Texicon 2011 Fort Worth, Texas May 20th - 22nd

• 26 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #15 on: <05-06-11/1447:52> »
Quick update:

Due to a scheduling snafu, my schedule has been flip-flopped for Friday.

Friday:  Game from 2:00-6:00, followed by Freelancer Panel (with guest speaker James Meiers, aka Crimsondude) from 6:00-7:00.

Saturday:  Freelancer Panel (with guest speaker James Meiers, aka Crimsondude) from 1:00-2:00, followed by game session from 2:00-6:00.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-06-11/1805:33> »
I had vague plans to make it to this but instead I get to install some Windows 2008 DCs to replace our 2003 ones.

sigh

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #17 on: <05-07-11/1155:30> »
Damn, I wish I could be at this one, but time and budget do not allow....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-07-11/2146:21> »
Budget wouldn't be a problem if it was to make this happen.

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <05-09-11/1515:28> »
I believe there are still tickets available for the Texicon games for those who are attending. Email karl@texicon.net for the registration for games. He can tell you if a game is filled or not.

I think if you want to come and walk around the convention and take a look that's free. If you want to game though you probably need to buy a pass (one day). I'd email one of the con owners so so you don't have an altercation. It's a small convention and not alot of money is free so ever badge counts. Having it at the hotel isn't cheap. karl@texicon.net  would be the judge for badges and what the official rules are for playing in games al-a-carte. Rusty may be able to get a comp badge but that's entire Karl and Kevin's discrestion.

Rusty's events are on the web site for his speaking engagements. I've been busy building the terrain for the Doctor Who and Future Wars games I'm running. I'm thinking about getting out of work early and working a half day or taking that Friday off so I can game? Not sure yet?

Cheers,

Brian Guarnieri
"Can't stop here it's bat country"

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <05-09-11/1526:00> »
If anyone has any problems or questions about the convention message me for a more complete answer. If you drink please keep in mind that there's a pub down the street and after my games are over Saturday we could make a visit for a few pints. I and Jamie will be hitting it probably Saturday night. It's not a matter of if but when.

Cheers,

Brian Guarnieri

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <05-09-11/1530:44> »
I'm still waiting to hear on getting into Rusty's Ancient Pawns game on Friday (or Saturday, but preferably Friday), but I'm in no hurry.

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <05-09-11/1647:55> »
Did you register to be at the con or are you going to be in one of the panels as a speaker? Message me the full info. and I'll see what I can find. As far as open slots go I doubt they'll be taken. You should be fine there. It's going to depend more on if your a con guest or not. If that's the issue I'd email karl@texicon.net. If your trying to find out how many seats are open I can ask and publish that. If your not a guest at the con that's really out of my hands as Karl and Kevin Pajak would have to make that decision as they're the owners. (Karl@texicon.net or Kevin@texicon.net).

I'm still kind of fuzzy on the details and what your needing?

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <05-18-11/1801:12> »
Texicon is this weekend. Hope to see all there.

Cheers,

Brian Guarnieri

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <05-23-11/1133:28> »
I wanted to send out a public thanks to Fortinbras, Critias, Crimsondude. I didnt' get to play in Critias' game due to being stuck at work Friday. It was good meeting you and thanks for coming out and spending all the time.  Thanks to Crimsondude for coming down and making a appearance. I was especially pleased and enjoyed Fortinbras game. It was quick, well thought out, dirty and very gritty. I liked the street level nature of the game. I kept thinking BTL's, BTL's not even thinking there was anything magically based going on. I enjoy a surprise, maybe though I would have picked up on more if it wasn't 2am and I had some sleep but an enjoyable game none the less. Also haven't heard the word "brownstone" since I moved down here from Boston. Very cool. Had fun and Fortinbras should submit some adventures for possible publishing in Missions. Maybe you'll have a career in TV when Chuck grows a few inches. I'm sure he'll call you back in that case! (:>)

Cheers,

Brian Guarnieri

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #25 on: <05-23-11/1247:26> »
Hey, a good time was had by all!  I wish I'd had a little more time to actually hang out and enjoy Texicon, as it was I was just scrambling to run my stuff then get outta there (to previously planned stuff).  It was a lot of fun to meet a few new folks, introduce some new players to Shadowrun in a couple sessions, and all that.  It was cool to meet you and Fortinbras, even if it was just briefly.

My favorite moment was when a brand new SR player realized that his Street Samurai had just dropped five baddies in three seconds.  It was a fun "woah" moment for him as the last of the dice went clattering, and he grinned at just what a terribly dangerous murder machine he was playing.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-23-11/1305:01> »
I had a great time meeting some fun and interesting people. I got to play a sit-down SR game with Critias, which was as fun as I imagined. Nothing like playing a fight on a moving vehicle. I also got to play the BT RPG (Critias taught me the mini game back at his house), which was awesome. Though I did have to make a quick judgement call at one point and knowing OOC that it was pretty stupid, but not knowing so in the heat of combat, it wasn't the right one. However, that's what happens. Like Critias said, we would have spent more time but we had other obligations. That said, it has been neat to meet some other forumers, and I hope to come back to the DFW area soon.