NEWS

Question about cybereyes

• 5 Replies

Dr Spider

• Newb
« on: <05-09-16/0052:30> »
I'm in a new campaign, and we're all trying to work through the 5th edition rules until everyone (including the GM) is comfortable.  Inevitably, some issues have come up.  For one thing, I thought I read somewhere that someone with a camera (including the one in cybereyes) could link the feed with the rest of their team.  Is this possible with standard gear, or does it require a PI-Tac or some other equipment?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-09-16/0111:40> »
What you are speaking of is image link (Pi-Tac is networking software to give the entire team various bonuses). I'm at work right now, but I believe if you check the gear section, cybereyes have image link already built in (with no additional cost or use of slots). I think cameras also have image link standard, but again you'll have to check the equipment section's description for cameras.

*Edit: For those players at your table that don't have cameras or cybereyes (mages, etc.), they can get contacts, glasses, or goggles and buy image link as a visual modification for one of those, so that they may still see the feeds.*
« Last Edit: <05-09-16/0116:38> by Dinendae »

Dr Spider

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-09-16/0143:11> »
Thank you. I thought Image Link was what I wanted, but the GM disagreed.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-09-16/0315:55> »
Just to be clear, Image Link is what displays things for you on your Contacts, Goggles, etc. It doesn't record anything.

The reason you can share what cybereyes are seeing is because of the free built-in camera which does the recording for you. Image Link is just used to share and display data in your field of vision.

And as far as sharing that feed from a camera (any camera), that is just handled by standard use of a device. Cameras record data, valid (or hacked valid) users may view the data, including sharing it to others. Then you just throw that camera feed into your AR heads-up through your Image Link and voila you see what they see on your team.
« Last Edit: <05-09-16/0318:16> by Kiirnodel »

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <05-12-16/1726:58> »
Pi-Tac and tac-nets are what you use if you want to take that shared data and actually get game dice pool bonuses from it.

-k

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-13-16/0358:35> »
Ok and say you want to mount one cyber eye on an eye mount do you pay the full cost or half?