NEWS

WAR" whats it good for

• 3 Replies

a very angery werefox

« on: <08-15-13/0251:50> »
hey o im intrested in running a WAR campine an had this idea of the players being hired by the vatican an helping them keep a foot hold in wartorn  amazonia. mostly protecting aid centers and escourting supplys til they get hit hard by aztlan . was wondering whats fair to throw at them(more then not likely not airstrikes or landmines) what kinda enemys are fair. o and theres flesh eating trees and a ranagade great dragon. but what can i ues that a team can beat but can still be in danger. they wold mostlikely have a apc and some other gear . anything will help.thank you for your time

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <08-15-13/2106:57> »
The WAR! sourcebook (http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/products-page/deep-shadows-sourcebooks/war/) from previous edition is the resource you are looking for. It talks specifically about a wartime campaign.
P A L L A D I O N

a very angery werefox

« Reply #2 on: <08-15-13/2144:03> »
got that book. im just asking advice on fair encounters. theres few mercs and soliders but they seem very cookie cutter.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-15-13/2147:00> »
got that book. im just asking advice on fair encounters. theres few mercs and soliders but they seem very cookie cutter.

The mercs and soldiers in there are pretty good actually. Heck the Expeditionary Soldier is a good one to use as a base for a former military character to get an idea of what skills and attributes you need and such (there's one attribute that needs to go up by 1 though if I remember right, so he's at least average in it).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen