NEWS

AR and VR o.O'

• 41 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <09-28-11/1531:22> »
Never heard of the site. By your tone I should have.
Yes, it's were a lot of artist's (both drawing, painting, digital art) is displayed. A lot of people can do character searching for just the right pciture for your character. It's a pretty good site, and thanks I may have more questions here in a second. xD
Writer's as well.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <09-28-11/1648:10> »
Never heard of the site. By your tone I should have.
Yes, it's were a lot of artist's (both drawing, painting, digital art) is displayed. A lot of people can do character searching for just the right pciture for your character. It's a pretty good site, and thanks I may have more questions here in a second. xD
Writer's as well.
Which reminds me, I really need to upload stories at some point.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <09-28-11/1752:22> »
SWEET!   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

swliner

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <09-28-11/1936:55> »
Really, if you play the latest Deus Ex it does give a decent idea of what AR can look like.  Interesting items are highlighted, people are tagged, your ammo count is presented, your destination is marked with a floating icon in your field of view, etc.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-28-11/1956:11> »
Really, if you play the latest Deus Ex it does give a decent idea of what AR can look like.  Interesting items are highlighted, people are tagged, your ammo count is presented, your destination is marked with a floating icon in your field of view, etc.

Sounds cool, just having a hard time getting to how to introduce it to the players so they use it more. Right now AR is hardly used in my game. >.> I'd most definately invent more AR things if they used it, most of them having comlinks in their head I beleive would be able to see it, if i remember the beginning of this topic correctly. i've yet to see someone try to use a smartlinked gun around a corner. (no penalty for that right because your looking where your gun is pointed right?)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #20 on: <09-28-11/2008:46> »
In game, do any of you GMs out there go to the trouble of describing the AR overlays of the various places that the 'runners go? I mean, basic AR overlays are everywhere, but what about more exotic stuff?

Joush

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-28-11/2135:16> »
I toss out the occasional mention of neon drenched ARO's advertising all kinds of things and projected across buildings, and mention any rather notable ARO such as personal adds hovering over people in a bar, RFID gang tags on the street and the occasional street busker or beggar with a virtual sob story.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-28-11/2139:27> »
I toss out the occasional mention of neon drenched ARO's advertising all kinds of things and projected across buildings, and mention any rather notable ARO such as personal adds hovering over people in a bar, RFID gang tags on the street and the occasional street busker or beggar with a virtual sob story.

No building interiors made out to look like medieval castles, or offices with beach views, or anything like that? I was wondering whether people use AR dressing on their backdrops, as well.

Crash_00

« Reply #23 on: <09-28-11/2246:00> »
I have a lot of AR art in my games. A lot of corporate types will have a framed tag set that either features moving AR artwork or does a slideshow of AR artwork. I also have directions everywhere and for everything in AR that players can filter easily.

The main thing that they've noticed (although this is primarily due to their poor planning) are the AR sirens and police issued commands. Cop cars actually have a Red/Blue Shield that hovers around them when their sirens are on (Ambulances and Fire Engines have similar AROs with related themes). If a police officer is yelling at you to drop you gun, his comm is going to be broadcasting that message in an ARO that will get translated into a dozen popular languages and plopped on you image link. This is all of course just my interpretation of little fluff things that should be there in the 2072 world.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-29-11/1846:32> »
I have a lot of AR art in my games. A lot of corporate types will have a framed tag set that either features moving AR artwork or does a slideshow of AR artwork. I also have directions everywhere and for everything in AR that players can filter easily.

The main thing that they've noticed (although this is primarily due to their poor planning) are the AR sirens and police issued commands. Cop cars actually have a Red/Blue Shield that hovers around them when their sirens are on (Ambulances and Fire Engines have similar AROs with related themes). If a police officer is yelling at you to drop you gun, his comm is going to be broadcasting that message in an ARO that will get translated into a dozen popular languages and plopped on you image link. This is all of course just my interpretation of little fluff things that should be there in the 2072 world.

Interesting. I may have to do that in my game. XD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-04-11/0221:39> »
when runners meet in a bar/restaurant, you can't order without AR. there's no printed menu anymore. And don't bother asking the grumpy troll waitress.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <10-04-11/0225:20> »
when runners meet in a bar/restaurant, you can't order without AR. there's no printed menu anymore. And don't bother asking the grumpy troll waitress.

That would depend on the bar/restaurant, IMNSHO. There'd be plenty of places where you could pay to have a snooty waiter look down his nose at you for mispronouncing the dishes, or where a one-eyed barman would growl "what'llbe?" at you.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <10-04-11/0226:16> »

That would depend on the bar/restaurant, IMNSHO. There'd be plenty of places where you could pay to have a snooty waiter look down his nose at you for mispronouncing the dishes, or where a one-eyed barman would growl "what'llbe?" at you.

One eyed? And i'll give him four arms.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <10-04-11/0230:20> »

With at least one of them obviously cyber.  ;)

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-04-11/0235:54> »

With at least one of them obviously cyber.  ;)

of course the "he" is actually a "she" <.< but don't tell the players that.