NEWS

Neo-Tokyo SRM: Tone/Threat levels

• 4 Replies

prophet42

• Newb
  • Financial Prognosticator
« on: <08-18-18/0216:05> »
Some chummers & I are playing around with concepts & one of them asked if I had any clue about the the general feel for the first couple of the Neo-Tokyo missions.

Admitting that I had no clue, I thought I'd ask around here.

If you've played any of the early N-T missions, what was your feel for the tone?

Combat heavy? 
A lot of morally questionable decisions?
Tons of wire-fu in the streets?

Inquiring minds want to know...
If its not fun, then why are you doing it?

mbisber

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-18-18/1321:17> »
Combat heavy? 
A lot of morally questionable decisions?
Tons of wire-fu in the streets?
I have played all of the first year Missions. All prospective Missions players for Neo-Tokyo should read the FAQ here in this site carefully.

However, given that, character design is ultimately long-term rather than just for the one Year. Create the character that you want to play now, and ensure that there are things that your character can grow with or into.

Moral questions and decisions set the tone for many of the Tokyo Missions. Players should endeavor to get all of the characters at your table onto the same page. If not, then all in the group easily could gain 10 Notoriety and 10 Public Awareness in due course! And, be careful of your SIN!!

Yes, there can be some heavy combat. But, be very careful (see above).

prophet42

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-18-18/1556:03> »
Thanks - pretty much the advice I was seeking.

fwiw, the crew I run with is working to have many of the runners be part of a band.

prophet42

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-21-18/1126:13> »
A followup question, based on an earlier comment.

Regarding SINs - how much trouble would I be in if I opted to have a National level SIN?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-21-18/1134:28> »
A followup question, based on an earlier comment.

Regarding SINs - how much trouble would I be in if I opted to have a National level SIN?

That answer is probably the same for Neo-Tokyo as it is for everywhere else:  You better be good at not leaving behind incriminating evidence at your Shadowruns.  And like everyone else in Neo-Tokyo, you better have your lifestyles tied to good fake SINs so you don't have NTMP waiting for you at your door when you're coming home from Stuffer Shack.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.