Your favorite Run & Gun item

• 57 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #45 on: <04-22-14/0223:18> »
There's a time when an under barrel chainsaw isn't right?  :o
I've used both guns and chainsaws and the idea of an under barrel chainsaw will never seem right.
"YOUR MOM IS A CLASSY LADY!!!"  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #46 on: <04-22-14/1641:32> »
There's a time when an under barrel chainsaw isn't right?  :o

I've used both guns and chainsaws and the idea of an under barrel chainsaw will never seem right.

I would direct you to this video, then.  Underbarrel chainsaws are awesome.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Demon_Bob

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <04-22-14/2210:04> »
I would direct you to this video, then.  Underbarrel chainsaws are awesome.  :)

While that's a fun video, I still say that an underbarrel chainsaw, double bladed swords, and peaceful, intelligent aliens visiting planet earth are unrealistic.

Although I'm glad they included a Ghillie suit, for some reason my favorite item is the Bike racing armor and helmate.
« Last Edit: <04-25-14/1918:26> by Demon_Bob »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #48 on: <04-23-14/0309:39> »
While that's a fun video, I still say that an underbarrel chainsaw, double bladed swords, and peaceful, intelligent aliens visiting planet earth are unrealistic.

Because dragons, magic, cybernetic zombies, and shedim are sooooooo realistic.  :P
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #49 on: <04-23-14/0315:30> »

Although I'm glad they included a Ghillie suit, for some reason my favorite item is the Bike racing armor and helmet.

Unrealistic? No. All of these things are possible. They just are either impractical (like the underbarrel chainsaw or the double-bladed sword) or implausible (the aliens - why the specifics for that anyway?)
That does not mean that people won't try to make the impractical items out of a desire for the coolness factor. That does not mean aliens could not touch down tomorrow (though it's really unlikely.)

So if future tech could make the cool-nut-impractical practical, why the hell shouldn't they do it?

And Shadowrun has no aliens, so...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #50 on: <04-23-14/0338:50> »
Aztlan would beg to differ!

Bloody illegal immigrant day-laborers from the CAS!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #51 on: <04-23-14/0355:22> »
Aztlan would beg to differ!

Bloody illegal immigrant day-laborers from the CAS!

Extraterrestrial non-metahumans, then.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #52 on: <04-23-14/1225:29> »

Although I'm glad they included a Ghillie suit, for some reason my favorite item is the Bike racing armor and helmet.

Unrealistic? No. All of these things are possible. They just are either impractical (like the underbarrel chainsaw or the double-bladed sword) or implausible (the aliens - why the specifics for that anyway?)
That does not mean that people won't try to make the impractical items out of a desire for the coolness factor. That does not mean aliens could not touch down tomorrow (though it's really unlikely.)

So if future tech could make the cool-nut-impractical practical, why the hell shouldn't they do it?

Are you talking about impractical for the average user? Or impractical in the hands of someone trained? If the former, there's a massive number of real-life weapons to add to your examples. If the latter, one of your examples doesn't apply.

Though, apparently, double-bladed swords are beaten out by sword-chucks in the "impractical weapon that turns out to be deadly in the hands of a skilled user" department. Don't believe me? Look up the videos of someone practicing with sword-chucks while the blades are on fire.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Aranador

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <04-23-14/2147:15> »
Hmm - I tried to look for that video, but all I got was videos of a multiple amputee burns victim in an insane asylum.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #54 on: <04-23-14/2216:05> »
You can find the pictures from Stage 4 of translating them into reality here: http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=36835

Seriously. Sword-chucks. On fire. And someone not only made those, but went through multiple stages of development. And posted their results.  :o

Suddenly, an underbarrel chainsaw doesn't seem that impractical by comparison.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

moonlightshadow13

• Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <05-12-14/2301:14> »
The Franchi Spazs-26 for me. most useful gun that i found so far, looking foward to using the gauss rifle though with my Agi 7, Str 11 troll tank

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <05-15-14/1451:52> »
As a GM of a group that loves heavy weapons, I think I find the hardend Mil-Spec armors refreshing. Now my players will actually have to fire twice on some guys. LOL!
Want to join a skype game on R20 on Sundays? PM me!

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #57 on: <05-17-14/2016:17> »

Are you talking about impractical for the average user? Or impractical in the hands of someone trained? If the former, there's a massive number of real-life weapons to add to your examples. If the latter, one of your examples doesn't apply.

Though, apparently, double-bladed swords are beaten out by sword-chucks in the "impractical weapon that turns out to be deadly in the hands of a skilled user" department. Don't believe me? Look up the videos of someone practicing with sword-chucks while the blades are on fire.

Impractical for the average user is a point, but overall a double-bladed sword is less practical (and effective) than just holding a sword in each hand. Impractical does not mean impossible, after all.