NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #195 on: <07-07-15/1144:12> »
Can genemods and symbionts be improved through grades?  It also appears as though biocompatible costs are available for cyberware grades, but not bioware grades.  Unhandled exceptions occur with soft nanohives and Holdout Pistol [Cyber Implant Weapon].
« Last Edit: <07-07-15/1206:49> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #196 on: <07-07-15/1527:25> »
I'm pretty sure C5iA is doing that. The latest version pulled in the Data Trails stuff from Iridios (probably with some minor modifications, but it should all be there). I don't know that anyone has done the Chrome Flesh stuff yet, but it probably won't be too long.

If you are having problems, you should remove everything and start fresh with the latest Chummer 5A and NOT add any community content. That might be what is hosing it for you since it is all already included. If someone (usually Iridios) does Chrome Flesh (or any future content), you can add those until C5iA includes them, then be sure to manually pull the ones you added so they don't conflict. Just keep an eye on the release notes so you know when that happens.
Started over from scratch, added nothing, selected all books, created a new character... no PACKs. Not even gear PACKs.
Still an improvement, functionally, but... also still not complete (IMO, of course).

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #197 on: <07-07-15/1534:11> »
Can genemods and symbionts be improved through grades?  It also appears as though biocompatible costs are available for cyberware grades, but not bioware grades.  Unhandled exceptions occur with soft nanohives and Holdout Pistol [Cyber Implant Weapon].
The issue with the Cyber Hold-Out is due to a typo in the cybernetics list; a lower case 'o' in the name of the weapon called by the implant (the cyberweapon calls on a "Cyber Hold-out" but the actual weapon is labeled as "Cyber Hold-Out" instead; it is case sensitive).  This is an old issue that crept back up for me as well since I last updated the cyberware.xml file for Chrome Flesh.

In looking at the Biocompatibility qualities (and seeing they, and many qualities from Chrome Flesh, are also listed twice in the qualities.xml file) I noticed that they're missing code to grant a discount:

<bonus><cyberwareessmultiplier>90</cyberwareessmultiplier></bonus>
<bonus><biowareessmultiplier>90</biowareessmultiplier></bonus>

Also noticed an issue with the hard nanohive and smartskin as well as the soft nanohive; it's coming from the use of braces in the calculation for the item's Availability and the braces must be removed to clear this.  Braces are used in Capacity only, and to tell Chummer whether or not an item has capacity (like cybereyes) or uses it (like a cyberweapon).

Genetech and symbiots previously were not available in grades like cyberware and bioware, and likely are not still.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #198 on: <07-08-15/0007:23> »
Started over from scratch, added nothing, selected all books, created a new character... no PACKs. Not even gear PACKs.
Still an improvement, functionally, but... also still not complete (IMO, of course).
Is there a community file that has PACKS that is known to work well? I haven't seen one, though I do remember a discussion a while ago about how limitations in the program prevented many of the packs from being added using just data files. The conversation (and a link to some - possibly incomplete - files) can be found here earlier in this thread. I don't know if the files will work with the newer builds of Chummer (or at all), but you can certainly try them. I suspect there is a good reason why they haven't been included in the official Chummer release, but C5iA will have to answer that question - it's possible he just hadn't noticed they were available.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #199 on: <07-14-15/0940:45> »
Glad I found this, since I was working with an OLD Chummer 5 for a long time.

Noticed shapeshifters were still missing, and since I play a vulpine...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10082925/RP/Shadowrun/Shadowrun%205/Chummer5/data/Custom_Shapechanger_XMLs.zip

Things to note:
-Karma cost for priority/sum to ten is not 'hard' implemented.  You'll find positive qualities called [animal] surcharge that cost the right amount. (if someone knows how to make Chummer exclude them from the 25 Karma maximum, please tell me and I will change them accordingly)
-Similarly, natural weapons need to be added manually under the street gear/weapons tab.  Cost and availability have been set to 0.
There is a negative quality called "NOT uneducated" which COSTS 8 karma, and thus counts as a 'rebate' to the 25 karma maximum.  I decided this was ok, since the rules explicitly allow replacing 'uneducated' with one or more qualities of similar value, OR pay for it with 'hard karma'
-Similarly, non-human shapes are available as positive qualities.  So far I only went for the 'standard' meta-types (Dwarf, Elf, Orc, Troll), but if someone wants a specific meta-variant, I will gladly update the files for them.  (It's A LOT of work adding them all, and I'm not sure all that many players go this route?)  These, too, count towards the 25 karma maximum. Not sure how to make Chummer ignore them... (see above)

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #200 on: <07-14-15/1136:17> »
Sadly Chummer5 isn't built at the foundation level to actually handle shifters as they are in SR5 as all shifters have two Attribute profiles after character creation that you must keep track of and pay karma for separately to improve.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #201 on: <07-14-15/1334:30> »
Anyone else just lose the biocompatability versions of 'ware?

MawileParty

• Newb
« Reply #202 on: <07-14-15/1636:16> »
I'd love to see a Life-Modules character creation mode added, but I'm guessing that's not much of a priority (no pun intended)

I noticed that there are attribute qualities for infected, but I haven't been able to figure out how to actually make infected characters (or make an existing character infected). Is it possible, or are the qualities just floating around?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #203 on: <07-14-15/2349:18> »
Wish I could say, as Chummer5.170.1 now requires Administrative access on my computer where it didn't before, and stops working almost right away.

MawileParty

• Newb
« Reply #204 on: <07-15-15/0036:12> »
Wish I could say, as Chummer5.170.1 now requires Administrative access on my computer where it didn't before, and stops working almost right away.

