NEWS

Parazoology out now!

• 31 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <03-12-11/2300:33> »
Let's just say that I suggested I give her the same treatment I've given my other characters, and no one felt sorry for her.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #16 on: <03-13-11/1146:16> »
I think the Vorpal Beaver might give Drop-Bears a run for their money.

I say with complete certainty that you sir are wrong.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #17 on: <03-13-11/1449:21> »
I hope to have some fun with Slamm-0! down the line.  Him and Bull aren't exactly on the same page as far as what being a Decker/Hacker means.  For even more fun, we need a "3rd generation" Shadowtalker to play with, someone really young.  Bull's in his 40's, Slammo's in his late 20's...  We need a 16 year old punk that the two of them can both be irritated with :)
The problem is there being a good reason for a 16 year old punk to be on Fastjack's proverbial "list," good enough to be on Jackpoint.

There are times I really, really, miss the much-less-exclusive shadowtalker days.

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <03-14-11/1137:32> »
And now another episode of Leave It to Vorpal Beaver. Starring Hugh Beaumont as "Oh God, they're everywhere!", Barbra Billingsly as "My eyes! They're eating my eyes!" and Jerry Mathers as the horror which haunts the souls of men.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

Wesley Street

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <03-14-11/1206:54> »
There are times I really, really, miss the much-less-exclusive shadowtalker days.

That could easily be solved by bringing in more guest posters. The precedent is already there: Change Agent, Zoned, and DefCon5 in Feral Cities, Nuyen Nick and Facet in Runner Havens, Khan-a-Saur in Seattle 2072...

What I don't want to see is a return to the unfunny "in-joke" posters that plagued 3E. Dr. Evil ("Sharks with frikkin' lasers on their heads?") and Neo ("There is no spoon.") are the worst offenders but there were others.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #20 on: <03-14-11/1347:50> »

That could easily be solved by bringing in more guest posters. The precedent is already there: Change Agent, Zoned, and DefCon5 in Feral Cities, Nuyen Nick and Facet in Runner Havens, Khan-a-Saur in Seattle 2072...

What I don't want to see is a return to the unfunny "in-joke" posters that plagued 3E. Dr. Evil ("Sharks with frikkin' lasers on their heads?") and Neo ("There is no spoon.") are the worst offenders but there were others.
Except the Hong Kong Cavaliers from Shadows of Asia. They can appear whenever they want. ;)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #21 on: <03-14-11/1406:56> »

Oh, trust me, we are.  And it was at least halfway from me harping at Jason about it, I think.   ;D
Yeah, none of us wants that.  A little humor is a good thing (and necessary, I'd argue, just because playing games is supposed to be fun)...but not quite to that extent.

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <03-14-11/1612:42> »
Yeah, none of us wants that.  A little humor is a good thing (and necessary, I'd argue, just because playing games is supposed to be fun)...but not quite to that extent.

Just keep the "jokes" in the shadowrun setting. Instead of relying on movies or jokes which is based on current RL events, then they need to be grounded in the setting of the game, then they are perfectly valid and funny :)
-Frag you and the hog you rode in on.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-14-11/1857:03> »
I don't think it's telling tales out of school to mention that there is a whole slew of canon 4E Helix posters from the French and German SR books/translations. Some of them are really cool, too.

As far as I can tell, Seattle 2072 is supposed to be a ShadowSea file instead of JackPoint. I actually like what Steve Kenson did in that book a lot.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <03-14-11/1906:05> »

Just keep the "jokes" in the shadowrun setting. Instead of relying on movies or jokes which is based on current RL events, then they need to be grounded in the setting of the game, then they are perfectly valid and funny :)
Pop Culture references age badly.  Very badly.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #25 on: <03-14-11/1922:48> »

Pop Culture references age badly.  Very badly.
They sure yabba-dabba-do.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-14-11/2029:41> »
Hey, Transmetropolitan's not dated!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #27 on: <03-14-11/2105:41> »

It is a little, actually.  It's also not really pop culture, because it's too much of a niche.  ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #28 on: <03-14-11/2231:48> »
It is a little, actually.  It's also not really pop culture, because it's too much of a niche.  ;)
A lot of the issues it deals with are almost as old as recorded history, so it's hard for all of it to get dated.  Some of it, yeah.

I was introduced to it Post-9/11, so I had to keep looking at the date it was published, wondering how this wasn't getting censored and such...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #29 on: <03-15-11/1853:23> »
also known as a bad tempered organic woodchipper?
Want to see my flash new jacket?