NEWS

Drakes

• 8 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« on: <08-30-11/2230:12> »
Hey got a question out there for you fellow DM's. I got a guy who introduced shadowrunning to me and i invited him over to come play with us some more. His character concept is interesting to say the least. I wanted to double check with people about some of the stuff and prepare myself for what having him in the game means.

Alright so lets start with he's a mage that is very good at summoning spirits and binding them. He can also turn into a Drake. (i'd REALLY like to know what that means specifically but i don't have the books available at the moment while i'm in Nashville tennesse) Anyways, he also said the concept behind the character was that he was a mage that could turn into a drake and be possessed by powerful spirits. (<.< I'm going to guess that might be homebrew from their old games, unless anyone can qoute that somewhere).

He's kept in line however being a good sport and letting everyone have their moments to shine. He's better at planning shadowrun's as a character. They pulled off a "kidnapping" pretty well with him. Doing it in about probably 10 second combat turn wise by cuasing a distraction.  (maybe not even that I forget initiative passes aren't 2 seconds each) He's part of this mage commune to spread knowledge of magic all around. They are pretty much all about healing, and spreading good knowledge of magic. Apparently he told me when i mentioned that i'd be paying him 10,000 for his part of the job he said he gives 90% to his commune. <.< (damn i don't think i could ever do a character like that) Also he had no offensive spells or if i'm using termanology right i believe the correct term is Combat spells.

I enjoyed playing with him because as a mage player i learned quite a bit about what summoning was all about. Running through some of his knowledge of magic was quite awesome and i think it gave me a better understanding of it.

Now with that said I would like to prepare incase the situation does pull out that drake inside of him. :D
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-30-11/2256:44> »
will PM you drake info.

As for possession, were his spirits materialising? if so they cant use possession, they have one or the other

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-30-11/2258:37> »
will PM you drake info.

As for possession, were his spirits materialising? if so they cant use possession, they have one or the other

Thank you, and actually they never manifested. The only time he used them i believe was to augment his spells once or twice, and the other was to chase off a mage that had followed them astrally.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-30-11/2259:31> »
Thank you, and actually they never manifested. The only time he used them i believe was to augment his spells once or twice, and the other was to chase off a mage that had followed them astrally.

Thats all right then

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-30-11/2308:41> »
Thank you

PM sent, hope it helps!

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-31-11/0014:01> »

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-31-11/0238:55> »
Holla die Waldfee
A possesion based Drake Mage....
thats a hefty combination.
Possible Yes but prone to Powergaming.
I don't want to say that the Player is a Powergamer ,as   
He's kept in line however being a good sport and letting everyone have their moments to shine
but there is quite a Potential for that
Such a Char is(ImO) more suited for a more experienced Group (and for a more experienced GM (no offense meant   ) :) )

Now with that said I would like to prepare incase the situation does pull out that drake inside of him.
as a Player :
Get Fireproof underwear (IIRC 200 ¥ per Level up to 6) and Run as fast as possible (blades give Movement x 1,5 Skimmer Disk x2) and Hide in a Graveyard (Backgroundcount ;) )
As a GM:
a great Dragon( accompanied by dozens of Spirits and Metahuman Underlings in Heavy Gear) comes over and demands back his (unloyal) Servant

Hough !
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

The Cat

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <08-31-11/0318:24> »
The VERY few Drakes I've had in games (either as a player or GM) very quickly ended up with a Hunted Flaw.  They're obviously Drakes viewed in astral (in metahuman form their aura is that of the Drake, in Drake form it's metahuman), unless they've learned Masking and the player quickly showed off being a Drake in front of the wrong people almost every time.  Since Drakes are highly prized by corps, governments, dragons, alchemists and pretty much everyone with the capacity to ruin your day, the Drake's life (and by extension the runners with him) quickly got very complicated very fast.

We got some highly entertaining runs out of that problem.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-31-11/1649:18> »
The VERY few Drakes I've had in games (either as a player or GM) very quickly ended up with a Hunted Flaw.  They're obviously Drakes viewed in astral (in metahuman form their aura is that of the Drake, in Drake form it's metahuman), unless they've learned Masking and the player quickly showed off being a Drake in front of the wrong people almost every time.  Since Drakes are highly prized by corps, governments, dragons, alchemists and pretty much everyone with the capacity to ruin your day, the Drake's life (and by extension the runners with him) quickly got very complicated very fast.

We got some highly entertaining runs out of that problem.

Thanks, yeah I found that out and from what I read the only real difference would have been one encounter with a mage that was astraly tracking the person they kidnapped. I hadn't realized the mage would have seen his draco forum before astral preceiving, though I guess that gives me a reason as to why he didn't try to make a move to recapture the girl sooner. I think the mage would have possibly reacted a little different. The funny thing is the dracomage is a very hard core pacifist and he plays it pretty well. He got the group to use non lethal ammo on the body guard and the driver of the girl, and then instead of killing the mage he just knocked him back to his body.

Also I agree probably more than I could chew if the player wanted to be an ass, which I'd like to have counter measures for however I don't forsee that happening in the near future. He's a very good sport. No Offense taken considering I've only DM'd probably a total of 5 to 6 sessions. Almost non of which have been fully planned, I just have a story concept and let it fly by the seat of my pants. I find the best thing happens when something unexpected happens. The guy playing the Draco likes to have everything planned out, I disagree with how far he thinks he has to plan but i'm sure one day he'll realize it isn't the planned stuff that everyone remembers, it's the surprise of the unexpected and spur of the moment ideas. haha!

Thank you both for your comments. :D