I just tried the new version. There isn't any Life-Module creation in it from what  can see, nor is it mentioned in the update notes.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to unlock it under global options first. But almost all the modules are missing, and it doesn't seem to go past Teen years.

Also found this in the lifemodule.xml 

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe make Rick Astley my mentor spirit.

Post-Addition: I can't seem to get the Proto-Transhuman quality to work correctly, is anyone else having this problem?
« Last Edit: <07-15-15/0221:59> by MawileParty »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #205 on: <07-15-15/0601:12> »
I couldn't find control rig booster from chrome flesh. (I find the bioware stuff... any tips?)

MawileParty

• Newb
« Reply #206 on: <07-15-15/1745:50> »
I couldn't find control rig booster from chrome flesh. (I find the bioware stuff... any tips?)

I believe its listed under nanoware.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #207 on: <07-15-15/1827:45> »
Oh hey, the forums decided to let me log in again. Neat.

I suspect there is a good reason why they haven't been included in the official Chummer release, but C5iA will have to answer that question - it's possible he just hadn't noticed they were available.
Honestly, the last time I tried to use those files I wound up having to gut about 80% of it and rewrite the rest, and then a recalcitrant hard drive decided to flip some bits and die. Getting PACKs going again is on the list, but it's a relatively low priority.
Anyone else just lose the biocompatability versions of 'ware?
They're no longer necessary; the guy I got the Chrome Flesh data from didn't realise that you could use a certain key to discount the grades directly. That said, I think I need to do some rework on the math, as apparently Biocompatibility is now a 10% modifier to the cyberware grade instead of the base Essence cost.
I'd love to see a Life-Modules character creation mode added, but I'm guessing that's not much of a priority (no pun intended)

I noticed that there are attribute qualities for infected, but I haven't been able to figure out how to actually make infected characters (or make an existing character infected). Is it possible, or are the qualities just floating around?
Infected are sadly still a work in progress. Chummer wasn't built to have a cascading set of optional powers that are attached directly to the metatype and changing that is its own cascade of failure, so I have to mess about with qualities. As a bonus you get a handy reminder in your quality list of the Infected options you took. I'll have it cleaned up for release, but I got a bit distracted with the shiny chrome ball.
Appears not to have been added. I haven't had a lot of time to go through the data and fix all the broken/missing stuff as yet.

I just tried the new version. There isn't any Life-Module creation in it from what  can see, nor is it mentioned in the update notes.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to unlock it under global options first. But almost all the modules are missing, and it doesn't seem to go past Teen years.

Also found this in the lifemodule.xml 

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe make Rick Astley my mentor spirit.

Post-Addition: I can't seem to get the Proto-Transhuman quality to work correctly, is anyone else having this problem?
Life Modules are currently in a basic test phase, which is why they need to be enabled in the options. When we get to the full release it'll be a default option. I need to redo the documentation from the other guy, but the basic way that Life Modules work is through Stages and Modules. Stages are your Formative Years, Nationality, Teen Years, etc. We currently only have the first three defined, because data entry is tedious. For each Stage you're able to select a Module, from which there may be several Versions. This is for things like UCAS(Canada) or what have you. Life Modules will also pregenerate a background story for your character in the Background field, which can use whatever key you feel like entering as a data source. So you can use <metatype><random><ork><troll></random></metatype>, enter $METATYPE into the Story field when you're writing up the life module entry, and it will randomly select either the ork or troll. It's pretty neat. Translation support is gonna be interesting though.

Prototype Transhuman is just a placeholder, it doesn't have an associated bonus yet. There should be an Essence Antihole item you can use to emulate it though. I think I'll build something into the UI that marks placeholders in red or something.
« Last Edit: <07-15-15/1843:59> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #208 on: <07-16-15/1208:14> »
Build 171:
Application Change:

Fixed an issue with Priority characters not loading properly. Malformed XML file.
Data Change:

Accuracy for the Cougar Fine Blades altered.
Chakram weapon added.
The PPSK-4 has had a Collapsed Frame accessory added to it that confers -6 Concealability to represent the collapsible box thing you can put it in. Accessory mods can also no longer be installed on the gun.
Blowgun range changed.
Sound suppressor added to the Barret.
Missing Ammo from Run and Gun added.
Skilljacks and Skillwires have had their costs adjusted to match Chrome Flesh values, because apparently errata isn't a thing that's done these days.
Wireless Skillsoft Networks have been added as Lifestyle Qualities. Yes, Advanced Lifestyles are still a little broken. It's on the list.
IMPORTANT NOTE:.NET 4.5.1 IS CURRENTLY A REQUIRED COMPONENT. CHUMMER WILL CRASH ON VERSIONS BELOW 4.5.1.

We're looking at a way to maintain some level of backwards support for .Net 4, but the new things we can do are neat so we want to keep them. Best case scenario we find a convenient way to mass-deploy a second chummer executable that doesn't use any of the new 4.5.1 code.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #209 on: <07-19-15/0210:22> »
Guess from here on out administrative access is going to be the norm for Chummer5, but at least knowing that .NET needed to be updated fixed the the crash issue that appeared.  I'm not opposed to updating as necessary, just updating for the sake of updating.  If there's neat things that can be added to Chummer5 as a result then I welcome the change.

* Still limited to a skill group level of 6 when "Ignore Character Creation Rules" is checked.
* The entry for the Holdout Pistol in Cyberwear.xml is still calling upon a "Cyber Hold-out" when the actual weapon is called a "Cyber Hold-Out" (note the capital "O").
* Still hoping for the house rule Essence Discounter like the old Chummer has.