NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #210 on: <07-19-15/1134:06> »
I'm not entirely sure why people are getting a UAC prompt, so I'll be looking into that. The .net surprise update was mostly just a miscommunication; I was discussing it with the other dev, he added it in on his merge, and I didn't take any notice of the change. We're fiddling with a way to implement a legacy mode that won't use the new features, but given that the only OS that is limited to .Net 4 is now officially End-of-Lifed, eh. The cool/cheaper things we can do with the new features carry more weight than supporting legacy XP boxes, to my mind. Anyway, next release might have support for .net 4 again. Sorry again for not communicating it to you guys earlier.

Those issues you raised shouldn't be particularly difficult to sort out spellbinder, I'll have them put in to the next release.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #211 on: <07-19-15/1959:52> »
For me the UAC started with version 170.0, while 169 didn't have it.  Hopefully that'll give you an idea where to start looking.

And thanks so much for your work.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #212 on: <07-20-15/0050:10> »
I don't do this personally, so I don't know the details, but is .NET 4.5.1 supported by non-windows versions of .NET (Mono/Wine)? That's the only issue I can see - people still on XP need every push they can get to ditch it, but OSX and Linux users could be affected if the emulators get broken.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #213 on: <07-20-15/0135:45> »
Mono support actually broke a fair while back, apparently. The previous dev was looking into it, but it's not something I've put a lot of thought into as yet. Anyway, looks like there's something janky with the app manifest that's causing the UAC prompt. Shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #214 on: <07-23-15/0806:17> »
So, question for Chummer and programming in general newbs like myself. Once you have the base Chummer put into a folder and running normally, where is the correct location to add the extra files from the Run Faster and Shadow Spells updates so that they will load correctly? I placed them into the data folder, but that does not seem to be working.

Thanks for the assistance!
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #215 on: <07-23-15/0844:43> »
They go in the Data folder, but you then have to enable the specific book in Tools > Options. If you're using my version of the application, all Run Faster and Shadow Spells content has already been added.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #216 on: <07-23-15/0907:11> »
@Chummer 5 is Alive

Could you post a current link to your version in your signature? That would really cut down my search time  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #217 on: <07-23-15/1148:56> »
Awesome, that totally worked. Thanks man!

Next question: I have found out how to enable Quickening in the improvements tab. You can then go to the sells selection and select spells to Quicken. Is there a way to set the numeric variables for things like Increase Attribute when quickened?
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #218 on: <07-25-15/1435:32> »
With weapons when you add a modification to a pre-installed accessory the cost is not reflected in the weapon's price.  For example when I add vision modification to the internal smartgun system that comes with the Ares Sigma 3 the price should go up 250 but it doesn't.  I believe it is due to the "part of base weapon" flag.  Currently I just make a note and adjust the funds once in career mode. 

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #219 on: <07-27-15/1502:13> »
The karma discount from Jack of All Trades was working in 1.169 but it seems as though it no longer is in subsequent versions.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #220 on: <07-29-15/0035:22> »
Next version should have that fixed, Kincaid.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #221 on: <07-29-15/0158:05> »
Could we get a check box on the qualities form to hide metagenetic qualities?  There is a check box to hide non-metagenetic qualities but it would be nice to be able to do the opposite if you aren't going to be  changeling.  Thanks.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #222 on: <07-29-15/0206:05> »
I second that request.  Unless your are playing that, its a lot of drek to sift through. 

Great job on the program.  Thank you for all you've done.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #223 on: <07-29-15/0818:46> »
Next version should have that fixed, Kincaid.

Awesome, thanks!  It also seems as though the karma discount from JoaT was never applied to Knowledge and Language skills, just active skills.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #224 on: <09-10-15/1255:16> »
So I've got most of my campaign characters built in 5.139, would really like to update to 5.173, but when I just did a standard install of 5.173 it wouldn't read my old files.

The idea of having to re-enter all my old notes regarding Karma and Nuyen gains and expenditures makes me grumpy, is there any way to just import my old character file into the new Chummer?