NEWS

Question about vehicle weapons

• 5 Replies

PingGuy

• Newb
« on: <09-14-18/0940:01> »
If I understand correctly, drones can be told to do things by sending them a message.  "Fly over there" or "Alert me if this sensor goes off" or "Fire your weapon at this target"  They will then do those things to the best of their dog-brain ability until you tell them otherwise.

I was also under the impression that you could do the same for vehicles.  "Use GridGuide to get to this location" or "Open the trunk"

Can you also tell a vehicle to shoot at something, like you would with a drone?  Or do you have to remote control the weapon on your action?  If it can shoot on its own, what does it roll?  Pilot plus something?

Did I go off the rails somewhere with my assumptions?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <09-14-18/0946:19> »
Vehicles are sort of Drones. As far as Autosofts and RCCs are concerned, vehicles are treated as drones and can be employed with the same rules. This is mentioned in the rigger section of core, 'from now on we'll use drones for drones+vehicles'. Only exception is Drone Modification vs Vehicle Modification in Rigger 5.0.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-14-18/1019:00> »
Awesome, thanks!

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-15-18/0127:54> »
If you are trying to get the vehicle to actually hit anything, though, you should invest in decent Targeting autosofts. And a solid pilot rating on top, because that limits the rating of the autosoft (at least it still does in the Catalyst Version, doesn't it?) it can use. To increase the chances of your vehicle to cause damage, you should look at running a sensor scan first - it's in the Core rigger chapter.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #4 on: <09-15-18/0326:52> »
A vehicle is just a drone with manual controls installed
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <09-15-18/0331:26> »
If you are trying to get the vehicle to actually hit anything, though, you should invest in decent Targeting autosofts. And a solid pilot rating on top, because that limits the rating of the autosoft (at least it still does in the Catalyst Version, doesn't it?) it can use. To increase the chances of your vehicle to cause damage, you should look at running a sensor scan first - it's in the Core rigger chapter.
Just RCC the car for some decent Autosofts streamed to it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!