NEWS

Calling All Browncoats!

• 222 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-19-10/1159:02> »
That was one of the cool things about the series:  the characters.  They seemed to be real people stuck in those extraordinary times just trying to make it, and not great and noble Starfleet Officers (tm).  They were far more approachable.

BTW, did anyone see the one Halloween episode of Castle where Nathan Fillion puts on his old Malcolm Reynolds costume?  I couldn't stop grinning the entire time I watched him in it.

I saw that and loved it. The inside jokes were great. "You're going to wear that thing again?"

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-19-10/1211:02> »
By the way, if you're a fan of his, make sure to watch Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog. It's also got Neil Patrick Harris, in addition to some other funny, talented people.

http://www.drhorrible.com/

It's the best, funniest musical ever. I've seen it like three times.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <09-19-10/1225:52> »
Hopefully the sequel will be out soon.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-19-10/1237:41> »
I didn't know there was gonna be one. Awesome.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <09-19-10/1626:02> »
By the way, if you're a fan of his, make sure to watch Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog. It's also got Neil Patrick Harris, in addition to some other funny, talented people.

http://www.drhorrible.com/

It's the best, funniest musical ever. I've seen it like three times.

Seen it. Laughed my ass off. Love it. <3

And I love Firefly to bits. Every part of it. River, Mal, and Kaylee are my favorites, but the whole damn crew just FIT together so well. I never have the patience to watch reruns, but I will sit and watch every single marathon SciFi does. And please don't compare it to Twilight. >_<!! None of you are adolescent/young adult girls. You cannot appreciate just how painfully HORRIBLE that scrap of writing is. If you're going to bash it bash it to like... Harry Potter or something. Just NOT Twilight.

And another "could be converted to shadowrun setting" that is also a crack addiction of mine is Repo! The Genetic Opera. Go see it. Seriously. TOTALLY AWESOME musical, this generation's Rocky Horror Picture show (though thankfully replacing all the damn sex with violence and comedic gore). LOVE IT.

Not to mention the writer for it, Terrance Zdunich, is one of the sweetest, most humble twisted and derranged psychopaths you will ever meet. :D You can't be right in the head and write that kinda shit.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #35 on: <09-19-10/1754:42> »
Repo Men was a movie I liked more than I thought I would (in related news).  Solid fight scenes, four main actors that I tend to enjoy, and a halfway believable cyberpunk universe.  I dug it.

burntheartist

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <09-20-10/0253:16> »
I'm sorry, but I can't in any way wrap my mind around Gary Busey (sp?) being 'pretty' in any sense of the way. Those eyes are just so wrong.

That's what made him famous, and really as best as a straight guy can judge he's still a handsome man. Really the casting of modern looking attractive people using current style trends is all I saw the show did differently. Which isn't a bad thing, I like when novels do it and even when it goes crazy like A Knight's Tale (in a bit of a reverse).

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #37 on: <09-20-10/0536:52> »
I watched THE REAL Battlestar growing up I watched 1 season of this supposed new season never watched it again (Hey at least I gave it 1 WHOLE season)

Firefly Eh ok I caught some here and there but it just didn't work for me.

I liked Buffy/Angel but whatever

Dollhouse was good (it had 2 seasons 14 eps and 13 eps STANDARD for todays tv shows) sadly as it neared the end it went off the tracks a bit but then I chalk that up to him trying to wrap it up far ahead of his planed time line.

As to fast jacks comment: "Okay, back to talking about the awesomeness of Firefly and how Mal can kick Kirk's, Picard's AND Sheridan's asses with one ear ripped off." Your right BUT.... thats cause Kirk was a lover Picard is a leader and Sheridan is dead NOW Mal vs. Riker you'd have fight.

As to my shows EH i'm a trekkie (to a point) I've seen the eps of all the series and I own every novel in print (So Far)

Someone said something about inside jokes watch Andromeda very first ep the line to Sorbo's character hunt is what are you some kinda greek god. (He played hercules)

Do I have more of course I watch ALOT of tv but I'm not gonna go in to them all here. I do remember one bad one though that although bad I watched every ep Automan.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #38 on: <09-20-10/0749:21> »
And I admit, it's darn hard to watch many of the old BSG now. Some of those special effects are just painful.

After having watched the entire series within the last six months I have to disagree. Sure, the writing is still the weakest point of the show (closely followed by the amount of stock footage not made for the series), but the effects still look pretty good. They were movie quality for that day and IMO they still hold up.
I was a teen when the original came out Pete, I couldn't bring myself to watch the series. Oh I saw parts of some episodes as I was flipping channels or waiting for the show that came after it. To me it was Buck Rodgers (remember that 80s show) with a bigger budget. To me both were embarrassing to admit if I had watched it. This is from a man who watched Transformers & Thundercats as a US Marine.

So if someones trying to kill me, I have the right to kill 'em back. To paraphase Mal!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-20-10/0836:40> »
As to your challenge, I'll drop RDM's Battlestar Galactica and Deep Space Nine.

Battlestar was actually good for a couple of seasons and then RDM decided to suck my soul through a bendy straw. I would prefer to clean up 20 hairballs too watching 5 minutes of any episode of BSG's final season.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #40 on: <09-20-10/0852:24> »
RDM? Sorry usually I know these things. :-\
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-20-10/0935:28> »
"On Battlestar Wiki, "RDM" is used primarily to mark articles related to the Re-imagined Series, particularly to distinguish between articles with similar names found in both Battlestar Galactica TV series.

* "RDM" is used as a category reference where you can find all Re-imagined Series-related articles.
    * "RDM" is also an acronym for Re-imagined Series co-producer Ronald D. Moore."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #42 on: <09-20-10/0949:15> »
Rebuttals:

1) Pfft... Riker's crashed the Enterprise HOW many times?
2) Automan rocked!!
3) Mal Reynolds is Han Solo and Kara Thrace's love child.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <09-20-10/0955:40> »
I remember Automan.  It was an interesting concept that 80s TV ground into the dirt, like many other high concept shows.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <09-20-10/1322:42> »
Rebuttals:

1) Pfft... Riker's crashed the Enterprise HOW many times?
2) Automan rocked!!
3) Mal Reynolds is Han Solo and Kara Thrace's love child.

Starbuck (Kara Thrace) was actually one of my least favorite characters on Battlestar.