NEWS

Ghosts of Firewatch - SR Missions?

• 4 Replies

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <05-13-16/2131:23> »
There is a Shadowrun LARP at GenCon.  Past LARPs for SR at GenCon were for Missions - is this one a Missions LARP?

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #1 on: <05-13-16/2149:17> »
You can... LARP shadowrun? You know paintball and airsoft still hurt pretty badly. Kinda takes the fun out of using a sword or fists... wait how do you adept in a Shadowrun LARP? Or mage or shaman? Or is this just dressing like your character?
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-16/1211:48> »
There is a Shadowrun LARP at GenCon.  Past LARPs for SR at GenCon were for Missions - is this one a Missions LARP?

yes it is Missions legal

You can... LARP shadowrun? You know paintball and airsoft still hurt pretty badly. Kinda takes the fun out of using a sword or fists... wait how do you adept in a Shadowrun LARP? Or mage or shaman? Or is this just dressing like your character?

The SR LARP is priamrily just dressing in character and running around the con interacting with others, no actual combat takes place :)
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-16/1316:17> »

yes it is Missions legal

The SR LARP is priamrily just dressing in character and running around the con interacting with others, no actual combat takes place :)

That sounds fun. My character has 1 charisma so my awkwardness and naivity will be in character!
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-24-16/0818:33> »
We are sad to say that the Shadowrun LARP has been cancelled at GenCon 2016.

The demand for Shadowrun Missions and CMPs is exceptionally high so we had to cancel the LARP to reassign GMs to meet the highest demand.  Unfortunately, the LARP is not a high demand event.

GenCon will notify those of you who purchased tickets.

Sorry about this, but hard choices had to be made.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team