NEWS

looking for a movie name, kinda barely related to SR.

• 4 Replies

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« on: <01-27-12/1942:45> »
the film in question ends with the BBEG dying in a "tornado of fresh $100 bills" (or something similar)

the film is possibly noir, definitely had tech and magic (even if it was 1930's or 40's tech)
saw it on vhs late 80's-early 90's
no idea on who's in it.
probably a straight to tape movie.

anyone have an idea of the name?
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Sheala

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-07-12/2045:17> »
It reminds me this
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101550/
not sure about the ending.

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-07-12/2233:58> »
pretty close, but i definitely recall the big bad getting the death of a million dollars of paper cuts.
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Somtaaw0

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-13-12/0132:18> »
Its been a long time since I last saw that movie and if I recall correctly the paper-cut scene happens towards the beginning of Cast a Deadly Spell. The scene itself was set in a bathroom of a train or bus station as a character is trying to skip town. The end involves summoning an old god and is good example of what happens when you botch a summoning.
I felt a great disturbance in the force. As if a significant plotline suddenly cried out in terror... and was suddenly silenced.--Torg @ Sluggy.com

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-13-12/0204:44> »
i stand corrected, thank you both.