NEWS

remote control rigging

• 3 Replies

Asmayus

• Newb
« on: <02-25-11/1758:05> »
Hello folks,

I'm playing an SR4 campaign right now, and we were given some tinker time with our characters.

My guy is the party tank/driver. Last session, I got caught without my light machine gun (an Ingram White Knight), which I'd left in the truck to avoid suspicion*. It was a meet in a restaurant, and I got caught with my guard down when we were ambushed just outside.

My LMG was mounted in the turret of my truck, and I would have loved to soak the pavement with full auto fire. As it was, I got 2 shots off with my pistol in the entire fight. (Don't worry, I've bought a few extra initiative passes, too :P)

So I want to alter my guy so he can command his truck to open fire remotely. And, ideally, drive, or at least tell it where to drive to, and get on with shooting. He's got to be able to do this in combat, as rigging is secondary to his roll of soaking up damage.

I've just spent an hour trying to figure out what I need to do, but the SR4 handbook is confusing and vague about how to put a rigger together. I've also done searches here and elsewhere online, but all they turn up is drone rigging; jumped in, hot sim, with all the autosofts and programs and adaptations necessary.

What I need is simple: A list of equipment I need to be able to drive and fire my vehicle weapons remotely. Some way of ordering it to go here, shoot that, and then getting back into the fight myself.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Asmayus

*and/or every security unit in a ten mile radius being alerted to the Ork with a machine gun in a restaurant. :D

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-25-11/1804:05> »
A command program on your commlink is all you need. An improved pilot program and some autosofts would help make it more effective.

Asmayus

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-25-11/1822:03> »
Seriously?

No other techno-babble? ;D

I shall purchase forthwith! ;D

Thanks!

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-25-11/1831:58> »
Telling the drone/car to shoot things barely even needs Command.  Issue Command is actually a (System) action, while Remote Control is a (Command) action.  Funny, I know, but thats how it goes.  All you need to be able to tell your truck to open fire is a Remote weapon mount (something from Arsenal, if you arne't using Arsenal don't worry about it), a subscription to your commlink from your truck, and a free action to tell it to start shooting.