NEWS

Adventure Ideas?

• 33 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <10-11-11/1111:56> »
Oh, another thing that I used to do at the gaming table was to make notes on things the players would say OOC. There was usually at least one "Well, at least it isn't an XYZ", or "Imagine what would have happened if we'd done ABC, or if they'd had an LMNOP". It got to the stage where any player providing me with these OOC gems would get filthy looks from the other players at the table, because they figured it could come back to bite them in the ass...

Hey yeah i know that trick a little bit, i'm horrible at writing things down so i guess i'll have to try and create a habit out of it.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <10-11-11/1125:52> »
Oh, another thing that I used to do at the gaming table was to make notes on things the players would say OOC. There was usually at least one "Well, at least it isn't an XYZ", or "Imagine what would have happened if we'd done ABC, or if they'd had an LMNOP". It got to the stage where any player providing me with these OOC gems would get filthy looks from the other players at the table, because they figured it could come back to bite them in the ass...

Hey yeah i know that trick a little bit, i'm horrible at writing things down so i guess i'll have to try and create a habit out of it.

The trick for me was learning to think "temporary". During a game I just make a quick note on a throwaway piece of paper and toss it into a bucket or hat or case to review and actually think about after the game. I keep a pad of scrap paper (printer output that's clean on one side, quartered or smaller and stapled in a stack) for this. four or five words, not full sentences.

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <10-11-11/1706:45> »
Write down the ten random serious news stories that you come across on ten different index cards.  Do the same for 10 different news of the weird type stories.  Shuffle and pick one from each pile, blend and Shadowrun'ify it with tweaks and you have 10 adventures seeds to choose from.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <10-11-11/1749:47> »
Write down the ten random serious news stories that you come across on ten different index cards.  Do the same for 10 different news of the weird type stories.  Shuffle and pick one from each pile, blend and Shadowrun'ify it with tweaks and you have 10 adventures seeds to choose from.

That's an interesting idea. O.O
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man