NEWS

Rigger 5 and number of auto softs

• 7 Replies

忍

« on: <03-30-16/1150:25> »
I seem to recall that rigger 5 changed drones so that they can use number of autosofts equal to their pilot. Am I hallucinating? If not does anyone know the page number?

adzling

« Reply #1 on: <03-30-16/1157:46> »
you are correct, however that change was apparently deleted in error during editing and the only reference to it came from the freelancer author, Wakshani.

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <03-30-16/1235:08> »
*eyeroll*
Thanks adzling

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-30-16/1527:21> »
It was supposed to be in the same section that restricts autosoft ratings to the rating of the device they're running on. The ability to run [Pilot] number of autosofts was a change to offset the now limited rating.

&#24525;

« Reply #4 on: <03-30-16/1641:19> »
How do y'all feel about meeting in the middle? You can run max of [pilot] number of programs. Rating is irrelevant but you can only run a total of [pilot]^2 in ratings. Such as a pilot 3 running a rating 6 and a rating 3 in autosofts. Regular programs without  rating could just be rating 1.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-30-16/1653:48> »
Works as a house rule, for sure. Might want to make it Rating * 3, as under the Core book rules a Rating 6 drone could run 3 x Rating 6 programs and under the Rigger 5 rules the same drone could run 6 x Rating 6 programs, whereas under your house rule you could only run 2x Rating 6... never mind, you squared Pilot, didn't you.

So a Rating 1 device could only ever run a single Rating 1 program, and a Rating 6 device could run 6x Rating 6 programs. A rating 2 device could run 1 rating 4 program or 4 rating 1s, and so on.

I like the versatility, but I've always disliked more math, so I'd just stick to the Rigger 5 rules especially since a drone slaved to an RCC can use the higher device rating of the RCC for purposes of max rating.

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #6 on: <03-30-16/1847:33> »
Point of Note Rigger 5.0 does make it so an RCC can share any level of Autosoft with any drone. Meaning your Pilot 3 drone can be running Autosofts levels 6 as long as the RCC has the share spot available. This means you can get and RCC and share out weapons (by weapon model), maneuver (by drone model), and clearsite making most drone rolles 9 off the shelf instead of 6. This makes buying 4 off the shelf drones as a swarm rigger/decker a lot more useful. They still get destroyed in a 1 drone vs 1 drone fight with a jump-in adept rigger using his stats instead of autosofts but it makes them a decent alternate weapon.
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-30-16/2215:16> »
That's another thing clarified by Wakshaani, Clayton; RCCs are also bound by the device rating = max program rating limitation. Of course, it's not RAW since that's not actually in the book, just like the pilot rating = max number of autosofts, but it's confirmed RAI by the writer, so make of that what you will.