NEWS

Called Shots

• 10 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« on: <10-05-11/1345:12> »
Can you do more than one in an initiative pass?

I'm thinking you can't even though it says it's a free action, i think it says you have to do an aim action and then fire your shot meaning if i'm using my gunslinger with his slivergun he only gets 1 called shot per initative pass correct? If you do this does that mean technically on a called shot of +4 damage you only lose 3 dice?

that's -4 for the called shot maximum but then you have to do an AIM action that gives you +1?

Which reminds me, you can only do aim actions up to your agility score / 2. now do you round that up or down curiously? (my gunslinger has 9 agility augmented so does he get 4 aim actions possible? or 5?)

Thanks again!
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-05-11/1422:38> »
yes you can only do one called shot per IP as calling a shot takes a free action and you only get one of those per IP.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-05-11/1428:46> »
yes you can only do one called shot per IP as calling a shot takes a free action and you only get one of those per IP.

Alright but does it just take up that free action only? Or does it also take that "aim" action it refered me to on the called shots page, making it seem like you had to both use the free action and then a standard action in order to use called shot on your last standard action of the round?
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #3 on: <10-05-11/1440:53> »
You may Take Aim, but Calling a Shot is it's own action. Both can be done together, but they do not have to be.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-05-11/1447:43> »
You may Take Aim, but Calling a Shot is it's own action. Both can be done together, but they do not have to be.

So then I can do what I original thought which is....

Free action: Call shot
Standard: Fire said called shot
Standard action #2: fire a regular shot.

Correct? If so awesome.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #5 on: <10-05-11/1612:07> »

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-05-11/1624:43> »
Awesome

tzizimine

• Omae
  • Yes, I misspelled tzitzimeme...
« Reply #7 on: <10-08-11/1833:10> »
Now a tricky question... Can you use called shots in astral or matrix combat? I would think no, but haven't confirmed it.
"When in doubt, cause trouble. When in trouble, cause doubt."

My Cheat Sheet in pdf

Preacher

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <10-08-11/1844:27> »
In astral combat, sure.  It's just a slight variance of normal combat.  Matrix combat is something else entirely.

tzizimine

• Omae
  • Yes, I misspelled tzitzimeme...
« Reply #9 on: <10-08-11/1903:10> »
Ah, but what called shots apply in the Astral Plane?

There is no armor to bypass, since any any "armor" in the astral is natural or via spell/power so it isn't worn.
There are no vitals in your astral form (and no, I don't believe in getting kicked in the mind-junk)
The only thing that is held are active foci, which are bound and physically with the body, so they can't be 'dropped' from the astral form.

I suppose the increase DV?
"When in doubt, cause trouble. When in trouble, cause doubt."

My Cheat Sheet in pdf

Crash_00

« Reply #10 on: <10-08-11/2327:23> »
There are no vitals in your astral form (and no, I don't believe in getting kicked in the mind-junk)
I don't find it completely outside of the realm of possibility that there are some parts of your astral form more vulnerable to damage than others.

You can make two called shots technically, but it requires some creative thinking.

Example A:
Joe Normal uses his free action at the end of his first phase to call a shot to a Rent-A-Cop for +4DV. Joe fires on his second phase and misses his called shot. He then uses his free action of his second phase to call another shot and fires again. This time he hits and the Rent-A-Cop takes a face full of lead.

Example B:
Snippy the Sniper spends his first action aiming twice (to negate range and then get a +1 bonus) with his simple actions and then uses his free action to call a shot for +4DV. On his second phase, his target still hasn't moved so he aims again (+2 bonus total) and calls a shot to negate armor as well. On his second simple action he fires. The target is wearing Full Body Armor with a helmet so Snippy is suffering a -16 penalty (-4 for DV called shot and -12 for armor negation) but Snippy rolls 24 dice normally so he still has hope.

Example C:
Jackie Smooth finds himself in a world of trouble as his cover gets blown while he's pulling recon on the job site. A Sec guard in an armored jacket is barreling toward him with a HK-227X. Jackie knows that his Slivergun is going to be nearly useful if he just blasts away, so he spends a free action to call a shot to negate armor, a simple action to call a shot for +4 DV, and his last simple action to shoot the Sec guard. If Jackie Smooth succeeds he'll be hitting the guard for a base of 12P damage resisted only by the Sec Guards body of 3. The guard will need to roll all hits to avoid bleeding out on the tile.