NEWS

Weapons World AmmoNation Arms Expo, 2071!

• 2 Replies

HarshRhettoric

• Newb
« on: <04-21-14/0832:46> »
I alluded to it elsewhere, but I am in the process of writing a catalog for the Weapons World AmmoNation Arms Expo, 2071.  This will be loosely patterned after the Street Samurai Catalog, and the now defunct Independence Arms offerings.

If you have a dynamite idea for a weapon, or even an A or AA corporation that sounds interesting that might make a piece of gear, you can add it to this post or PM me.  I need the gear, what it does, what you think it should cost, and whether you want to be credited with your forum name or your real name.

Some things to consider:
This is a catalog for security professionals, merc outfits and militaries, it is being ported to the shadow community.  By all means, get crazy.  Security solutions?  Check.  Countermeasures?  Check.  I'd like to keep it rooted tot he physical world for the moment, though I may come out with a Matrix and Magical version later.

Disclaimers: 

1.  Your gear might not make the cut.  Sorry in advance. 
2.  This is a completely not-for-profit, fan-made thing.  It will be as professional as I can make it, but probably won't look like a sourcebook.
3.  I may have to edit your gear for exploits, wonky rules interactions, etc.  Sorry in advance, even the most radical revisions will still be credited to you.  If you REALLY want me to, I would be happy to remove your gear from a later version of this catalog.
4.  I'd like to do one of these per year til the well runs dry.
Have you ever had a dream where you were standing on a pyramid in sort-of sun god robes with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing pickles at you?

Why am I the only one that has that dream?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <04-21-14/1239:32> »
Good idea.  Because it's being set up for 2071, will it have alternate rules for 4th and 5th editions?  Or will it focus on only one edition?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

HarshRhettoric

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-21-14/1938:19> »
Honestly, probably 5th.  I like the system a lot more.  I have the book from 4th, but I never got to play it.
Have you ever had a dream where you were standing on a pyramid in sort-of sun god robes with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing pickles at you?

Why am I the only one that has that dream?