NEWS

Good books?

• 4 Replies

GoodChummer

• Newb
« on: <07-09-14/0343:14> »
Howdy, I'm new to Shadowrun and I've been running a game for a few months now, Fifth Edition. I love the universe and all the history I've picked up here and on the various wikis. I'm wondering though, with so few books out for 5E what the best/easiest to transfer forward are to help flesh out the world. I'll be buying R&G and the Street Grimoire soon, so I'm looking more for in world situations, major players, etc. We run in Seattle, if that helps.
Thanks!

SirValeq

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-09-14/0731:51> »
I'll give you the answer I once got after asking the same thing: start with 4th edition books. That means Sixth World Almanac, Seattle 2072 and Storm Front. It's much easier to move forward when you know exactly where to start and what that starting line looks like.

GoodChummer

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-09-14/1520:36> »
Awesome, thank you!

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-09-14/2042:53> »
Both the 6th world Almanac and Seattle 2072 are both great detail books for fleshing out the world. Since neither one really has any rules in it they aren't effected by the edition change either.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #4 on: <07-10-14/0125:37> »
... start with 1st edition books if you can.  Probably not, but ... evolution matters.  And it will help you immensely.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.