11/1358:20> »
Much needed! Sweet new stuff!

Agree with the voices on the "waste of space"-team, though.
"If you don´t stop driving through walls I´m going to start rolling for the van to explode - this is an American game!"