NEWS

Welcome to the Sixth World Fiction

• 7 Replies

Chance

• Newb
« on: <08-23-14/2057:02> »
Curious to know who wrote the fiction piece at the beginning of the Welcome to the Sixth World booklet from the Xrossfire box?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-23-14/2328:55> »
I'm 99% sure it was Critias

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-24-14/0922:55> »
That would have been my guess too based on writing style and of course considering his previous work with those characters.  I think I've found a new intro fiction piece for new by players in my campaign.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <09-05-14/1032:13> »
*waves*  Howdy, that one was me, yup.  Glad you like it!  It was a fun little piece to write, and another case of "hoo boy, I've gotta write a story that matches up to some existing artwork," which is always a cool challenge.

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-05-14/1824:01> »
Great job and perfect timing since I had two new players joining. One was inspired by your piece to make a Face character. Sadly the typical elf rather than atypical troll though.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #5 on: <09-05-14/2230:44> »
It was great writing. It was nice and refreshing to see the detailed works and ways of a Face.

It inspired me to create my Face character as a troll. My fellow players were not convinced this was a good mix, but I told them that a troll can have good persuasion skills... and they do agree now, especially when I buy that sniper rifle from the black market.  ;D

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <09-05-14/2327:41> »
Great job and perfect timing since I had two new players joining. One was inspired by your piece to make a Face character. Sadly the typical elf rather than atypical troll though.
It was great writing. It was nice and refreshing to see the detailed works and ways of a Face.

It inspired me to create my Face character as a troll. My fellow players were not convinced this was a good mix, but I told them that a troll can have good persuasion skills... and they do agree now, especially when I buy that sniper rifle from the black market.  ;D
The Crossfire fic was the first thing I wrote after they pitched the Troll Face to me.  I'd just named her (and had just a few pictures to work with for her), and I was glad she kind of..."fell into place" like she did.  Sure, an elf (or anyone, almost!) can be a better Face, but we didn't have a Troll yet, we didn't have a Face yet, so there we were, y'know?  I think she turned out a pretty solid character, all things considered, and I appreciate you two chiming in to let me know you like her.  She debuted in the Digital Tools Box type of stuff (the Beginner Box Set and Alphaware, mostly the former with the rest of the team in the latter), if you'd like a look at her tabletop stats, her basic background, etc, etc. 

At any rate, I'm glad y'all like her, and in particular that piece of fiction.  It was a fun one, trying to pack in lots of action, trying to make sure everyone had their moment of badassitude, and also introducing the team Face (and a passel of Red Samurai, yikes!). 

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <09-07-14/1139:48> »
Mine's on pre-order Crit, but I'm sure it'll kick hinder as much as expected.

You th' man! (I think I only have one fiction piece thusfar. Gotta work on that!)