NEWS

Data Jack Body Horror

• 6 Replies

deepomega

• Newb
« on: <08-03-15/2045:33> »
I'm messing with a new season of missions for my game group, and I want to have an exfiltration go wrong in a new way. I want the person getting exfiltrated to be a headcase with an AI riding around inside him, getting taken away by a corp he used to work for. During the escape, he will try and rip out his datajack and hand it to someone on the team. My question is: is this feasible? Can you rip out your own datajack with your bare hands? If not, what tools would you need?

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-03-15/2057:25> »
You're looking at ripping out something that's embedded into your skull and meshes into your brain. Most people are going to have difficulty in cracking bone and pulping grey matter. Headcases, perhaps not so much.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-03-15/2105:12> »
Don't expect him to survive the process though.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-03-15/2203:39> »
Yeah, it's bonded to your bone, and through said bone, wires are integrated to yoru brain. Pulling it out is BAD.

(That said, you can see mentions of people freaking out when they wake up with cyberware and trying to scratch out this kind of thing.)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-03-15/2216:33> »
Hmmm.. just a suggestion, perhaps instead of a Datajack it's a Datalock. They look similar from the outside, but the Datalock isn't as integrated into the brain, plus you then get a nice plot arc of finding someone who can actually break the encryption on the built-in drive.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

SirValeq

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-04-15/0731:10> »
Which personality would be removing the datajack? If it's the AI, I could see it preparing the body for the datajack removal by using nanites. They could disconnect the ware from the brain and create alternate ways for arteries, nerves etc. It would have to start beforehand though.

deepomega

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <08-04-15/1624:27> »
Plan is for this to happen during an exfiltration, while moving the dude to the drop-off. I'm LIKE him to survive, even if he's in a pretty fucked up state, which is pointing towards a datalock, or a customized nanoware situation. Thanks all!