Gun H(e)aven 3 Errata

• 65 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #45 on: <02-11-14/0633:19> »
We'll find out when Run&Gun gets out.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #46 on: <02-11-14/0922:45> »
Not surprising you didn't know what I meant though.  I don't know how I got 'metal storm' as the name for them, but that's now what any character I make that uses them will refer to them as.

Oh right.  That's just for flavor, really.  The big difference is that unlike other weapons fed with the (m) mechanism, you can reload the whole thing at once, like a (c) mechanism.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <02-11-14/1014:37> »
The electronic firing mechanism was something from 4th edition Arsenal.  It just removes the physical trigger mechanism, and does nothing in terms of game mechanics.

It provides a point of RC, as well as a -1 pool penalty to sound-based Perception checks to hear the gun.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <02-11-14/1043:13> »
The electronic firing mechanism was something from 4th edition Arsenal.  It just removes the physical trigger mechanism, and does nothing in terms of game mechanics.

It provides a point of RC, as well as a -1 pool penalty to sound-based Perception checks to hear the gun.

????  Bwahahahahaha.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #49 on: <02-11-14/1106:09> »
That was its SR4 effect, and I assume it will be the same in SR5. Which stacks with silencers, so if they still give internal silencers a higher penalty, we're talking a -7 on Perception tests to score 2 hits. :)

I recall the RC didn't stack with Personalized Grip, though.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <02-11-14/1114:18> »
Oh I get that it was the effect in SR4, I just never played SR4 and so that was pretty amusing - being the first time I've read it.

I'm not sure how the hammer striking a metal pin striking a brass  - you know, scratch that.  There isn't even a brass casing to strike since SR ammo is caseless, but anyway, how that removal reduces the chance to hear the 'bang' part.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #51 on: <02-11-14/1119:29> »
Not all SR ammo is caseless, but yes, Runners tend to use caseless ammo, and EF only works with caseless. The effect on the perception test would be that the propellant is discharged in a different way (namely through an electric charge) and as a result causes less of a bang.

And seriously, don't bring realism into it. >_> Suspension of disbelief shouldn't be cancelled for a simple weapon modification with a small effect, realism lawyers and rule lawyers both shouldn't play RPGs.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <02-11-14/1121:26> »
I'm not trying to argue it should be different, just remarking that it's funny. :)

And it's weird you say don't go all 'realism' while trying to point out why the effect is potentially real.

samoth

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <02-11-14/1224:51> »
It makes no sense considering the sound of a gunshot isn't released to the brass casing, but the explosive primer and gunpowder ignition.  It's just more crunch, which is OK since it's a pretty abstracted game.

ubergeek2012

• Newb
« Reply #54 on: <02-11-14/1256:44> »
Wasn't what I meant, I meant the 'Arms Rain' guns.  The ones with the bullets in the barrels that you replace.

Not surprising you didn't know what I meant though.  I don't know how I got 'metal storm' as the name for them, but that's now what any character I make that uses them will refer to them as.

You probably got it from the name of the company/tech that the guns are based on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Storm

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #55 on: <02-11-14/1335:04> »
also for errata, the blurb entry for the shiawase arms monsoon seems highly confused about the rigger's gender. might want to clear up whether the rigger in question is male or female, as it is stated as being both!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <02-12-14/1212:29> »
It's 2014.  It could be both.  And that's ok.  Also, Shadowrun's tumblr page will be buried in knee-jerk hate if anyone says otherwise.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #57 on: <02-12-14/1246:03> »
It's 2014.  It could be both.  And that's ok.  Also, Shadowrun's tumblr page will be buried in knee-jerk hate if anyone says otherwise.

LOL with the rules from Attitude and Augmentation, it certainly seems like biotech allows all kinds of strange-ass things to happen.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #58 on: <02-12-14/1310:32> »
I know the essence cost of a gender change, but not sure what it costs to have both...

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #59 on: <02-18-14/1010:48> »
I know the essence cost of a gender change, but not sure what it costs to have both...
Gender isn't always binary, even at a genetic level.  Nothing saying that someone couldn't - within the same scope of gender modification - have their biology modified to a point where they exhibit many biological traits of both a man and woman.