Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign GM chat

Origins - Neo Tokyo

(1/4) > >>

Slamm-O!:
What did everything think of the new SRMs ? Any reviews ?

Captain Marge:
They were thoroughly enjoyable! I and several of my compatriots managed to run the missions in chronological order and they all hung together really well. From the initial opening adventure which did a great job introducing the players to the setting and the heavy hitters, throughout the series where folks took a shine (or a disliking) to certain NPCs, to the end where all the choices made in the earlier games added up to a great, tense finale, it was all top notch!

Our ridiculous Elven sky pirates were a hoot to play (and hopefully fun for others to play alongside), we're all really looking forward to Origins 2019!

Slamm-O!:
Elven sky pirates ? I have to hear more of this team. 

Thanks for the run down.  I don't think I've heard of anyone running the full gambit of season 9 so far.  Any rough spots for Deckers, and or Riggers ? Previous seasons we've had the wilderness adventure with no 'net and drones running out of juice in the wilds. 

evilaustintom:

--- Quote from: Captain Marge on ---They were thoroughly enjoyable! I and several of my compatriots managed to run the missions in chronological order and they all hung together really well. From the initial opening adventure which did a great job introducing the players to the setting and the heavy hitters, throughout the series where folks took a shine (or a disliking) to certain NPCs, to the end where all the choices made in the earlier games added up to a great, tense finale, it was all top notch!

Our ridiculous Elven sky pirates were a hoot to play (and hopefully fun for others to play alongside), we're all really looking forward to Origins 2019!

--- End quote ---

I concur...both with the fun scenarios, and the elven sky pirates - particularly in the Caribbean!

Candyman
Fixer and Fence

mbisber:
I knew there would be player issues regarding the Neo-Tokyo protocols, so I played all eight CMPs first, then SRM01 Sunday.

The GMs were as good as in previous years, despite turnover; but I thought the Modules themselves were, on average, better written overall.

I did not like that some GMs requested player Edge rolls, as many as 15-20 per Module, rather than straight Skill rolls, whether the character was rolling 5D or 20D. I don't recall these rolls in previous seasons.

I suppose, as expected, players managed to flub lots of Etiquette, and, acquired lots of Notoriety and Public Awareness, even in the CMPs by ... misguided... actions.

I had a good time, but was getting frustrated by player/characters with low Social Skills asking and flubbing key questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version