NEWS

Your favorite Run & Gun item

• 57 Replies

Jordan

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <04-14-14/2149:32> »
I really like the idea of Forearm Guards with Pulseweave material. It would be a great way to give yourself an edge in close combat. I suppose you could do a Ballistics Mask with the weave as well.

Or both.

raleel

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <04-15-14/0011:42> »
stick and shock arrowsheads with the enhanced shafts. 12S(e) is quite nice. quiet, non-lethal (mostly), enough range, and not actually that expensive.

BlackJaw

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <04-15-14/0945:52> »
Slide Mounts for firearms.   It makes it a single action to switch out many weapon-accessories.  External Smartgun got bricked?  Take it off, maybe put on a new on.  Not the right time for an under barrel chainsaw?  Swap in a grenade launcher or flame thrower.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #18 on: <04-15-14/1147:25> »
Not the right time for an under barrel chainsaw?

As if there's ever a wrong time for an under-barrel chainsaw!    :D
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <04-15-14/1157:07> »
There's a time when an under barrel chainsaw isn't right?  :o
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #20 on: <04-15-14/1223:06> »

Yes. When you need to add the underbarrel flamethrower to add a bit of extra oomph for taking care of that pesky vampire that thinks its an actual threat.

Then, once it's on fire, you switch back to the underbarrel chainsaw, name the vampire Butter, and demonstrate the chainsaw through hot butter saying.
« Last Edit: <04-15-14/1229:57> by SlowDeck »
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #21 on: <04-15-14/1327:11> »
Or swap in your underbarrel bolo launcher to fire your boom bolos at some poor schmuck.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #22 on: <04-15-14/1340:57> »

Yes. When you need to add the underbarrel flamethrower to add a bit of extra oomph for taking care of that pesky vampire that thinks its an actual threat.

Then, once it's on fire, you switch back to the underbarrel chainsaw, name the vampire Butter, and demonstrate the chainsaw through hot butter saying.

And no one points out that its "a hot knife through butter" not "a knife through hot butter" because holy shit you just lit that guy on fire and then mutilated him and we should maybe be anywhere but near you you crazy sonuvabitch.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <04-15-14/1353:20> »

And no one points out that its "a hot knife through butter" not "a knife through hot butter" because holy shit you just lit that guy on fire and then mutilated him and we should maybe be anywhere but near you you crazy sonuvabitch.

Sometimes the Notoriety is worth it.  ;D
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

DeathEatsCurry

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <04-15-14/1723:38> »
The Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle, hands down. Not only is the illustration absolutely amazing, it functions as a pretty strong anti-materiel "sniper" of sorts. The erroneous 12F availability is just icing on the cake!

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <04-15-14/1834:17> »
The Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle, hands down. Not only is the illustration absolutely amazing, it functions as a pretty strong anti-materiel "sniper" of sorts. The erroneous 12F availability is just icing on the cake!

If only the power packs weren't 14F we might actually be able to get some use out of it.   ;)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-15-14/2020:57> »
Well, the gun's not supposed to be listed as 12F.  It's supposed to be 24F, as listed on the compiled tables.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #27 on: <04-16-14/0354:28> »
Shame. Especially since the AM-47 is a mere 14F, and with APDS it has the same stats. I know what weapon I'll be advising to the Missions Rigger who has to keep her Steel Lynx out of the frontline now.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-16-14/1713:02> »
Shame. Especially since the AM-47 is a mere 14F, and with APDS it has the same stats. I know what weapon I'll be advising to the Missions Rigger who has to keep her Steel Lynx out of the frontline now.

I told my players that I had an idea for a pair of Thunderstrucks mounted to turrets, armed with flare ammunition.  The guns wouldn't pop out and fire until the players were precisely at 61 meters range.  They immediately got a little pale and asked why 61 meters?  Then I explained that the flare detonates at 60 meters, so they'd be caught in the burst of fire.  I don't think they'll be buying any Thunderstruck rifles.  :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #29 on: <04-16-14/1757:57> »
Flare ammunition? You can buy different ammo-types for Gauss Rifles, and not just default Assault Cannon rounds?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!